• AnyStream is having some DRM issues currently, Netflix is not available in HD for the time being.
    Situations like this will always happen with AnyStream: streaming providers are continuously improving their countermeasures while we try to catch up, it's an ongoing cat-and-mouse game. Please be patient and don't flood our support or forum with requests, we are working on it 24/7 to get it resolved. Thank you.

Resolved Regarding AS Subtitles

Status
Not open for further replies.

Trasshmon

I'm a long time user of Redfox products and since I subscribe to almost all of the streamers, I decided to give AnyStream a trial run. I'm able to download movies and TV but haven't discovered how to bring subtitles along with the video and audio. Descriptive language works, but I want to bring text subtitles to my copies. I see other posts about this and am wondering if it is possible to bring an embedded subtitle file as opposed to an external subtitle file. Not sure how I would event use an external (.srt?).
TIA
Tim

As for using an external file, you just select it in your player. It is better to have them external for easy opening or editing, but if your player doesn't support .srt or if there is no option to select a subtitle track, then you need to rely on the player detecting the embedded track.

If you ever have any issue with that, you can use a program to burn them into the video.

In each download dialog you can select subtitles if they are provided ...
and you can change the location in the AnyStream Settings:
View attachment 76833
Ah. You're showing me an AnyStream Plus dialog box, I think. I'm using the free trial and my Download dialog doesn't have that option. Pretty sure I'm going to subscribe to ASplus, just checking video quality, but didn't realize the trial did'nt have the option.

Ah. You're showing me an AnyStream Plus dialog box, I think. I'm using the free trial and my Download dialog doesn't have that option. Pretty sure I'm going to subscribe to ASplus, just checking video quality, but didn't realize the trial did'nt have the option.
That has nothing to do with your license. The only differnence are the providers you have access to and the queue. If you can't see certain subs, then the provider doesn't have them or hasn't shown them to you in that moment.

Ah, I see. Amazon Prime is the provider in question and the 6 or 7 titles I've tried never show that dialog box. The attached is all I ever have seen.

Attachments

• ASdl.jpg
    ASdl.jpg
    84.9 KB · Views: 18
The attached is all I ever have seen.
Scroll down. Only the checked are at the top. It is possible that there are more EN subs, but they are not pre-checked and got sorted alphabetically and therefore out of screen.

Did you scroll down?
Unchecked subtitles are in alphabetical order.
If there is no regular English, then it's not provided with the video.

Edit: Arrr, too late by some seconds 😁

Yes, I scrolled down, video section shows resolution. Audio section shows about 15 different languages and Subtitle section shows many different languages, of which I've selected English (CC).

And that's all. There is nothing more to scroll down to. What I captured in the screenshot is all that I have. At the top, I don't have General, Providers or Download Que. Is there another place where these settings are pre-entered? A settings window?

FILE at top left corner, pull down to Settings and that's where you're probably trying to get for providers etc etc

Bingo! Sorry for all the confusion, I'm challenged in so many ways...LOL!

Sorry, but back to the subject of subtitles. I like the quality of the videos very much, but I still have questions regarding subtitles. Seems from other posts on the forum that there are still significant issues with bringing down subtitles, i.e. Max, Apple+ and others. Are these issues being worked by the development team or are they unresolvable via streaming? I'll still probably subscribe to AS+, but I'd like to know if subtitles are even available. Any Provider and Movie title that has known downloadable subtitles that you can suggest?

How about uploading a logfile to a movie that you are having subtitle issues with? All this posting does no good if I cant see whats going on in a log file.

Help Us Help you. Please make an AnyStream log file with every error report posted.

1. Look at the GUI of AnyStream.
2. In the upper left-hand corner you will see FILE
3. Press File, and you will see Create log file, create it
4. It is in a .zip format (lastlog) on your desktop or in your documents
5. Upload to the forum with your error report and explanation.

Thank you all for your cooperation.:)

I am only using Prime and Netflix but never had a problem with subtitles – maybe there are problems with other providers: search the forum.
Apart from that: Do what @RedFox 1 suggested.

Are you referring to the astlog files that are created with a download? If so, here's one. If not, I'll try a download again and create a log. I've never seen any error files, but and ast file is always created and I save them.
Thanks for the help, sorry to be a nuisance.

Attachments

• prime-The Burial.astlog
    8.3 MB · Views: 1
Are you referring to the astlog files that are created with a download?
Yes, that are the logs. But in some cases, if the error happend after the download this log has been created, you need to create a new log manually.

Just now created per your instructions. Video is great, but no subtitles. I checked Settings and ensured Embedded subtitles was checked, the download window had English(CC) checked.
Once again, thanks for the help.

Attachments

• Sound of Freedom.astlog
    3.3 MB · Views: 4
Suggestion: install the tool "MediaInfo" and check the downloaded files with it.
If you see that your downloaded files contain subtitles, then your video player does not display subtitles per default.

I can do that, but that implies that the three different players that I've used don't support subtitles. Which they do. Do you have a suggestion as to what player is known to be compatible?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back