• AnyStream is having some DRM issues currently, Netflix is not available in HD for the time being.
    Situations like this will always happen with AnyStream: streaming providers are continuously improving their countermeasures while we try to catch up, it's an ongoing cat-and-mouse game. Please be patient and don't flood our support or forum with requests, we are working on it 24/7 to get it resolved. Thank you.

Removing the region code

That "suggestion" says nothing. There's one bullet preselected, but that doesn't mean, that AnyDVD knows or even thinks to know anything.
When that dialog pops up, AnyDVD wants your opinion, that's all.
It probably preselects whatever you may have selected in an earlier run (or what AnyDVD may have erraneously automatically selected).

But clearly: AnyDVD only says a disc IS region free (this would be displayed in clear words in the status screen, not in the popup), when that disc has no BD-J and the HDMV code in MovieObject.bdmv has no check whatsoever for the region code register.

Ok, I see what you mean. I can see how that may confuse users when such a pop-up appears with Region-Free is selected. Many would just OK it and rip it as is. Maybe it's worth considering that the pop-up will appear with a warning like "anydvd can't determine the region, please select...".

question i live in the us region a and some of the bluray i buy are region b locked, are there some blu-rays out there that cannot be made region free

No, but you may encounter PAL vs NTSC issues.

Removing bureau Blu-ray region: specify the DISC'S region

Verstuurd vanaf mijn Nexus 6P met Tapatalk

that would be region b, as i selected that in the ripper and when i play the video is says locked to region b and would not play in region a player and that is as far as it goes

You can't select regions in the ripper. You specify that in program settings, and make sure your selected to remove the region. DO NOT RESUME PLAYBACK! Restart from the beginning

could you show me in screen shot all i need to select so i know i am doing this right

thanks

Not at home. Just go into Blu-ray settings, tick 'remove region' and set the selection to 'always ask'. Then when you insert AnyDVD will ask you to specify there region. Choose B

funny thing is i did as you stated and when i burn to disc and tried to play in my region a stand alone bluray player it said locked to region b and cannot be played in region a player, and never went past that point

Post a logfile.

@ Ch3vr0n
And I still think my point about Cinavia should be taken into consideration, unless you know something I don't and region "B" Blu-rays are not Cinavia enabled.

Why bring Cinavia into this discussion? It has no relevance. Cinavia is a play-back protection scheme (with players that honor said protection; media players, like Kodi, for instance, simply ignore it). AACS and BD+ protection on Blu-Rays are copy protection mechanisms. AnyDVD HD deals with the latter, not the former.

this is region B Movie and trying to unlock it to make it region free to play on my region A blu-ray player and it does not work

Attachments

• AnyDVD_8.0.4.3_Info_F_NIGHT_OF_THE_DEMONS.ziplog
    114.3 KB · Views: 6
i set it before to region b and set for removel and when i try to play my copy in my bluray stand alone player it just had a black screen and did not go past that

You also need to check for PAL content as that will play in most region A players. So just removing the region is not always enough. Run it through cloneBD and extract main feature and you should have no issues. Amlnd that would be the simplest too. You can also run BDInfo on it and find just the PAL content and just remove that as well.

oh ok i was trying to keep the menu and all intact, so there is no way to keep the menu intact and do this.........?

Back