• AnyStream is having some DRM issues currently, Netflix is not available in HD for the time being.
    Situations like this will always happen with AnyStream: streaming providers are continuously improving their countermeasures while we try to catch up, it's an ongoing cat-and-mouse game. Please be patient and don't flood our support or forum with requests, we are working on it 24/7 to get it resolved. Thank you.

Request Request: Add Criterion Channel as a provider

Status
Not open for further replies.

Cementbag

Hi,

Long time lifetime member of the AnyDVD club and used it to preserve the movies in my collection. Now that movies like Roma, Prey, and others are predominantly streaming I’m happy this is an option that isn’t a screengrab like PlayOn.

Now the ask, I realize maybe 3 people who use anystream would access the criterion channel but I would be over the moon if it was added as a provider. There may be more of us and hopefully it would be an easy lift to install.

Also to dispel any worries predominantly most of the movies are old and black and white but some of them are awesome. ;-)

I also did a search and see nobody asked for criterion yet. If there is a better place to post this let me know.

Lots of people asked for Criterion (myself included) when the general purpose thread existed. Unfortunately, no one EVER read through previous posts and the thread became useless.

The dev team has enough requests for a few lifetimes. The criteria (heh) in play are 1) DRM they can crack, and 2) providers that are popular enough to make the dev effort worthwhile (as in, somebody might buy if they see it on the list).

Nothing else matters.

Totally understand. Thanks for the backstory. I'll keep an eye out and enjoy many other channels through what's available and what I can subscribe to through Amazon Prime Channels.

Wondering why in the hell the development team pissed away their time on thee worst YouTube down-loader, that absolutely no one asked for?! :mad::mad::mad:

Hi,

Long time lifetime member of the AnyDVD club and used it to preserve the movies in my collection. Now that movies like Roma, Prey, and others are predominantly streaming I’m happy this is an option that isn’t a screengrab like PlayOn.

Now the ask, I realize maybe 3 people who use anystream would access the criterion channel but I would be over the moon if it was added as a provider. There may be more of us and hopefully it would be an easy lift to install.

Also to dispel any worries predominantly most of the movies are old and black and white but some of them are awesome. ;-)

I also did a search and see nobody asked for criterion yet. If there is a better place to post this let me know.
More people are interested in Criterion, than this stupid ass YouTube update. A slap in the face to the users, is what it is.

More people are interested in Criterion, than this stupid ass YouTube update. A slap in the face to the users, is what it is.
That's entirely uncalled for and you are making accusations based on data you simply don't have. You have no idea who has asked for what over the last few years. Redfox has a pretty long history of giving folks exactly want they want and keeping their userbase pretty dang happy. Just because they do something you personally disagree with is no reason to act like a petulant child.

I am a user, and I personally do not care about Criterion. I much rather have a sweet YouTube downloader.

The thing with Criterion is that it is one of the last to still play (great) older films, the kind of films that may completely disappear (TCM debacle, anyone?). If it were available I'd be getting pretty much anything they played if not just to preserve and create a library to give to my son one day.

The thing with Criterion is that it is one of the last to still play (great) older films, the kind of films that may completely disappear (TCM debacle, anyone?). If it were available I'd be getting pretty much anything they played if not just to preserve and create a library to give to my son one day.
I don't think anyone is of the opinion that there is no value to the site. I think you clearly demonstrate their is.

(Do not want to quarrel with anyone)
Based on some tests, the Criterion Channel uses standard Widevine, so it is possible to decrypt the streams manually.
All you need to do is some basic Python knowledge and so on...
Its bitrate is acceptable, and it has 1080p.
1688509781663.png

(Do not want to quarrel with anyone)
Based on some tests, the Criterion Channel uses standard Widevine, so it is possible to decrypt the streams manually.
All you need to do is some basic Python knowledge and so on...
Its bitrate is acceptable, and it has 1080p.
View attachment 72883
How did you do it? Do you have some links for the process?

We are getting a little off topic here, this is a request thread for a provider

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back