• AnyStream is having some DRM issues currently, Netflix is not available in HD for the time being.
    Situations like this will always happen with AnyStream: streaming providers are continuously improving their countermeasures while we try to catch up, it's an ongoing cat-and-mouse game. Please be patient and don't flood our support or forum with requests, we are working on it 24/7 to get it resolved. Thank you.

[Resolved by using another burner] Unable to play copied movies

denniscjr

ok so I have a new problem. I have been copying movies for quite some time now so it's not that im a newbie or anything. I recently tried to copy a number of movies such as iron man, forgetting sarah marshall and speed racer. They all copied using anydvd and clonedvd successfully. Now when I have tried to play them from the copied disc the player and/or computer doesnt see anything on the disc and will not play. Anybody else have a similar problem?

Anybody else have a similar problem?

Nope

Follow the steps/provide information in the order listed below:

1. Use Anydvd 6.4.7.1 beta: click http://sandbox.slysoft.com/beta/SetupAnyDVD6471.exe

You may need to reboot after installing if prompted to do so.

2. Click the red fox icon on your toolbar. Click "default". Click "ok".

3. Use Clonedvd 2.9.1.9: click http://static.slysoft.com/SetupCloneDVD2919.exe

a) Ensure Anydvd is running.
b) Put the problematic original movie dvd in your burner. Wait for Anydvd to scan the disc.
c) Right click the red fox icon on your toolbar.
d) Select "Create Logfile"
e) Wait for Anydvd to create a log file.
f) A pop-up screen will appear. Take note of the location where Anydvd created the logfile and the logfile's name. Click "ok".
g) Go to your My Documents folder
h) You will see a zip file called "Anydvd_Info_titleofmydisc.zip" (or something similar; see step f)
i) When replying or posting in the Slysoft forums, look for the icon that looks like
attach.gif
(in other words, look for the paperclip after clicking "quote" or when creating a new thread)
j) If you don't see that paperclip icon, click the "go advanced" button. You should see that icon now. Click the paperclip.
k) A small pop-up screen should appear (if it doesn't please ensure your browser is enabled to allow pop-ups from the Slysoft forums)
l) Click the "Browse" button, and locate and select the .zip file you created.
m) click "upload"
n) Close the window. When you submit reply, or submit a new thread, the .zip file will be attached automatically for us to take a look at

5. What blank media are you using? Specify a) brand name b)type (-R, +R, -RW, +RW, RAM, DL, etc.), and c)media code).

If you don't know how to obtain media codes, you may find the following programs useful:

http://dvd.identifier.cdfreaks.com and http://www.dvdinfopro.com/

6) At what speed are you burning your blank media?

Well ill download those links you gave me just to make sure I have the most up-to-date versions of anydvd and clonedvd because I usually always keep them updated. Ill have to do that tommorow though. The log file i'll get to you as soon as possible.

Now what I can answer for you is I use Memorex DVD+R's which I have used before. But when I identify the disk it says that they are ritek F16's. I also copy my movies at maximum speed.

So I guess im using trash media but i've used them before with very few problems. I'll use better media next time I have to buy them. Should I copy my movies at a slower speed?

I'll get the rest of the info to you as soon as I can as far as updated versions and log files.

Now what I can answer for you is I use Memorex DVD+R's which I have used before. But when I identify the disk it says that they are ritek F16's. I also copy my movies at maximum speed.

Memorex doesn't make their own blank media. They outsource to the lowest bidder. You're using junk, and don't burn at max. If you're using 16x rated blank media, burn at 12x or 8x.

Bad quality blank media can vary in results from disc to disc, even within the same spindle. With good blank media you can play "find the bad blank" game. With inferior quality blank media you get to play "find the blank that works" game. And even when inferior blank media does work, you can play the "will my backups still play after 6 months (or even after two years)" game.

Use good quality blank media (Taiyo Yuden Premium, Verbatim Datalife Plus, Maxell Plus, Maxell Broadcast Quality). Avoid Ritek, Memorex, Regular Maxell blank media that you can find in most stores that are not made in Japan, Fuji, TDK from Costco, and Princo. Also, on average, it's wise to avoid blank media that's made in China or Hong Kong.

If you're using double layer blank media, use Verbatim +R DL (preferably made in Singapore) or MAM-A 8x +R DL.

click http://forum.slysoft.com/showthread.php?t=2516, and read fully, please

Last edited:
What is going on?

I can't play any of my movies i've copied on regular dvd players. This has been happening of a few movies recently. I've been copying movies for about 3 years or so now and used different types of media. For most of the time I just used my xps laptop and the internal dvd burner for it. When movies werent playing for no reason I thought that my drive was going bad. I bought a external samsung dvd burner with lightscribe so that I could try lightscribing. I been using memorex which I know is bad media I just been trying to get rid of it. I bought a 10 pack of hp lightscribe dvd+r's last night and I tried burning a movie on one of those too.

The movie that im working on right now is fred claus but like I said it's not the only movie i've had problems with recently. I also had problems with speed racer and kung fu panda and wall-e. I've tried copying the movie at multiple speeds. I've tried 2 different computers now. When I copy the dvd I put it back in my computer and i can play it on the computer but I want to be able to play them in normal dvd players but when I try that it doesnt read. On my xbox 360 it just says reading for a bit and then goes back to open tray and i tried a regular sony dvd player and it just keeps saying loading. I've made a log file of fred claus for you guys to look at. I've also tried copying it with and without the menus. I think i've covered everything but im so tired of my movies not copying and tired of wasting money by throwing dvds away. Oh and also I do have the latest versions of clone dvd and any dvd.

I've attached a log file for fred claus and here is the info for the hp dvds ive been using

Dvd identify says the hp discs are dvd+r:cmc mag-m01-000

Attachments

• AnyDVD_Info_E_FRED_CLAUS.zip
    79.7 KB · Views: 3
sorry i didn't know that the hp's were junk media too. Hopefully i'll be the new media then and see if it works. Where should I find some of this good media at? I haven't found anything good at local stores... do I have to buy it online somewhere cause I don't even see any of the stuff you listed on newegg.com

sorry i didn't know that the hp's were junk media too. Hopefully i'll be the new media then and see if it works. Where should I find some of this good media at? I haven't found anything good at local stores... do I have to buy it online somewhere cause I don't even see any of the stuff you listed on newegg.com

It's important when using +R blank media to change the booktype to "dvd-rom" before burning to ensure playback compatibility. Also, don't burn at "max" in Clonedvd.

Newegg certainly does carry Verbatim Datalife Plus.

I currently prefer Taiyo Yuden (don't buy Valuline, Trublue, nor Linkyo, since I don't know what Linkyo is): visit www.supermediastore.com

Are all verbatim media usually ok? I would like to get some new blank media as soon as possible and I was thinking about going to best buy and picking up some verbatim dvd+r's there. Do you think they would be okay to use or do I have to get datalife plus ones?

Are all verbatim media usually ok?

No

Verbatim made in Taiwan = made by CMC, Prodisc, or Ritek (in some countries)

The CMC and Prodisc Verbatims are produced to Verbatim's high standards, so, in theory, CMC made Verbatims are better than the CMCs made for other companies--especially if you're buying Verbatim Datalife Plus. Same goes for Prodisc made Verbatim.

Ritek made Verbatim I would avoid like the plague (but it's not easy to tell before buying; if you're in the U.S., then it's unlikely that you'll ever encounter these)

Verbatim made in Singapore = made by Mitsubishi Chemical Corporation (rare now . . . Verbatim is a subsidiary of MCC, so if you find Verbatims made in Singapore they are "real" Verbatims). These are excellent

Verbatim made in Japan = made by Taiyo Yuden usually (typically very good stuff)

Verbatim made in India = Moser Baer (I'm not a fan, but some people feel these can be very good)

I would like to get some new blank media as soon as possible and I was thinking about going to best buy and picking up some verbatim dvd+r's there. Do you think they would be okay to use or do I have to get datalife plus ones?

I prefer Verbatim Datalife Plus (they are supposed to be Verbatim's higher end line).

I think, however, Drinklyeanddie (another moderator) just bought some Verbatims at Best Buy (probably not Datalife Plus).

Really, if you want to be absolutely safe, I would go with the Taiyo Yudens I mentioned.

That said, the problem may not be your blank media at all (but switching couldn't hurt). The problem could be the fact that you're not changing booktype before burning--and also because you're probably burning at "maximum" and shouldn't be.

Last edited:
Yeah I might try some verbatims from best buy then cause I dont think best buy sells any datalife plus and I live in the US and never even seen any Taiyo Yudens.

I actually just tried using my dads laptop and his internal dvd burner on his gateway laptop and used the hp lightscribe discs I got and it worked. I burned at 8x but i left the book type at DVD-5. What does changing the booktype do? I've never changed it before

the book type at DVD-5

That's not booktype. That's the size of your blank disc. If you're using a normal single layer blank, you should be selecting "dvd-5".

If you read the links I provided earlier, you will see how to change booktype.

I think, however, Drinklyeanddie (another moderator) just bought some Verbatims at Best Buy (probably not Datalife Plus).

I generally use the Verbatims made in Taiwan. Normally I order them online when I find then on sale from NewEgg with free shipping but when Best Buy has them on at 9.99 USD for a spindle of 50 I usually grab a few. That price with no shipping makes it worth it for a backup supply. BB carries both Verbtaims made in Taiwan and India so if you don't want the ones form India you have to go selectively pick them off the shelf. If you do the in store pickup route they just randomly grab them.

I don't believe BB ever carries DataLife Plus.

Last edited:
I read your post earlier and still don't know how to change the booktype... sorry =(

Also how do I know where the discs are made? Don't they all say the same thing even if they are made in Taiwan or India?

I read your post earlier and still don't know how to change the booktype... sorry =(

Also how do I know where the discs are made? Don't they all say the same thing even if they are made in Taiwan or India?

If you are using the latest CloneDVD version it should successfully set the booktype to DVD-ROM when burning a disc using most drives. It's automatic if you are using DVD+R discs.

It says on the plastic wrapping on the Verbatim cakeboxes where they were made. In my experience it's always pretty much right under the bar code.

Last edited:
If you are using the latest CloneDVD version it should successfully set the booktype to DVD-ROM when burning a disc using most drives. It's automatic if you are using DVD+R discs.

No. Very few actually . . .
That's only true for NEC, Sony Optiarc, and Hitachi-LG burners. More importantly the OP is using a Samsung.

Ok so today I went out and bought some verbatim dvd+r that were made in taiwan. DVD Identifier says they are DVD+R:MCC-004-000. I am currently trying to copy hancock and it is a no go. I also did change the booktype to dvd-ram. When im done copying I can see the folders when i open the disc on my computer but when i try to play the dvd in my xbox 360 it doesnt play. The xbox will try to read it for a few seconds and then stop and go back to open tray. So what do I do now? I've done everything!

Back