• AnyStream is having some DRM issues currently, Netflix is not available in HD for the time being.
    Situations like this will always happen with AnyStream: streaming providers are continuously improving their countermeasures while we try to catch up, it's an ongoing cat-and-mouse game. Please be patient and don't flood our support or forum with requests, we are working on it 24/7 to get it resolved. Thank you.

Reclock, HD6570 and HD Audio via HDMI

How do I tell if I have synced clock generators?
On a PC you will only have this with HDMI audio or special broadcast equipment. I only had ATI Radeon so I can't tell for sure on NVIDIA or Intel HDMI implementations. Early NVIDIA solution let you pass the SPFIF from a sound card into the HDMI-Signal. This has the same problems as normal Videoplayback on PCs.
So let Reclock manipulate the PCM or simply send PCM over HDMI and let HDMI sync the A/V?
Reclock does it

Note that a variation of 0.1% already gives you a lot of dropped/repeated Audio frames with bitstreaming.
So if just .1% variation causes this, I would have to switch to PCM and use Reclock if the material was 29.970 and display was 30 Hz?

On a PC you will only have this with HDMI audio or special broadcast equipment. I only had ATI Radeon so I can't tell for sure on NVIDIA or Intel HDMI implementations. Early NVIDIA solution let you pass the SPFIF from a sound card into the HDMI-Signal. This has the same problems as normal Videoplayback on PCs.
I've got a Radeon 6570 but in my main PC but that's not a HTPC (no HD TV near by). Been using my laptop with DP to HDMI cable, Nvidia Quadro and LAV audio (to bistream DD/DTS/HD audio) in my testing.

So if just .1% variation causes this, I would have to switch to PCM and use Reclock if the material was 29.970 and display was 30 Hz?
An AC3 frame is 32 ms long. With about 225000 frames for a two hour movie just .1% variation will get you over 200 dropped or repeated AC3-frames which gives a good chance noticing some of them
I've got a Radeon 6570 but in my main PC but that's not a HTPC (no HD TV near by). Been using my laptop with DP to HDMI cable, Nvidia Quadro and LAV audio (to bistream DD/DTS/HD audio) in my testing.
I would like to see some test on other hardware. I have not found a single review about this.
Nearly all review probably just attach it to their monitor test and check if hardware accalerated decoding works. Only some are aware of matching refreshrates and those only check if they can set it in the drivers.

Hi all,

I'm running Windows 7,with PowerDVD 11, an ATI HD6570 (HDMI from my PC to my receiver) and Reclock (latest version.) If I run without reclock I get HD audio but with the odd minor stutter. But if I run Reclock in the mix,the only audio I can get is Prologic (stereo). Are there any settings in PowerDVD or Reclock that I'm missing that will allow me to get HD audio using reclock as I can get when not using it. BTW, I set PowerDVD audio to "Non decoded Dolby Digital/DTS audio to external deviced" in PowerDVD to get HD audio without Reclock, but this does not work to give HD audio when Reclock is running

Thanks in advance

Hi. Same problem here. Maybe you can help. I have a Nvidia Geforce GTX 780 connected to a AVR Denon X1000 to a TV Sony KDL-W805A and I would like to know if PowerDVD 11 with Reclock can bitstream HD audio, such as DTS-MA and Dolby TrueHD. If I can, how to configure Reclock? You made it? Thank you! (And sorry for my bad english)

Back