• AnyStream is having some DRM issues currently, Netflix is not available in HD for the time being.
    Situations like this will always happen with AnyStream: streaming providers are continuously improving their countermeasures while we try to catch up, it's an ongoing cat-and-mouse game. Please be patient and don't flood our support or forum with requests, we are working on it 24/7 to get it resolved. Thank you.

[RESOLVED] 1.2.5.0 Very Unstable

SomeRandoDude

I hadn't had a single crash in the previous version, but have had 4 (or was it five?) crashes since upgrading to 1.2.5.0. One of my last dumps attached. Crashes occurred queuing multiple movies and show episodes. Seem to occur while transitioning to the next in the queue.

Attachments

• AnyStream_1.2.5.0_Dump_20211119221639.astdmp
    7.1 MB · Views: 2
I am also experiencing very unstable performance with the new 1.2.5.0 version, keeps crashing every time I start a download queue. I can only get one download to go individually without a queue. I've attached my log files. Hoping this can be addressed soon as it is pretty much unusable at the moment and I don't have 1.2.4.4.

Attachments

• logs.astlog
    2.1 KB · Views: 4
I am also experiencing very unstable performance with the new 1.2.5.0 version, keeps crashing every time I start a download queue. I can only get one download to go individually without a queue. I've attached my log files. Hoping this can be addressed soon as it is pretty much unusable at the moment and I don't have 1.2.4.4.
That log file doesn't contain any access to any provider or any event at all.
If you get an actual crash, you should get a dump file, can you please post that.

I hadn't had a single crash in the previous version, but have had 4 (or was it five?) crashes since upgrading to 1.2.5.0. One of my last dumps attached. Crashes occurred queuing multiple movies and show episodes. Seem to occur while transitioning to the next in the queue.
OK, what actually happened would have cause v1.2.4.4 to crash just the same. Because the respective code is identical. It's pure coincidence as far as I can tell, that you're seeing this with 1.2.5.0 now.
(Though I can only speak for the one dump you attached - maybe the other crashes were of a different nature).

The actual cause was a network timeout. It looks like your network was terribly busy or for some reason slow and a key request simply didn't get through and timed out.
The error was then badly handled by AnyStream, so instead of simply showing an error message, it crashed.

Can you please download
https://sandbox.redfox.bz/SetupAnyStream_1.2.5.1_64bit.exe
That one should not crash in the same situation and maybe we can see more information.

Sure, how do I get a dump file? Sorry I am a bit of a noob.
Hmm. Now are we talking about the same sort of "crashing"?
That would mean: application, bang, dead, goodbye.
I'm asking, because sometimes people call a simple error message like "download failed, please try again" a crash.

If you get an actual crash, AnyStream will display a message and open an Explorer window containing a file with suffix ".astdmp". That would be the file I need.
If you just get an error message - well, you obviously know how to make a log file, but that would have to be made right after the incident - a log file from a freshly started AnyStream contains nothing useful.

OK, what actually happened would have cause v1.2.4.4 to crash just the same. Because the respective code is identical. It's pure coincidence as far as I can tell, that you're seeing this with 1.2.5.0 now.
(Though I can only speak for the one dump you attached - maybe the other crashes were of a different nature).

The actual cause was a network timeout. It looks like your network was terribly busy or for some reason slow and a key request simply didn't get through and timed out.
The error was then badly handled by AnyStream, so instead of simply showing an error message, it crashed.

Can you please download
https://sandbox.redfox.bz/SetupAnyStream_1.2.5.1_64bit.exe
That one should not crash in the same situation and maybe we can see more information.

Interesting! I recently transitioned to a MacBook and have been running AS in Parallels for nearly two weeks. The Windows VM is running on an external USB 3 HDD which could potentially cause the slowness you note. Though I hadn't seen the issue in 1.2.4.4. I've installed 1.2.5.1. and will let you know how it goes. If I have any more issues I'll move the VM to the internal SSD and try again. Thanks!

@Pete 11 episodes into my queue and no issues. Looks like 1.2.5.1 is handling the situation better to me. Thanks! Love the updated queue feature where you can queue selected, or all episodes. You guys rock.

I will not say "very unstable" because I did observe this kind of behavior with 1.2.4.4
You can observe that downloading two queues at the same time can have two consequences:
1. Crash of the first queue with generation of a dump file (and AS will close when I will click OK button), and
2. No effect on the second queue with continuous downloads with or without failure to retrieve the playlist (with no production of log file).
Please find the image and dump file to improve this already great, great software.
upload_2021-11-20_9-33-19.png

Attachments

• AnyStream_1.2.5.0_Dump_20211119224542.astdmp
    7.2 MB · Views: 2
1. Crash of the first queue with generation of a dump file (and AS will close when I will click OK button), and
2. No effect on the second queue with continuous downloads with or without failure to retrieve the playlist (with no production of log file).
That crash is a different one. It is known and it sometimes happens - has been there for a while now, but ostensibly rare, maybe it's less rare, than I thought?
It only happens with Netflix (whereas @SomeRandoDude s problem is a pure Amazon problem).
Now, the problem with Amazon should be solved with 1.2.5.1 (though it would still fail the downloads that previously caused the crash - we have no magic to eliminate network problems entirely).
And Netflix - we know, that there is this flaw (and this, too, really should not crash the entire application, that's really not good), but we're transitioning the entire old Netflix implementation to a newer model as we speak (the same one we based Disney, Hulu and HBO on), so with that, this problem should be implicitly solved.
Hopefully within the upcoming week.

Love the look/features of the queue in 1.2.5.0 and have not had a crash so far.
This being said, just finished a cartoon with 80+ episodes in season 1 without any hiccups (except i'm almost out of tokens now lol)

Still having exeption errors with 1.2.5.0 and 1.2.5.1 at netflix (4 times behind each other). Amazon is downloading in the background without problems.

That crash is a different one. It is known and it sometimes happens - has been there for a while now, but ostensibly rare, maybe it's less rare, than I thought?
It only happens with Netflix (whereas @SomeRandoDude s problem is a pure Amazon problem).
Now, the problem with Amazon should be solved with 1.2.5.1 (though it would still fail the downloads that previously caused the crash - we have no magic to eliminate network problems entirely).
And Netflix - we know, that there is this flaw (and this, too, really should not crash the entire application, that's really not good), but we're transitioning the entire old Netflix implementation to a newer model as we speak (the same one we based Disney, Hulu and HBO on), so with that, this problem should be implicitly solved.
Hopefully within the upcoming week.

Maybe switching the implementation for NF will also fix the mysterious "Can't read manifest" error?

Back