• AnyStream is having some DRM issues currently, Netflix is not available in HD for the time being.
    Situations like this will always happen with AnyStream: streaming providers are continuously improving their countermeasures while we try to catch up, it's an ongoing cat-and-mouse game. Please be patient and don't flood our support or forum with requests, we are working on it 24/7 to get it resolved. Thank you.

ReClock 1.8.7.3

James

Redfox Development Team
Staff member
Watching PAL DVDs? Here's why you need ReClock: http://sandbox.slysoft.com/palspeedup/index.html

Download ReClock here: http://sandbox.slysoft.com/beta/SetupReClock1873.exe

Note:
* ReClock must be installed *after* PowerDVD or Arcsoft TMT 3/TMT 5
* Whenever PowerDVD or Arcsoft TMT 3/ TMT 5 is updated or reinstalled, ReClock must be reinstalled
* ReClock replaces the ASAudioRenderer.dll in the TMT 3/ TMT 5 Codec directory. A backup ASAudioRenderer_bak.dll will be created. Do not delete this file, it is required!

1.8.7.3 - 02/12/2010
* New: Improved frame rate detection accuracy of the built-in estimator
* Some fixes and improvements

Source code for GPL'ed code is available here:
http://oss.slysoft.com/ReClock/

thanks James, I will try those pesky 60fps files again and report back emanu.gif

BTW, is there a good reason to disable the DS helper and only keep the built-in estimator? I don't remember why I did this :eek:

EDIT: they still fail for me on XPSP3:
Frame rate is unknown (estimated at 59.925/59.970 fps). Media played at original speed

Frame rate is unknown (estimated at 59.970/60.015 fps). Media played at original speed

Last edited:
AC3 encoding not working?

Hello,

I really like ReClock and I have been using it for a few months, now.
Yesterday I installed the new version 1.8.7.3 in order to update my previous installed version 1.8.7.1.

Unfortunately I discovered that AC3 encoding does not work anymore. :(
With version 1.8.7.1 my AV receiver detected an AC3 stream with 640kbps, now the signal can't be recognized and I get no audio output. PCM stereo output with ReClock does still work, but everytime I check the AC3 encoding option I get no sound via SPDIF.

Does anyone else experience the same problem with this version?

Best regards,
-Manuel-

Last edited:
Hello,

I really like ReClock and I have been using it for a few months, now.
Yesterday I installed the new version 1.8.7.3 in order to update my previous installed version 1.8.7.1.

Unfortunately I discovered that AC3 encoding does not work anymore. :(
With version 1.8.7.1 my AV receiver detected an AC3 stream with 640kbps, now the signal can't be recognized and I get no audio output. PCM stereo output with ReClock does still work, but everytime I check the AC3 encoding option I get no sound via SPDIF.

Does anyone else experience the same problem with this version?

Best regards,
-Manuel-

AC3 encoding still works for me. What player software are you using?

Wo0zy

What player software are you using?

I'm using Power DVD 10 Ultra Mark II (latest build 2325).
PCM output from ReClock still works. Only AC3 is broken... :confused:

Today I uninstalled ReClock, re-installed PowerDVD, re-installed ReClock (this time the older version which worked before). The problem persists. So, it's not this version only, but AC3 encoding from ReClock in general.
AC3 in Windows Media Center still works fine on the same PC.

Got me a problem with TrueHD audio from a HD-DVD MKV AND using Timestretching at the same time!

Every few seconds the audio drops out! :(

Only happens if I use Timestretching to 25FPS.

MPC-HC (TrueHD -> FFDShow (32Bit PCM 5.1) -> Relock)

Here is a log.

Doesn't happen to my E-AC3 HD-DVD Rips :)

EDIT: I just tried MPC-HC's built in AC3 decoder thing and the same problem is occuring. I figure you missed this bug because no one else is stupid enough to use time stretching on a TrueHD track like me :p

EDIT 2: Re-produced this issue with a BD disc played in MPC-HC, The Dark Knight using it's True-HD track, doesn't do it if I select the normal AC3 track of course.

Please fix :)

Attachments

• reclock_log.rar
    16.1 KB · Views: 5
Last edited:
Hello guys! I got this:
Notebook => via USB => DAC/AMP => Headphone
DAC/AMP is Dr.Dac2 DX

So I needed to mix a multichannel audio from MKVs to a stereo PCM signal and send it to DAC.

I eventually got it working and DAC shows a sample rate of input signal rightly, not depending on Win7 default audio settings.

And I got an “Audio: WASAPI excl.” written at ReClock properties. BUT no “(bit exact)” here.
Does it show that something isn’t right?
I got MPC-HC 1.4.2499.0 + ffdshow rev 3703 + ReClock 1.8.7.3
Here is some shots of my setup:

Blank at WASAPI Exclusive is just a bug with the name of Device. And it is only it Reclock, in system device is called "DR.DAC2 DX", so is in MPC-HM and foobar2k but in ReClock it is blank. But signal is sent rightly.

And actually I've tried all possible sane and insane combinations of setup in all programs but "bit exact" never appear.
Doesn't depend on file either: tried 16bit sources (has to reset ffdshow to 16 bit output), native PCM (WAV) files, DTS or AC3 mkv. Everything is mixed and encoded to stereo PCM well but no "bit exact" whatsoever.

Last edited:
Just found a bug:

I installed reclock without support for TMT and PDVD. You can deselect this by installation.
But when you uninstall reclock then you end up in an endless loop. It first tries to deinstall a file for TMT or PDVD which is not there. It is not possible to abort this uninstall normally. I keeps repeating uninstall file for TMT or PDVD.

I solved this abort the uninstall program with the taskmanager. Then install reclock again (which was still there) but only the TMT and PDVD items selected.
Then uninstall works.

I did this on Windows 7 32 bit if relevant.

Hi

I would like to use the ChannelMaskOverride_6 debug registry value. Do I have to add the value to HKEY_CURRENT_USER\Software\ReClock\Config
?
Do I have to make a DWORD (32-bit) Value or a String Value?

I'm on W7x64 with reclock 1.8.7.3.

Thanks.

Hi

I would like to use the ChannelMaskOverride_6 debug registry value. Do I have to add the value to HKEY_CURRENT_USER\Software\ReClock\Config
?
Do I have to make a DWORD (32-bit) Value or a String Value?

I'm on W7x64 with reclock 1.8.7.3.

Thanks.
Yes & DWORD (see changelog for hex values).

Yes & DWORD (see changelog for hex values).

Hm, ok. I don't know if I understand everything correctly.

In my 7.1 setup with MPC, reclock set to WASAPI, 7.1 (0x63f) files are played correctly. But with 5.1 files (0x60f) the surround channels come through the back instead of the side.
If I used direct sound, kmixer would change the signal from 0x60f to 0x3f and thus surround would come through side. But in WASAPI, kmixer is not use.

So I thought I would have to set ChannelMaskOverride to 0x3f to get what I need. But nothing changes. The surrounds always come through the back, no matter if I set ChannelMaskOverride to 0x3f or 0x60f?

Hm, ok. I don't know if I understand everything correctly.

In my 7.1 setup with MPC, reclock set to WASAPI, 7.1 (0x63f) files are played correctly. But with 5.1 files (0x60f) the surround channels come through the back instead of the side.
If I used direct sound, kmixer would change the signal from 0x60f to 0x3f and thus surround would come through side. But in WASAPI, kmixer is not use.

So I thought I would have to set ChannelMaskOverride to 0x3f to get what I need. But nothing changes. The surrounds always come through the back, no matter if I set ChannelMaskOverride to 0x3f or 0x60f?

0x60f should be the side speakers, see the definitions in the changelog:

Code:
  SPEAKER_FRONT_LEFT              0x1 
  SPEAKER_FRONT_RIGHT             0x2
  SPEAKER_FRONT_CENTER            0x4
  SPEAKER_LOW_FREQUENCY           0x8

SPEAKER_SIDE_LEFT               0x200
  SPEAKER_SIDE_RIGHT              0x400

0x01 | 0x02 | 0x04 | 0x08 | 0x200 | 0x400 = 0x60F

EDIT:
And the value to add should be named ChannelMaskOverride_6

0x60f should be the side speakers
[xxx]
And the value to add should be named ChannelMaskOverride_6

Ok, I think my registry value is now correct, the log says:
Code:
Getting reg key ChannelMaskOverride_6 = 1551
(0x0000060f = 1551 in dec)

But still the channels are unchanged.
I don't know what I'm doing wrong.

But wait, the input reclock receives is already 0x60f:
Code:
0.03s 001398         MediaType accepted
    0.03s 001398         SetMediaType()
    0.03s 001398         Input format:
    0.03s 001398         Format: FormatTag=0xfffe nBlockAlign=12 nSamplesPerSec=48000 wBitsPerSample=16 nChannels=6 cbSize=22
    0.03s 001398         nAvgBytesPerSec=576000, [COLOR="Red"]ChannelMask=0x60f[/COLOR], ValidBitsPerSample=16

Apparently, 0x60f always gets mapped incorrectly, because there is no kmixer converting it to 0x3f.
But, as I wrote, I also tried to use 0x3f instead and the situation stays the same.

James,

Can you add a debug value that swaps side and back channels *for 8 channel (0x63f) only*?

I think this is the only way to get correct channel mapping for my soundcard (RME HDSP 9632).
The only explanation I have is the driver will always use the back channels with a 6 channel input signal, irrespective of the channel mask. The new switch would allow RME (and possibly other brands) users to finally get consistent mapping of 6- and 8-channel signals in WASAPI.

James,

Can you add a debug value that swaps side and back channels *for 8 channel (0x63f) only*?

I think this is the only way to get correct channel mapping for my soundcard (RME HDSP 9632).
The only explanation I have is the driver will always use the back channels with a 6 channel input signal, irrespective of the channel mask. The new switch would allow RME (and possibly other brands) users to finally get consistent mapping of 6- and 8-channel signals in WASAPI.

The Asus Xonar has this problem too.

When I send the drivers an 8 channel signal, but with 2 channels silent (so 5.1 soundtrack, with mixer in ffdshow set to 7.1), it sends the surrounds to the rear speakers, instead of the side.

If I send 5.1 direct to the drivers it upmixings to 7.1 some unknown way.

The short version is I think a switch like this would be useful to me too.

BTW, James, dumb question please :eek:

the previous resampler only worked in 32fp, is that still the case for the new one? coz there's many choices for DSP(VST plugins, etc) bit depth in ffdshow now :agree:

Hi James, you never answer my posts these days(been a naughty boy I guess :D), but I was comparing resamplers again(and again) and the best I've heard so far is SoX: http://sox.sourceforge.net/

It really provides an amazing SQ when going 44.1>96kHz in the highest quality setting(forcing linear phase, disallowing aliasing, w/ 95% passband).

I guess getting it to work in Reclock would be complicated? :bowdown:

I might ask some friends for help, any pointers please?

BTW, James, dumb question please :eek:

the previous resampler only worked in 32fp, is that still the case for the new one? coz there's many choices for DSP(VST plugins, etc) bit depth in ffdshow now :agree:

32bit fp, yes.

Hi James, you never answer my posts these days(been a naughty boy I guess :D), but I was comparing resamplers again(and again) and the best I've heard so far is SoX: http://sox.sourceforge.net/

It really provides an amazing SQ when going 44.1>96kHz in the highest quality setting(forcing linear phase, disallowing aliasing, w/ 95% passband).

I guess getting it to work in Reclock would be complicated? :bowdown:

I might ask some friends for help, any pointers please?

ReClock requires a resampler which is able to dynamically change the sampling rate. IIRC SOX doesn't.

James,

How about my little feature request, can you do it?
I will be grateful for ever...:bowdown:

Cheers
deathlord

Back