• AnyStream is having some DRM issues currently, Netflix is not available in HD for the time being.
    Situations like this will always happen with AnyStream: streaming providers are continuously improving their countermeasures while we try to catch up, it's an ongoing cat-and-mouse game. Please be patient and don't flood our support or forum with requests, we are working on it 24/7 to get it resolved. Thank you.

RedFox & AnyDVD HD

vze2mp9g

Since Slysoft had a name change, does anyone know if AnyDVD HD will look different except The RedFox with a mask over it's eyes? I wouldn't mind seeing a new re engineered version of AnyDVD HD so hackers won't have it so easy to crack!
Any thoughts? Keep negative thoughts to yourself. I've been seeing to many negativity in RedFox forums. It's bad enough to see it constantly in the media, so I use the forums, not just RedFox, to stay away from the negativity.
Thank you. :)

Actually, I think the fox looks pretty sly with the mask. Should have renamed it to SlyFox. Keep the mask. It's a winner

Note that it is NOT just a name change. It is a NEW company made up of many of the employees of Slysoft (who were owed a lot of money by the owner of Slysoft who closed it down and kept whatever money was left in the old company and left for parts unknown).

Note that it is NOT just a name change. It is a NEW company made up of many of the employees of Slysoft (who were owed a lot of money by the owner of Slysoft who closed it down and kept whatever money was left in the old company and left for parts unknown).
Its not a company at all. It a Closed source project.

I've tried searching all over and still haven't quite seen anything to deal with my questions/concerns. So I purchased a anydvd ltl 1-25-15 to digitize my library of over 600 dvd/hd-dvds/blu rays and am still in the slow process of digitizing most of the dvd's and have made no progress on digitizing the hd dvds. I am on an impasse on the hd dvds because of a "codec" issue I assume. I have win 7 ultimate and can't seem to get content that will allow me to do something with the HD DVD. Hopefully someone here can help. That is the 1st problem/concern/question. The second is the dvds because I have so many of them it has taken time to do this in an organized fashion and I have had little help from the MRS when she reorganizes things that some would call set backs. I get that my lifetime license was with a company that no longer exists but it still was 125 USD, I spent to get the best product. Will the old product still work to get dvd's converted? If not is there a way I can download the current opd locally and hack the 7.6.9.1 product to use it locally instead of spending another $$$ USD. Because when it comes down to it while I purchased a ltl with someone/a team that no longer exists, how is that to say purchasing another with the new team will be any different and in 2 years my new LTL is no longer valid. I did the math and it makes no sense to purchase anything but the LTL, if you are going to purchase at all.
And if I missed my two concerns listed somewhere, please forgive me and just link where I missed it. I am not trolling anyone let alone the new team nor Slysoft. The product has and is still an outstanding product and the team was and is awesome. It is the industry that is at fault that wants to impede honest owners of content to backup their property. They want us to have to purchase it over and over

Also if the old software will work for my existing dvd's and hd dvds is there a way to turn off the update notification. I still haven't found any help on getting my hd dvds into a digital format. The xbox 360 dvd still works with my existing setup of win7/65bit but I am missing the software that actually knows what to do with media. Anydvd sees it will rip it but actually being able to play it, Nada.

AnyDVD HD will rip HD-DVD's, the update notification has no control over that. All that does is tell you there's a new anydvd update. No more, no less. There is third party software that can convert Hd-DVD into basic blu-ray or even create mobile files (avi, mp4,...) from them. RedFox however does not have such a product. AnyDVD is also not a player, its a decrypter / ripper. HD-DVD is a dead format, it lost the "format war" to blu-ray. I think the last software based player that could support it was PDVD 12, hardware players no clue.

Your best option would be to create a portable file, or convert it to basic blu-ray. Google can tell you how to do both.

Cyberlink PowerDVD 7.3 was the final version to support HD-DVD. Cyberlink dropped support as quickly as possible after the format war ended. Arcsoft TMT - 5.x and even into 6.x if I recall right - was the last licensed software player to support HD-DVD playback even though with the death of HD-DVD the support became unofficial.

I wasn't asking whether the update notification had anything to do with hd dvd converting. I was asking if it could be disabled if I don't have to buy the new version to finish ripping my dvd libary and if there was a way to download the opd locally and hack it to be used instead of connecting online. I get that hd dvd died but so did betamax and people can still watch it. I am just trying once again to find the necessary sw to attempt to get the harry potters and bladerunner hd dvd collection in a format I can watch without my x360 I have looked for tmt and pdvd and come up empty each time. I'll check ebay gain

There's currently no way to download the opd, however that is something on the to do list. When you insert a hd-dvd a local decryption file will be created, which will be used each subsequent time you reinsert the corresponding disc.

TotalMedia Theatre 6 was the last thing from Arcsoft (and anywhere else for that matter) that played HD-DVD's well. I still have a good few and am slowly replacing them with Blu's when I see them cheap.

Unfortunately Arcsoft killed off the TotalMedia program so it's not possible to buy it any more. A good player like PotPlayer or VLC (I'd imagine) will play the .evo files just fine even if it doesn't support the playlists. It's been a while since I tried. The only thing is the film might be spread across more then one file and their not necessarily in order.

It's quite hard to find much information on ripping HD-DVD to any useful format as most of the info around came about when the format was still in development and was thought to have a future. Since then it is rarely discussed these days and there's no software developers working on ways for us to easily archive these discs that I know of.

I was coming to the conclusion that the software/discussion was like a decade too late since most of the posts/articles that I have found were dated 2k7-2k8. I unfortunately didn't find out about anydvd until 2k15 and at the time i was working on trying to get the bulk of the library some 600+ dvds digitized and figured I'd figure out the 20 or so hd-dvds as I went along. Really appreciate all your help m'friends.

ClownBD used in conjunction with AnyDVD HD can be used to convert HD-DVD to .TS, .M2TS, or Blu-ray structure. Now, that being said, there's the issue of Dolby Digital Plus which is not part of the Blu-ray specs AFAIK. Some Blu-ray players have no issue with playback of the output. Some do. Regardless, people will need to do some homework and experimentation.

Thanks for the ClownBD hint. I'd seen it around but didn't know it handled HD-DVD. Giving it a try with The Eagles Farewell Tour which is a great concert but horribly expensive on Blu.

AnyDVD HD will rip HD-DVD's, the update notification has no control over that. All that does is tell you there's a new anydvd update. No more, no less. There is third party software that can convert Hd-DVD into basic blu-ray or even create mobile files (avi, mp4,...) from them. RedFox however does not have such a product. AnyDVD is also not a player, its a decrypter / ripper. HD-DVD is a dead format, it lost the "format war" to blu-ray. I think the last software based player that could support it was PDVD 12, hardware players no clue.

Your best option would be to create a portable file, or convert it to basic blu-ray. Google can tell you how to do both.

Regarding the format wars: I don't think that The BD Format is the winner in the format battle. The DVD's are cheaper than the BD's. But the most common solution in storaging films is a nas server. They're storaging their film in the *.mkv format on the nas server and stream the films on smart TV's in the whole household. Disk's are out.

The streaming rate should be high, because the high resolution films need a big transfer rate.

Back