• AnyStream is having some DRM issues currently, Netflix is not available in HD for the time being.
    Situations like this will always happen with AnyStream: streaming providers are continuously improving their countermeasures while we try to catch up, it's an ongoing cat-and-mouse game. Please be patient and don't flood our support or forum with requests, we are working on it 24/7 to get it resolved. Thank you.

Region Codes

SmugTuna

I got a region 2 dvd as a gift and need to take that off so I can make a new copy to play in my player. I've tried twice and both disks are unable to be played. I've made sure the box to remove region codes in AnyDVD is checked, which is obvious that it is because my computer is able to read it after AnyDVD scans it and CloneDVD is able to copy it, but it spits out the same region code (even though I have the default set to region 1). HELP!!! thanks.

you need to set the region in AnyDVD to the region the disc is from. Your drive's hardware region is the one that needs to be set to the region you're in.

In your case for successful decryption your drive needs to be set to R1, while the DEFAULT in AnyDVD needs to be set to Region 2! and not region 1.

Post logs.

Post an Anydvd .zip log file

a) Ensure Anydvd is running.
b) Put the problematic original movie dvd in your burner. Wait for Anydvd to scan the disc.
c) Right click the red fox icon on your system tray.
d) Select "Create Logfile"
e) Wait for Anydvd to create a log file.
f) A pop-up screen will appear. Take note of the location where Anydvd created the logfile and the logfile's name. Click "ok".
g) Windows Explorer will open, and you will see a zip file called "Anydvd_Info_titleofmydisc.zip" (or something similar; see step f)
h) When replying or posting in the Slysoft forums, look for the icon that looks like
attach.gif
(in other words, look for the paperclip after clicking "quote" or when creating a new thread)
i) If you don't see that paperclip icon, click the "go advanced" button. You should see that icon now. Click the paperclip.
j) A small pop-up screen should appear (if it doesn't please ensure your browser is enabled to allow pop-ups from the Slysoft forums)
k) Click the "Browse" button, and locate and select the .zip file you created.
l) click "upload"
m) Close the window. When you submit reply, or submit a new thread, the .zip file will be attached automatically for us to take a look at

I got a region 2 DVD as a gift and need to take that off so I can make a new copy to play in my player. I've tried twice and both disks are unable to be played. I've made sure the box to remove region codes in AnyDVD is checked, which is obvious that it is because my computer is able to read it after AnyDVD scans it and CloneDVD is able to copy it, but it spits out the same region code (even though I have the default set to region 1). HELP!!! thanks.

The Region 2 DVD is most likely in PAL
PAL, short for Phase Alternate Line

.... and your U.S. DVD Player will only accept NTSC
NTSC, named for the National Television System Committee

Will the Back-up Play on your Computer ?
( Your Computer can handle either NTSC or PAL )

:)

still no luck

I tried changing the region codes of my drive to region 1 and changed the default in AnyDVD to region 2, but still no luck. I've attached the logfile.

No,the back up disk will not play on my system (Windows 7 64bit).
Thanks.

Attachments

• AnyDVD_6.6.4.2_Info_D_TIGER_BAY.zip
    85 KB · Views: 9
Last edited:
I tried changing the region codes of my drive to region 1 and changed the default in AnyDVD to region 2, but still no luck. I've attached the logfile.

No,the back up disk will not play on my system (Windows 7 64bit).
Thanks.

It looks like AnyDVD worked fine. Does the original disc play with AnyDVD running?

nope, AnyDVD needs to be set to the region of the disc. Both for DVD's and Blu-rays

nope, AnyDVD needs to be set to the region of the disc. Both for DVD's and Blu-rays

Please post your source for this. I have never had to chage the region in AnyDVD to match the disc I was backing up. DVD regions don't work like Blu-Ray's. They can be easily determined. Why would AnyDVD require the user to manually set the region in the settings to match the DVD when AnyDVD can very easily do it automatically?

Please post your source for this. I have never had to chage the region in AnyDVD to match the disc I was backing up. DVD regions don't work like Blu-Ray's. They can be easily determined. Why would AnyDVD require the user to manually set the region in the settings to match the DVD when AnyDVD can very easily do it automatically?
You are correct, with the exception of RCE (Region Code Enhanced) discs. That's why AnyDVD's DVD region selection exists. Right mouse button explains it.

Heh... I actually missed this one, nice catch Popcan.
Some people make most of this disinformation up as they go along.
crazy.gif

-W

Last edited:
It looks like AnyDVD worked fine. Does the original disc play with AnyDVD running?

No, the original disc does not play even when AnyDVD is running. I get a pop-up telling me "Windows cannot access the specified device, path, or file. You may not have the appropriate permissions to access the item." This happens when AnyDVD is set to region 1 and region 2 as default.

AnyDVD status with the disc in the drive is as follows:

Summary for drive D: (AnyDVD 6.6.4.2)
LITE-ON DVDRW LH-20A1H LL0C 2007/06/20 16:46
Drive (Hardware) Region: 1

Media is a DVD.
Booktype: dvd-rom (version 1), Layers: 1
Total size: 2187652 sectors (4272 MBytes)

Video DVD (or CD) label: TIGER_BAY
Media is CSS protected!
Media is locked to region(s): 2!
Video Standard: PAL

Structural copy protection not found.
RCE protection not found.
Autorun not found on Video DVD.
Bad sector protection not found.
Emulating RPC-2 drive with region 2!

Any ideas???

Let's take a step back and focus

No, the original disc does not play even when AnyDVD is running. I get a pop-up telling me "Windows cannot access the specified device, path, or file. You may not have the appropriate permissions to access the item." This happens when AnyDVD is set to region 1 and region 2 as default.

Wait a minute. Stop.

You say this DVD will not play on your PC. I don't see any reason why a PAL DVD won't play on your machine and this message you mentioned:

"Windows cannot access the specified device, path, or file. yadda yadda"

has nothing to do with that DVD coming from here, there, the moon or anywhere else.

That message normally is telling you the location you pointed an executable or function to is in a place where YOU are not allowed to go.

It's original generic definition was:

"This is normally due to a flag placed on the file as a result of being moved from another computer or network. "

Does this fit the bill?

http://www.winvistaclub.com/t214.html

You ARE, I hope, attempting to play the actual disc in the DVD drive in the PC, is that right?

Regards,

Wait a minute. Stop.

You say this DVD will not play on your PC. I don't see any reason why a PAL DVD won't play on your machine and this message you mentioned:

"Windows cannot access the specified device, path, or file. yadda yadda"

has nothing to do with that DVD coming from here, there, the moon or anywhere else.

That message normally is telling you the location you pointed an executable or function to is in a place where YOU are not allowed to go.

It's original generic definition was:

"This is normally due to a flag placed on the file as a result of being moved from another computer or network. "

Does this fit the bill?

http://www.winvistaclub.com/t214.html

You ARE, I hope, attempting to play the actual disc in the DVD drive in the PC, is that right?

Regards,
I geese I'm embarrassed! Okay, so the disk has no auto run so I have to open the disk and explore to find the movie file then I can play that.

But the problem remains that when I make a back up(AnyDVD region set to 2 and my drive set to 1) the back up won't play in the dvd player. I've made .iso images and mounted them, copied only the title (as opposed to the whole disk).

(I hate to think it is going to be something super simple that I'm just overlooking.)

If it'll play in the PC and not the DVD player... it's because the DVD player can't play PAL formatted disks is my guess.

If it'll play in the PC and not the DVD player... it's because the DVD player can't play PAL formatted disks is my guess.
Is there no way to convert PAL? If that's the case then I'm SOL?

Back