• AnyStream is having some DRM issues currently, Netflix is not available in HD for the time being.
    Situations like this will always happen with AnyStream: streaming providers are continuously improving their countermeasures while we try to catch up, it's an ongoing cat-and-mouse game. Please be patient and don't flood our support or forum with requests, we are working on it 24/7 to get it resolved. Thank you.

Region not being emulated to default setting

I've searched through the forums and not found anything that matches this:

Pioneer external BD R2, Set AnyDVD to default region 2, OK. Status says "Drive (Hardware) Region: 2" & "Emulating RPC-2 drive with region 1!". In Settings I have all but the last 2 boxes ticked.So, why is it emulating to region 1 when I've set it to Region 2?

Any suggestions welcome. Thanks.

Anydvd logfile please

Sent from my Pixel 3 XL using Tapatalk

Yes, if you have both R1 and R2 DVD's you can use, please post logs of both as I think it may make a difference in what AnyDVD is reporting back versus one region or another being inserted.

I've clicked on Create Logfile, nothing happens after scanning a disc and there's nothing called .ziplog. Anyway, perhaps I'm misunderstanding what's going on. In R2 drive with R1 disc in, is "Emulating RPC-2 drive with region 1!" actually correct? Sorry if I'm confused. If I use a R2 disc it says "Emulating RPC-2 drive with region 2!" so perhaps it is OK after all.

I've clicked on Create Logfile, nothing happens after scanning a disc and there's nothing called .ziplog. Anyway, perhaps I'm misunderstanding what's going on. In R2 drive with R1 disc in, is "Emulating RPC-2 drive with region 1!" actually correct? Sorry if I'm confused. If I use a R2 disc it says "Emulating RPC-2 drive with region 2!" so perhaps it is OK after all.
Yes, this is correct. Otherwise officially licensed player sofware wouldn't play the disc.

Back