• AnyStream is having some DRM issues currently, Netflix is not available in HD for the time being.
    Situations like this will always happen with AnyStream: streaming providers are continuously improving their countermeasures while we try to catch up, it's an ongoing cat-and-mouse game. Please be patient and don't flood our support or forum with requests, we are working on it 24/7 to get it resolved. Thank you.

[REQUEST] Enable mouse context menu ONLY for pasting text in the movie search bar.

Status
Not open for further replies.

pitoloko

This is what I hate the most and what makes me most uncomfortable when using AnyStream:

Many times I have a text list open with the names of movies written down and I don't have the keyboard at hand, I only have the mouse. The thing is that because the mouse context menu is completely disabled in the (Prime Video's) movie search bar in AnyStream, I can't paste the movie names in the search bar, and therefore AnyStream is temporarily unfunctional while I can't get back to the keyboard to press "CTRL+V".

I am aware that this is a rare and undemanding scenario, but that is not the point, the point is that it would be helpful and it will make more versatile the software if you would just please consider enabling the mouse context menu just for the purpose of being able to use the option "Paste", to paste text in the search bar of the corresponding platform.

I understand that it is not possible to enable the context menu completely, I fully understand why it is disabled, but I only mean that you enable the single option to paste text, or to replace the default context menu so that a custom menu appears with only one option: "Paste Text".

Please think in an inclusive way in accessibility terms, in people with typing difficulties and who get along better using the keyboard, or in people who are directly missing an arm, no matter the circumstance, simply people who prefer and/or are forced to have to use only the mouse in AnyStream, but they can't copy the name of a movie and paste it into the platform's browser because the context menu is disabled so AnyStream at that point becomes unfunctional.

Thanks for read.

I'm not sure if that is possible or not. It looks like AS didn't design the interface with AP as it is so different from the other providers.

As a workaround, put a shortcut to osk.exe (assuming you are using Windows - Maybe there is an equivalent for the OS you are using if not). This is the "On Screen Keyboard" that you can use in place of a physical one. =You can find it in the \System32 folder in \Windows.

Thanks and yes, you're right, any on-screen keyboard will serve as a workaround, but that implies having to depend on an external tool as a patch to solve the main problem. My idea is not to accumulate, but to simplify, then I think the program itself should facilitate a direct way to paste text into the movie search bar.

I don't think I'm asking for any crazy feature, copy/paste text via a mouse context-menu it is an essential feature that must be available especially in a software like this. Just letting the end-user to paste text into a search bar element which is there in the DOM webpage and it is kept enabled after the webpage is loaded by AnyStream, so the search bar in theory it should be used to write, or copy and paste text with keyboard, and also with the mouse.

Thanks for read.

Maybe sometime in the future, we never rule anything out. No promises, but give it a bit of time.:whistle:

As I stated, it looks like AS didn't design the interface with AP as it is so different from the other providers.
Yes it is. The Amazon interface does not accept cut and paste. CTRL+V only.:whistle:

I figure that "AS" stands for AnyStream, and maybe "AP" stands for 'Amazon Prime'?.

The search-bar in the web-interface of Amazon Prime Video accepts regular commands such as undo/redo, cut, copy, paste and delete, at least in Mozilla Firefox, where a context-menu is displayed when pressing down the right-mouse button.

I don't have subscription to other providers to try their interfaces into the integrated browser of AS, neither to try them in common web-browsers.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back