• AnyStream is having some DRM issues currently, Netflix is not available in HD for the time being.
    Situations like this will always happen with AnyStream: streaming providers are continuously improving their countermeasures while we try to catch up, it's an ongoing cat-and-mouse game. Please be patient and don't flood our support or forum with requests, we are working on it 24/7 to get it resolved. Thank you.

[ Resolved] Amazon Prime with VPN

Jaaaamie

Hello guys

Smallville is on the French Amazon as a Prime Video. On the UK one (where I am), it’s £20 a season. I want to save them from there. I’ve tried setting Nord to France and changing the address in content to a French one, even deleted cookies. But no matter what I do, it knows I am in the UK and says can’t be played in this location. Has anyone had any success without getting Prime Videos from another country? Am I doing something wrong?

Thanks

Jamie

Hello guys

Smallville is on the French Amazon as a Prime Video. On the UK one (where I am), it’s £20 a season. I want to save them from there. I’ve tried setting Nord to France and changing the address in content to a French one, even deleted cookies. But no matter what I do, it knows I am in the UK and says can’t be played in this location. Has anyone had any success without getting Prime Videos from another country? Am I doing something wrong?

Thanks

Jamie
You could try changing the country and language in the settings. I am not promising that will work but its worth taking a shot.

You could try changing the country and language in the settings. I am not promising that will work but its worth taking a shot.

Tried that. Still diverts me to Amazon UK

Do perhaps have Split tunneling enabled in your Nord VPN app? (Under Settings > Split tunneling).
With Nord you can choose which apps uses the VPN connection and which apps bypass using it.

So a shot in the dark here, but I suspect that AS might have accidentally been set to not use the VPN?

Tried that. Still diverts me to Amazon UK

You need a French account on amazon and prime video too.
It's a different service.

Otherwise you have access only amz originals and same content like your registered prime account.

You need a French account on amazon and prime video too.
It's a different service.

Otherwise you have access only amz originals and same content like your registered prime account.

Nope. I'm paying through the US using a virtual CC and us address (i'm in belgium). With my VPN and Anystream set to the US i have access to US content, with the VPN disabled and Anystream set to Other, i have access to my normal content available to Belgium. What MAY be required though is a FR based address and payment method. But account wise, there's only 1 account.

Your Amazon credentials will work in any region (except Japan i believe). I've confirmed my single account working in US, FR, DE, NL, and IT.

Nope. I'm paying through the US using a virtual CC and us address (i'm in belgium). With my VPN and Anystream set to the US i have access to US content, with the VPN disabled and Anystream set to Other, i have access to my normal content available to Belgium. What MAY be required though is a FR based address and payment method. But account wise, there's only 1 account.

Your Amazon credentials will work in any region (except Japan i believe). I've confirmed my single account working in US, FR, DE, NL, and IT.

Sorry, what’s a virtual CC? I am not sure what that is. How do you set AnyStream to another country? Is it a setting within AnyStream? Can you see if you can access Smallville in France for me?

Thank you

Jamie

Virtual Credit Card, through settings. France uses the "Other" region and yes i can. All 10 seasons

Virtual Credit Card, through settings. France uses the "Other" region and yes i can. All 10 seasons

I have my UK Visa Debit linked to my Amazon account. Do I still need Virtual CC?

I don't know, try it. I'm doing the opposite. Going FROM the EU to the US. You're trying to go from outside the EU to within. While your account login details are the same, i have no idea what kind of payment method requirements they'll impose for non-eu members.

Sent from my Pixel 3 XL using Tapatalk

I don't know, try it. I'm doing the opposite. Going FROM the EU to the US. You're trying to go from outside the EU to within. While your account login details are the same, i have no idea what kind of payment method requirements they'll impose for non-eu members.

Sent from my Pixel 3 XL using Tapatalk

I will have a look later tonight and report back. Hopefully it works.

When I change the AnyStream setting to US, I can download from the US Amazon (Also changing Nord to US). But when I change it to Other, no matter what I do on Nord, it still redirects me to UK.

When I change the AnyStream setting to US, I can download from the US Amazon (Also changing Nord to US). But when I change it to Other, no matter what I do on Nord, it still redirects me to UK.
You cant get round not paying for movies that you have to pay for in your zone and IMPO Nord is terrible.

You cant get round not paying for movies that you have to pay for in your zone and IMPO Nord is terrible.

Buffy isn’t on Prime in the UK. I was able to download an episode from the US Prime store. I just wish Smallville was on the UK or US store!

Buffy isn’t on Prime in the UK. I was able to download an episode from the US Prime store. I just wish Smallville was on the UK or US store!
I downloaded 10 seasons of Smallville (Supermans home) on Hulu

Not entirely true, but you were probably speaking from a semi-official position representing AS?
I am in the USA, and the new Spiral movie is available on AP in the UK, but not available in the USA. Changed AS to UK, set NordVPN to UK, and was able to get Spiral.

Not entirely true, but you were probably speaking from a semi-official position representing AS?
I am in the USA, and the new Spiral movie is available on AP in the UK, but not available in the USA. Changed AS to UK, set NordVPN to UK, and was able to get Spiral.
Thats great. Nord is garbage. If you like it then you use it, they have about 40 blocked IPs. Have fun. No semi-official position, purely personal. I got Spiral with a .99 cent month subscription to Starz on AP. I am not in the USA.

Last edited:
Thats great. Nord is garbage. If you like it then you use it, they have about 40 blocked IPs. Have fun. No semi-official position, purely personal. I got Spiral with a .99 cent month subscription to Starz on AP. I am not in the USA.

What is the best VPN to use for steaming?

Back