Region not being emulated to default setting

Discussion in 'AnyDVD HD (DVD issues)' started by Shugg McGlummfer, Jan 20, 2022.

1. I've searched through the forums and not found anything that matches this:

Pioneer external BD R2, Set AnyDVD to default region 2, OK. Status says "Drive (Hardware) Region: 2" & "Emulating RPC-2 drive with region 1!". In Settings I have all but the last 2 boxes ticked.So, why is it emulating to region 1 when I've set it to Region 2?

Any suggestions welcome. Thanks.

2. Ch3vr0n

Ch3vr0n Translator NL

Anydvd logfile please

Sent from my Pixel 3 XL using Tapatalk

3. dbminter

dbminter Well-Known Member

Yes, if you have both R1 and R2 DVD's you can use, please post logs of both as I think it may make a difference in what AnyDVD is reporting back versus one region or another being inserted.

4. I've clicked on Create Logfile, nothing happens after scanning a disc and there's nothing called .ziplog. Anyway, perhaps I'm misunderstanding what's going on. In R2 drive with R1 disc in, is "Emulating RPC-2 drive with region 1!" actually correct? Sorry if I'm confused. If I use a R2 disc it says "Emulating RPC-2 drive with region 2!" so perhaps it is OK after all.

5. Ch3vr0n

Ch3vr0n Translator NL

That is indeed normal. RPC-2 isn't the same as the actual region

Shugg McGlummfer likes this.
  6. James

James Redfox Development Team Staff Member

Yes, this is correct. Otherwise officially licensed player sofware wouldn't play the disc.

Shugg McGlummfer likes this.