region issues

Discussion in 'CloneDVD' started by squidracerX, Jul 17, 2007.

1. squidracerX

squidracerX Member

if you change the region setting of your dvd drive wont that lock it into that region setting forever after afew times!? at least thats what i heard, maybe thats an internet rumor? i am trying to make R21 copies of soem, R2 BBC DVDs i bought ,and i cant get it to work with anyDVD and CloneDVD, I will upgrade to the newest version of AnyDVD though.

2. Webslinger

Webslinger Retired Moderator

Backups made with Anydvd are region free. However, Anydvd and Clonedvd do not convert PAL to NTSC nor vice versa.

Last edited: Jul 17, 2007
  3. bjproc

bjproc Well-Known Member

you could also flash the drive with an RPC-1 firmware and make the drive region free

voids your warranty

4. squidracerX

squidracerX Member

so there is no way to make a R2 play on a R1?

so I bought and own R2 DVDs from Britain, there is no way to use AnyDVD and CloneCD to make a copy that will play on a R1 DVD player? Fortunatly i have unlocked my DVD player so it plays them, but i wanted to bring them to friends houses who's players won't be unlocked :( nuts. I thought i would be able to make it "region free" and that meant i could play them on any VDD player. doh!

5. zebadee

zebadee Well-Known Member

Hi :)
    squidracerX,
    As Webslinger points out.
    "Backups made with Anydvd are region free."
    As such should play on any player.
    If you're referring to PAL <> NTSC conversion.
    Again a lot of modern stand alone players will play either.
    I can play either with my stand alone, into my PAL TV OK.
    I'm R2 'UK'.
    You may have to go into the menu of the stand alone player.
    Mine has PAL or NTSC or Auto.

6. RedFox 1

RedFox 1 Super Moderator

Zebadee is exactly right. All discs backed up with AnyDVD are region free and should play in any DVD Player.:agree:

7. squidracerX

squidracerX Member

hmmm?

k, thanks, i tried the dvd and it plays in my player, but again i unlocked mine to be region free.... I will give it to my bro to see if he can do something with it in the menus of his DVD player.... it may just be his player then! :) thanks!