• AnyStream is having some DRM issues currently, Netflix is not available in HD for the time being.
    Situations like this will always happen with AnyStream: streaming providers are continuously improving their countermeasures while we try to catch up, it's an ongoing cat-and-mouse game. Please be patient and don't flood our support or forum with requests, we are working on it 24/7 to get it resolved. Thank you.

[resolved by uninstalling and reinstalling] updating problem to 6.4.8.5

tqhoang

Thanks for the information, James. This makes the situation even more bizarre that 6.4.8.4 beta apparently worked yet 6.4.8.5 causes this problem.

I was running 6.4.8.4 beta fine. Then tried to install 6.4.8.5 this morning and it complained that it couldn't overwrite the AnyDVDtray.exe. Retry failed, so I aborted. Then ran the uninstall for the beta and made sure the program files folder was empty. Installed 6.4.8.5 (cleanly) but I haven't rebooted yet.

FWIW, I'm running XP Pro SP3 with all the latest updates. Also I have an older VIA KT400 chipset motherboard (ASUS A7V8X) along with one of the latest VIA Hyperion Pro drivers.

Now I did have a data CD in my DVD-ROM drive but otherwise that was the only thing out of the ordinary. Perhaps the Windows is at fault here?

That seems to be a totally different issue than the OP has.

-W

I was running 6.4.8.4 beta fine. Then tried to install 6.4.8.5 this morning and it complained that it couldn't overwrite the AnyDVDtray.exe. Retry failed, so I aborted. Then ran the uninstall for the beta and made sure the program files folder was empty. Installed 6.4.8.5 (cleanly) but I haven't rebooted yet.

That's actually step 1 from the link I posted originally in the thread you replied to, and step 1 worked for you, but not the OP. So that's not the same issue.

Last edited:
Back