• AnyStream is having some DRM issues currently, Netflix is not available in HD for the time being.
    Situations like this will always happen with AnyStream: streaming providers are continuously improving their countermeasures while we try to catch up, it's an ongoing cat-and-mouse game. Please be patient and don't flood our support or forum with requests, we are working on it 24/7 to get it resolved. Thank you.

[Resolved by using another burner] Unable to play copied movies

Ok so today I went out and bought some verbatim dvd+r that were made in taiwan. DVD Identifier says they are DVD+R:MCC-004-000. I am currently trying to copy hancock and it is a no go. I also did change the booktype to dvd-ram. When im done copying I can see the folders when i open the disc on my computer but when i try to play the dvd in my xbox 360 it doesnt play. The xbox will try to read it for a few seconds and then stop and go back to open tray. So what do I do now? I've done everything!

1) a) Does your backup play on your computer?

b) Do your backup play in another standalone dvd player?

2) At what speed did you burn your blank media at?

3) Update Anydvd: click http://forum.slysoft.com/showpost.php?p=150060&postcount=1

4) Provide an Anydvd .zip log file using your back up, please.

Last edited:
Yes my backup plays on my computer

No it will not play in a different standalone dvd player (sony) it just keeps trying to load

I burned my media at 8x

I was just using version 6.4.8.5. but i am updating anydvd now and I will try again in a sec

For some reason anydvd will not make a log of my backup copy of the disc? I will try to reburn again and try to give you a log file if the next copy doesnt work.

Also ensure that you're using Clonedvd 2.9.2.0

Other than trying another burner, I'm running out of ideas.

If your computer can read the disc, and if the booktype has been changed properly, then other standalone dvd players should also be able to read the disc.

I am using clonedvd 2.9.2.0

I know im so confused... I just bought this external dvd burner... I can try and hook it up to another computer or something... this really bites lol

I've never ran into something like this before

I tried the new version of anydvd and it didnt help and my copied disc still will not create a logfile

I tried the new version of anydvd and it didnt help and my copied disc still will not create a logfile

Have you tried burning using another drive? If Anydvd isn't creating a log file that generally means it's having a hard time reading the disc (which would then mean it's a bad burn).

ok so i tried another burner and well the dvd will play the menu only in my standalone sony dvd player after you wait a few minutes (definately longer than a regular movie) but it will not play the movie when you hit play movie or whatever from the menu.

It will also not play in my xbox 360. The xbox reads it this time and the screen goes black like its trying to play it but it never plays (which is further than my previous burns have gotten).

Again the burned version of the movie will not create a logfile

Any other ideas?

Are we still dealing with Fred Claus?

1. Update Anydvd: click http://forum.slysoft.com/showpost.php?p=150060&postcount=1

2. Provide an Anydvd log file using the original disc

3. Provide the Clonedvd log file after Clonedvd has finished

attachment.php

a)In the white area under the tab labelled "Log", right click and select "save as".
b)Select where you want to save the log, and then save it.
c) The log will be a .txt file. Zip it up using Winzip or another program. If the text file is small enough, you should be able to upload it anyway. Otherwise, use Winzip.
d) When replying or posting in the Slysoft forums, look for the icon that looks like
attach.gif
(in other words, look for the paperclip after clicking "quote" or when creating a new thread)
e) If you don't see that paperclip icon, click the "go advanced" button. You should see that icon now. Click the paperclip.
f) A small pop-up screen should appear (if it doesn't please ensure your browser is enabled to allow pop-ups from the Slysoft forums)
j) Click the "Browse" button, and locate and select the .zip file (or .txt file) that you created.
k) click "upload"
l) Close the window. When you submit reply, or submit a new thread, the .zip file will be attached automatically for us to take a look at

Last edited:
well i don't know why or how but I tried burning hancock on my regular internal dvd burner on my laptop and it worked.. I don't know why this external drive hasnt worked at all I guess ill return it and get my money back. Thanks for all your patience and help cause this has been a long ongoing issue and im relieved to finally get it working. I will let you guys know if i have any more problems!! =)

well i don't know why or how but I tried burning hancock on my regular internal dvd burner on my laptop and it worked.. I don't know why this external drive hasnt worked at all I guess ill return it and get my money back. Thanks for all your patience and help cause this has been a long ongoing issue and im relieved to finally get it working. I will let you guys know if i have any more problems!! =)

I'm glad that you resolved your problem by using another burner.

Back