• AnyStream is having some DRM issues currently, Netflix is not available in HD for the time being.
    Situations like this will always happen with AnyStream: streaming providers are continuously improving their countermeasures while we try to catch up, it's an ongoing cat-and-mouse game. Please be patient and don't flood our support or forum with requests, we are working on it 24/7 to get it resolved. Thank you.

[Resolved] AI Scanner removes playable cell and RipGuard

I don't understand. The zip indicates that this disc has structural protection on it.
So, isn't this the the Ripguard version you uploaded?

I can't understand, too.
It is surely No_RipGuard.
It is obviously different from previous version.

I attached the file of RipGuard additioanally.
Bad sector of RipGuard is in VTST_10.
You will understand the difference of both.

What do you mean structual protection ?
It means only to have BadSector like RipGuard, ARccOS? or another mianing?

Regards.

Attachments

• AnyDVD_Info_K_CRZ0JJW2.zip
    104.5 KB · Views: 0
Last edited:
What do you mean structual protection ?
It means only to have BadSector like RipGuard, ARccOS? or another mianing?

That's basically what I thought. But James will have the best answer.

I recommend doing what James suggests:

A. Click the red fox icon on your toolbar. Click the "Default" button. Click "ok".

B. Use Anydvd ripper (right click red fox icon on toolbar-->select "rip video dvd to harddisk")

Is there still a problem with the Easter Egg on either version?

That's basically what I thought. But James will have the best answer.

I recommend doing what James suggests:

A. Click the red fox icon on your toolbar. Click the "Default" button. Click "ok".

B. Use Anydvd ripper (right click red fox icon on toolbar-->select "rip video dvd to harddisk")

Is there still a problem with the Easter Egg on either version?

And most important: disable logging & set AI scanner to automatic.

Doesn't step "A" do the same thing? If not, I've been giving people the wrong instructions.
Due to a ... erm ... bug ... no, it doesn't set the scanner to automatic (just tried)... :eek:

Uh oh . . . :(

Ok, I need to fix a few of my responses to other people in other threads.

The good news - if installing 6.3.0.8 "automatic" will be set as default, so unless someone played with the setting ignoring the "not recommended" warnings (which should be rather obvious, I would say), all will be fine.
EDIT: The annoying "Warning" message box when logging is enabled should also be a subtle indication to adjust the settings.

The good news - if installing 6.3.0.8 "automatic" will be set as default, so unless someone played with the setting ignoring the "not recommended" warnings (which should be rather obvious, I would say), all will be fine.
EDIT: The annoying "Warning" message box when logging is enabled should also be a subtle indication to adjust the settings.

O.k., thank you.

Set AI Scanner to "Automatic" (Default).
Disable logging (Default).

Both discs (RipGuard / No RipGuard) will play correctly.

I misunderstood. I thougut Warning is not about logging itself, but about setting of AI scanner.

Certainly when disable logging, Easter Egg of both DISCs is not removed.

But I'm very confused.
About No_RipGuard, if enable logging, Status shows to find structual protection. But if disable logging, Status shows not to find structual protection.
About RipGuard, if enable logging, Easter Egg is removed. But if disable logging, Easter Egg is not removed.

Why is there the relation between AI scanner and logging?
Is it means that we can't set "enable logging"?
If so, we can't post zip file.
I think setting of AI scanner and logging had better to be independent.

Regards.

Last edited:
Yes, that is why James told you to disable logging while decrypting.

(Sorry to ask similar things many times.)
Is it mean that we must usually set disable logging , and enable logging is only to send you the file?

And is it from before?
The results which I posted were all when setting is enable logging.
I always setted enable logging.
I think AnyDVD changed from ver.6.3.0.7beta.

Regards.

Yes, that's correct.

No. This is a recent change.
And 6.3.0.7 was very, very buggy.

Thanks.
I understood about logging well.

Returning to the first problem which is AI scanner misrecognize the cell jumped from multiple set of buttons,
It is not fixed yet. Easter Egg can't be replayed when enable AI scanner even is disable logging.
No_RipGuard and RipGuard are same.
Is it mean that AI scanner doesn't work about both, when automatic ?
Does AI scanner work if RipGuard, when automatic ?

And more, Status shows to find structural protection, though it is No_RipGuard.
Is it misunderstanding?

Regards

It is not fixed yet. Easter Egg can't be replayed when enable AI scanner even is disable logging.
No_RipGuard and RipGuard are same.

Certainly when disable logging, Easter Egg of both DISCs is not removed.

You said the issue was fixed earlier. What has changed?

a) Is your A.I. scanner set to "Automatic (default)"?
b) Is logging disabled (default)?
c) Are you playing the rip from Anydvd (right click red fox icon on your toolbar-->select "Rip video dvd to hard disk")? Watch/play that rip on your computer.

The answers to all three questions should be "yes".

d) Is Anydvd 6.3.0.8 still removing the easter egg when all three conditions are met?

The point is the A.I. scanner should be set to "Automatic (default)" and logging should be disabled (default).

Last edited:
a) Is your A.I. scanner set to "Automatic (default)"?
b) Is logging disabled (default)?
c) Are you playing the rip from Anydvd (right click red fox icon on your toolbar-->select "Rip video dvd to hard disk")? Watch/play that rip on your computer.

The answers to all three questions should be "yes".

d) Is Anydvd 6.3.0.8 still removing the easter egg when all three conditions are met?

a) No. Because I want to confirm the function of AI scanner. (Whether it recognize multiple set of buttons?)
b) Yes.
c) No. I confimed by replaying by soft player (PowerDVD), because rippig of every time needs much time.

My thinking is wrong?
I can't understand a) and b) should be "yes".

As similar example; PathPlayer of DVDFab which finds and removes unplayable cells.
*When disable, it doesn't find and remove unplayable cells about No_RipGuard and Ripguard.
*When enable, it finds and removes unplayable cells about No_RipGuard and Ripguard.
*When automatic, it finds and removes unplayable cells about Ripguard, but doesn't about No_RipGuard.
(It had the same bug which removes EasterEgg, and it was fixed recently. it can recognize multiple set of buttons now.)

Regards.

Last edited:
a) No. Because I want to confirm the function of AI scanner.
b) Yes.
c) No. I confimed by replaying by soft player (PowerDVD), because rippig of every time needs much time.

I can't understand a) and b) should be "yes".

Quite simply those are the default settings in Anydvd. The default settings should be used. Only if you experience issues should you try other settings.

The A.I. scanner shouldn't be used unless structural protection is on the disc (that's what the default setting does). It should never be constantly enabled (slows down initial disc recognition or initial processing by Anydvd as well).

Anyway, thank you for confirming that Anydvd is working as intended with these discs.

If James wants to explain further, I'm sure he will when he has time.

Again, thanks.

Last edited:
The A.I. scanner shouldn't be used unless structural protection is on the disc (that's what the default setting does). It should never be constantly enabled (slows down initial disc recognition or initial processing by Anydvd as well).

If so, why the result of automatic and enable about RipGuard is different?
I think it have same result, because automatic has same meaning as enable when structural protection.

Is it another thing between "correct recognization of unplayable cell" and "slow down" ?

Anyway, about "Cars" there is no problem if setting is default.
Thanks very much.

Regards.

Currently the bug of AI scanner which misrecognizes about multiple set of buttons is fixed or not ?

Is there any method to confirm it ?

Regards.

Back