• AnyStream is having some DRM issues currently, Netflix is not available in HD for the time being.
    Situations like this will always happen with AnyStream: streaming providers are continuously improving their countermeasures while we try to catch up, it's an ongoing cat-and-mouse game. Please be patient and don't flood our support or forum with requests, we are working on it 24/7 to get it resolved. Thank you.

Removing the region code

It should say what the frame size and frame rate is for each file. If it will let you post up a logfile for the disc

I doubt it as there are usually trailers before the menu.
As I said if you post up the report we can take a look

Extras: 50Hz Content
VIDEO: Codec Bitrate Description ----- ------- ----------- MPEG-2 Video 5000 kbps 576i / 25 fps / 16:9

That's PAL disc alright. The bonus content and/or main video are PAL. This is separate of the discs actual region code. There a difference between region code and video standard used.

Verstuurd vanaf mijn Nexus 6P met Tapatalk

so i guess main movie only is all i can do

now that sucks i wanted to keep main movie and menu alone, original menu that is

You could try the menu and main movie as it's usually just trailers and bonus content that is PAL. But I would just use the main movie and select no menu and directly play main title. It will still create a simple menu according to another user but I can't confirm that. But it will play the movie automatically. The main feature should play fine. This is the specs of the main feature from BDInfo:
Playlist: 00000.MPLS
Size: 15,428,438,016 bytes
Length: 1:28:55.040
Total Bitrate: 23.14 Mbps
Video: MPEG-4 AVC Video / 16999 kbps / 1080i / 25 fps / 16:9 / High Profile 4.1
Audio: German / DTS-HD Master Audio / 5.1 / 48 kHz / 2315 kbps / 16-bit (DTS Core: 5.1 / 48 kHz / 1509 kbps / 16-bit)
Audio: English / DTS-HD Master Audio / 5.1 / 48 kHz / 2322 kbps / 16-bit (DTS Core: 5.1 / 48 kHz / 1509 kbps / 16-bit)

I know my HDTV will handle that don't know about my standalone as I've only had that through my pc before. So it might be best to use a BD-RW if you have one. If not get you one always comes in handy especially when situations like this arise.

If this is the menu it should work too:
Name: 00013.MPLS
Length: 0:00:33.960 (h:m:s.ms)
Size: 135,057,408 bytes
Total Bitrate: 31.82 Mbps

VIDEO:

Codec Bitrate Description
----- ------- -----------
MPEG-4 AVC Video 29964 kbps 1080i / 25 fps / 16:9 / High Profile 4.1

AUDIO:

Codec Language Bitrate Description
----- -------- ------- -----------
Dolby Digital Audio German 448 kbps 5.1 / 48 kHz / 448 kbps / DN -4dB

Last edited:
The main feature is pal too. Last time I checked 25fps is a native PAL refresh rate and not a NTSC one.

What is the make and model of your set top player. It used to be that quite a lot of US Blu-ray players would play back 1080i50 but it's dependant on make and model

If your asking me I have BDP-S570 but I would just use my pc (PDVD) for those type of disc's myself if I had any. Both are hooked up to same HDTV so its alot easier to do that for me.

I was asking Panthera as they are the one having the issue.

As to Pete's comment he is correct that PAL and NTSC don't come in to it when talking about HD video, but some US players won't play back 1080i50

mine is a Sony BDP-S350 and would play the main movie with region ok

just wanted to keep the main movie and menu, but when i select both main movie and menu it just sits there with a black screen

main movie i made region free and works fine, just not with anything else selected will it not work

seems the sony players are nice players , but suck when it comes to certain types of discs

what i cannot understand is if the main movie is PAL and i rip the main movie alone and burn to disc it plays

but when i try and do movie with menu alone with extras excluded it does not play at all, just goes to black screen also goes to black screen on whole disc back-up, now i know it does region free on movie alone, and plays , just not the other ways

The main movie is not PAL. PAL refers to a standard definition format (576i)not HI Def. The main movie is 1080i50 @25fps.

According to BDInfo there are only 2 playlists on the disc that use 1080i, 0000.mpls and 0013.mpls. Everything else is in PAL (576i)

You could try running it through BDRebuilder. That has a setting to upscale from SD to HD which may then allow it to work, although I've never used the option myself

Last edited:
Back