• AnyStream is having some DRM issues currently, Netflix is not available in HD for the time being.
    Situations like this will always happen with AnyStream: streaming providers are continuously improving their countermeasures while we try to catch up, it's an ongoing cat-and-mouse game. Please be patient and don't flood our support or forum with requests, we are working on it 24/7 to get it resolved. Thank you.

Request Request: Requesting an Option to Handle Forced Subtitles When Multiple Episodes are Selected

VideoCollector

Let me explain my request with an example...

If you go to Amazon Prime and examine the episodes for the TV Series called "Bosch: Legacy", Season 1, you will see that Episode number 1 has no English forced narrative subtitles. However, examine episode #2 and you will see it does have an English forced narrative subtitle.

If I select each episode of the season one-by-one, I can select the forced narrative subtitles for those episodes where it is needed. However, if I select multiple episodes, or the entire season, there is no such option available.

Because of this issue, the ability to select multiple episodes becomes a useless option because the user must still manually select each episode one at a time in order to determine if a forced narrative subtitle is available and then will need to manually select that subtitle for inclusion in the download.

Change Request: So, here then is my request - If a user selects multiple episodes of a program, make an option available to automatically include the forced narrative subtitles for those episodes that include such a subtitle track. Maybe like a checkbox that says "include forced narrative subtitle track in your language if one exists".

I think this was fixed a long time ago (at least 2 months), AS will download forced subtitles of the next episodes even if the first episode doesn't have. But I think you have to choose at least one language because it will look at the forced subtitles of the languages selected.

Thanks for the feedback. Unfortunately, I just tested this, and that is not what happens. For my test, I elected to download both episode 1 and 2 of the program noted in my original post. I selected English subtitles and then downloaded both episodes. The English forced narrative subtitle for episode 2 was NOT downloaded, but it did download the standard (non-forced) English subtitles, as one would expect.

Thanks for the feedback. Unfortunately, I just tested this, and that is not what happens. For my test, I elected to download both episode 1 and 2 of the program noted in my original post. I selected English subtitles and then downloaded both episodes. The English forced narrative subtitle for episode 2 was NOT downloaded, but it did download the standard (non-forced) English subtitles, as one would expect.
That's why I requested a fixed setting like we now have for AVC/HEVC on Amz, a long time ago.
I would have to check if the mentioned fix worked for me or not as I usually just copy it on the archive drive and never check if the file is complete or something. However, without looking into every single episode, I will not now if there was a forced subs track or not.

Since they now introduced another long-awaited wish (HEVC and CBR), I am sure they will look at this also at some time. It's just that they usually don't say it, so you don't even now if they are looking into or denied it.

Please leave a log file whenever you make a request that includes you saying some thing wasn’t done and that was supposed to be

I can provide a logfile, I could recreate that ...

It seems that is provider specific:
While Netflix works fine and downloads forced subtitles in subsequent episodes, even if the first had none, With AP Anystream seems to match the settings of the first episode
Bosch Legacy S01E01:
Code:
00:01:43.298 - [Debug] [download config prime] Selected subtitle: de_DE, "Deutsch"
00:01:43.298 - [Debug] [download config prime] Selected subtitle: de_DE, "Deutsch forced narrative"
00:01:43.299 - [Debug] [download config prime] Selected subtitle: en_US, "English [CC]"
00:01:43.300 - [Debug] [download config prime] Selected audio track: gen17_audio_en-US_4=640000
00:01:43.300 - [Debug] [download config prime] Selected audio track: gen18_audio_de-DE_4=640000
00:01:43.300 - [Debug] [download config prime] Selected video track: gen0_video=150000
00:01:43.300 - [Debug] [download config prime] Selected subtitles track: de-de_subtitle_dialog_0
00:01:43.300 - [Debug] [download config prime] Selected subtitles track: de-de_narrative_dialog_0
00:01:43.300 - [Debug] [download config prime] Selected subtitles track: en-us_sdh_dialog_0
Bosch Legacy S01E02
Code:
00:02:58.419 - [Debug] [playlist:prime] Adopting streams...
00:02:58.419 - [Debug] [playlist:prime] Video: found perfect match
00:02:58.419 - [Debug] [playlist:prime] Subtitle: found perfect match
But the download window shows an additional forced english track
upload_2023-2-11_10-2-50.png

further down the logfile you will notice that Netflix works as intended (y)

Attachments

• AnyStream_1.5.1.0.astlog
    2.6 MB · Views: 0
Yeah, "Bosch: Legacy" includes forced subs for Episodes 2, 3 and 6. Download those episodes individually I guess if needed, then batch download the rest. Can't say I've experienced this issue myself though it probably has something to do with the fact I can only download one item at a time. :whistle: Once of these days I'll upgrade to AnyStream Plus. ;)

It seems that is provider specific:
While Netflix works fine and downloads forced subtitles in subsequent episodes, even if the first had none, With AP Anystream seems to match the settings of the first episode

Oh great, I just tested and I have the same problem... I thought I was over with that :(
I have to check all the shows I downloaded from Amz now.

I thought this was dealt with back in November. Apparently it is still an issue with AP. I prefer to select my episodes individually so I can see if there are any differences in the files. If there are forced subtitles on any episodes the box is always pre-checked, so I never miss any.

I don't know what is the state of the fix, but can I suggest an option to not close the season window when we download an episode manually ? It will make easier to just click on the next title than reopen all and scroll down to the good title for each episode.

With forced subs on AP, they will often be there as closed captions, it's worth opening the video stream with CCExtractor and see if it finds anything (I think CCExtractor is the only game in town for these)

I don't know what is the state of the fix, but can I suggest an option to not close the season window when we download an episode manually ? It will make easier to just click on the next title than reopen all and scroll down to the good title for each episode.

In addition when AS crashes for some reason I have an error message in the middle of my screen and I can't click "ok" on it because it will close AS. When you just finished to add 100 episodes manually in the queue you don't want to close AS. So if something could make easier the manual downloading of each episode it can be a good thing I think.

I usually add one at a time just to be safe. I love the idea of AS going to the next episode automatically so I can check for forced. It will save so much time!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk Pro

I usually add one at a time just to be safe. I love the idea of AS going to the next episode automatically so I can check for forced. It will save so much time!
At least for Netflix and Disney+ the forced subtitle selection works fine...
If you select a whole season, even if the first episode does not contain forced subs and some episode in that season has them, they get downloaded.

If you select a whole season, even if the first episode does not contain forced subs and some episode in that season has them, they get downloaded.

Ah, that’s cool to know. Thanks man!

Great thanks, I was using the whole season thing only on Netflix, it will be less painful for Disney too now that I know.

Is something new about this ?

If it's too much complicated to do and take a lot of time, please at least make something to make it easier to download manually each episode, like not closing the season window when we download an episode.

pro tip. get firefox. get greasemonkey, get prime video subtitle download script. profit. i use it for backup, since sometimes AS doesnt fecth all subtitles i select but thats because of VPN.

Is something new about this ?

If it's too much complicated to do and take a lot of time, please at least make something to make it easier to download manually each episode, like not closing the season window when we download an episode.

I have suggested like when you download episode 1 of a show, it then goes to episode 2 for you to select tracks and subs, then episode 3 etc

Back