• AnyStream is having some DRM issues currently, Netflix is not available in HD for the time being.
    Situations like this will always happen with AnyStream: streaming providers are continuously improving their countermeasures while we try to catch up, it's an ongoing cat-and-mouse game. Please be patient and don't flood our support or forum with requests, we are working on it 24/7 to get it resolved. Thank you.

ReClock 1.8.7.3

OK, thanks for the replies!

SoX is nice for one hour, then it gets odd...mostly because it bloats the bass, just like it's been said on head-fi: http://www.head-fi.org/forum/thread/467853/foobar-sox-resampler

upsampling never comes for free, eh.

I actually like ReClock's "pimped" multi-threaded resampler very much, I will not change it. However, the resampler is a separate dll and the source is available, so you can exchange it (or pimp it even more) if you like.

I actually like ReClock's "pimped" multi-threaded resampler very much, I will not change it. However, the resampler is a separate dll and the source is available, so you can exchange it (or pimp it even more) if you like.
I've kept upgrading my audio gear over the months, and I do agree that your resampler sounds more transparent that the previous one(both in highest quality modes)...and indeed yours is multi-threaded, so that's one less thing to worry about :agree:

I like how upsampling sounds on movies, but not really on music...there are improvements and drawbacks, it does improve movies dialogs clarity but it can easily ruin the sound of a 12 strings guitar or a contrabass for instance, due to aliasing/pre-echo/THD and so.

leeperry, with these reclock versions do you ever get reclock detecting your video refresh as 24.000 Hz when its 23.96 / 23.97? I can't get around this niggle and it causes reclock to make stutter when its allowed control media adaptation. MadVR shows correct hz always but sometimes reclock will detect video refresh incorrectly....

Anyone know of a workaround? If I can get around it, I can allow reclock media adaptation again, as atm I have it locked to original speed....

Reclock just decided that my monitor was 96.000 instead of the actual 95.904, for no known reason.

It caused a periodic studder.

Resetting the Video Timings and allowing it to re-detect the refresh rate fixes it.

It's a bit strange that it did that. Nothing changed on the system.

Reclock just decided that my monitor was 96.000 instead of the actual 95.904, for no known reason.

It caused a periodic studder.

Resetting the Video Timings and allowing it to re-detect the refresh rate fixes it.

It's a bit strange that it did that. Nothing changed on the system.
you should keep an eye on it as sometimes I get monitor refresh detected correclty, other times its completely wrong, like 50.00hz when I'm using 23.976 hz. Definitely some work needed but looks like its not something thats ever going to be looked at :(

Hi,

sorry if this is a stupid question, but I have MPC-HC running on Windows7 with madvr as renderer. In default state, ReClock does not load. If I add it to external filters with prefer merit, it loads twice.

Why is this happening?

Thanks.

No idea why it is loading twice, but you should not need to add it as an external filter.

Remove it from external filters and select it as your "Audio renderer" on the Ouput page of the Options. What happens then?

Note: Reclock is a 32-bit filter. It will only work with the 32-bit version of mpc-hc. You can still run that version on 64-bit Windows though, if that is a concern.

Oh now I feel so dumb! Of course I dont need to add it, I just didn't select it as audio output! I forgot that it was audio renderer and thought it would just auto load in chain..

One issue down, gazillion to go.. now to the nasty vsync stuff..

Well I hope that's it. In fact you should not have to tell mpc-hc to use Reclock as the audio renderer. If you leave this as "system default" you should see a Reclock pop-up the first time you use it with mpc-hc, where you can choose if it forces itself to load, or not. Unless you told it not to, at some point, Reclock should still load.

Let's see what happens now, anyway.

works fine now, thanks.

Now I'm trying to get rid of the stutter.

Playing 23.976 on 60hz is a bad idea, right?

If I switch my TV to 24Hz refresh, the red line on EVR Sync seems almost completely flat, the green one fluctuates a bit, but to the eye the flyby over trees doesnt look all that fluid.

I'd prefer using madvr as renderer, but that doesnt have any graphing tool, and doesnt seem very smooth either, although from what I understand it tries to do some kind of vsync fixes too.

In general: tearing is when vsync happens between two presentations, and stuttering is when..?

23.976 @60Hz is what is still used on US TV and DVDs. It is not smooth but it should have a regular cadence to it.

Even 23.976fps @23.976Hz or 24fps @24Hz is not smooth though - the frame rate is just to slow for that. It is just the nature of film. You may be just sensitive to this, it is hard to say withotu being there. The question is whether the pan is completely regular or whether you can detect jumps in long pans, where it is relatively smooth (given the frame rate limitations) for a while and then jumps, then smooth, then jumps..... Or whether you get a period of relatively smooth pans, but then bursts of jumpy pans. The later two can be fixed by Reclock, optionally together with MadVR for the vsync bit. if the problem is just the frame rate there is not much to be done. It is possible to interpolate extra frames either on the PC or on most new TVs, but generally the result, for movies at least, is considered worse than the original.

Just some quick experiments:

first of all, EVR Sync seems to incorrectly detect display rate. My TV has two - 24hz, and 23.976hz. It detects latter as 23hz and seems to do the calculations based on 23 (at least in statistics window anyway).

Second, the stutter I mention is not the typical "low refresh stutter", that I know. It's more just like a frame drop every second or so. That seems to be reduced greatly when increasing Target Sync Offset to 18ms or so (16ms is terrible). This is 23.976@23.976..

the problem is, is that I would just love to use madvr, but a) i dont know what kind of vsync stuff it does b) i dont have a nice graph to verify it c) it seems to stutter sometimes..

I think I figured my stutter - with madvr, it's frame taking too much time to render fully (up to 45ms if i go mad with resizers), with evr sync it's presentation being too close to vsync.

I can back down a bit on madvr resizers.. they do seem to produce much much better picture when upsized from sd to hd tv..

First, if you are using Reclock's vsync correction you must turn off all EVR Sync vsync correction options or you will get problems.

You probably will need to experiment to find the right time to present each frame relative to vsync, but it could be that Reclock and EVR Sync are fighting with each other to control vsync.

"23" sounds like the Windows/CCC reported refresh rate for 23.976Hz. If EVR Sync does calculate stats based on this I beleive that will only be a stats error. It should not cause any other probs, or affect EVR Syncs count of sync errors.

I don't use MadVR enough to say if its vsync control is totally dependable. Some who I trust seem to beleive Madshi has cracked it now, but you can only believe your own eyes. You must not use Reclock vsync correction together with MadVR. if using MadVR make sure to turn off Reclock vsync control.

Hello!

I installed ReClock 1.8.7.3 on Vista 64 bit. I tested audio hi-res blu-ray in PowerDVD 10. I connected level meters on out of ReClock. When channels 7.1 were playing in PW Dvd 10, level meters showed only 6 channels of 8. When I recorded them, all channels had the same sonogram. It seems that ReClock mixed all channels.

When channels 5.1 were playing in PW Dvd 10, level meters showed normally 6 channels of 6. Each channel had own sonogram. When I played these 5.1 and 7.1 channels on ArcSoft TMT 5, that was not any problem . Why is so dependence from soft player?

Thanks.

@Jong
1) Is it safe to use Evr CP instead of Evr sync?

I've updated mpc-hc and reclock (to 1.8.7.3) and i experienced OS crashes which did not occur when i changed to evr cp...(although i still have to check if this is caused be evr sync..)

the "problem" is that green line in mpc graph when i use evr cp,is way to close to the red one...moving reclocks vsync up/down while playing a video doesn't move the green line....

my video is 30fps(interpolated from 23.976) at @60hz screen with mpc-hc in D3d fullscreen mode with aero on...

2) Also,reclock detects my ref.rate at @59.991hz...shouldn't it be @60hz..

Thanks!!

I don't think there is a problem with EVR CP. I prefer EVR Sync because of its better stats. I have all vsync options off in MPC-HC, I use Reclock for vsync. Both EVR CP and EVR Sync have their own issues with vsync - sometimes they don't catch it. Never have EVR Sync crash on me though.

The EVR CP green line measures something completly different to EVR Sync. Never been totally sure what. There's been talk of it measuring any desync betwen audio and video, but I don't know if that is true. You are right it does not move when you move Reclock's vsync.

Yes, looks like your timing is a little off, just be grateful you have Reclock to resample the audio and keep all smooth and in sync!

Thanks @Jong!
I'll install latest mpc-hc and reinstall reclock to see if crash with evr sync still exists...
So,with evr cp,is it normal for the red and green lines to be so close each other?

Back