• AnyStream is having some DRM issues currently, Netflix is not available in HD for the time being.
    Situations like this will always happen with AnyStream: streaming providers are continuously improving their countermeasures while we try to catch up, it's an ongoing cat-and-mouse game. Please be patient and don't flood our support or forum with requests, we are working on it 24/7 to get it resolved. Thank you.

ReClock 1.8.6.9

Dropping to medium sinc or using the new resampler (which sounds awful) works fine.

Awful. You hurt my feelings. :(

Awful. You hurt my feelings. :(
Sorry, not awful at all. Just not as good sounding as the old one imo. Much better than before we had resampling at all, and it doesn't use ridiculous amounts of CPU! :bowdown:

100% volume plays smoothly but then I need to use the old analog attenuator which is worse. Maybe I just need a better CPU.

Last edited:
To ensure 100% volume I prefer a "ignore player volume setting" checkbox in the config program.
I think that would only be necessary if when you get the position of the volume button you are getting also the value of the main volume control, and not only the value from the player volume button.
I've tested it and with my FF400 none of the system volume sliders change the volume, only the player slider changes it. So, I guess I'm fine with the current mode. :)

I was trying upsampling again(w/ libsamplerate in the highest quality)...my best test so far is when O-ren Ishii says "just like this ****** here" at 1:04:15 on the lossless track of Kill Bill 1. It's very sibilant to begin w/, so a sloppy resampling makes it even worse :eek:

my results in 23.976fps@96Hz:
44.1: the most sibilant by far
48: still quite sibilant
88.2: very clear, not mushy anymore
96: too many resampling artifacts making the sound too bright

Last edited:
Awful. You hurt my feelings.
Steve Nugent is quite an expert in jitter and so: http://www.head-fi.org/forum/thread/118127/better-foobar-resampler/15#post_2164938
I feel that SRC is by far the best resampler on the market.

his low jitter transports have been tested in several magazines(Stereophile has the "Audio Precision" gear to measure jitter): http://www.empiricalaudio.com/

damn shame SRC's coder being so picky about GPL, because it truly sounds out of this world in 88.2/highest quality in Reclock. Together w/ your dead accurate volume attenuation, it's truly impressive :bowdown:

hi James, everything works fine in PotPlayer...except that I've got quite a lot of WMV files that give garbage audio constantly stuttering :(

I use the exact same config in KMP(that is a MPC hack) and PotPlayer, I add two logs to this post if you don't mind looking at them please.

Apparently that's the problem in PotPlayer??
Code:
    0.00s 000c4c         FormatTag=0x161 nBlockAlign=5945 nSamplesPerSec=44100 wBitsPerSample=16 nChannels=2 cbSize=10
    0.00s 000c4c [B]WARNING FormatTag not accepted[/B]

any chance for a dirty fix? getting a hold of the PotPlayer coders might be tedious :/

AC3/DTS work fine in PotPlayer.

this FormatTag looks pretty legit actually?!?! http://www.google.com/search?hl=en&source=hp&q=FormatTag=0x161&aq=f&aqi=m1&aql=&oq=&gs_rfai=
WMA9: Format tag: 0x161

Last edited:
hi James, everything works fine in PotPlayer...except that I've got quite a lot of WMV files that give garbage audio constantly stuttering :(

I use the exact same config in KMP(that is a MPC hack) and PotPlayer, I add two logs to this post if you don't mind looking at them please.

Apparently that's the problem in PotPlayer??
Code:
    0.00s 000c4c         FormatTag=0x161 nBlockAlign=5945 nSamplesPerSec=44100 wBitsPerSample=16 nChannels=2 cbSize=10
    0.00s 000c4c [B]WARNING FormatTag not accepted[/B]

any chance for a dirty fix? getting a hold of the PotPlayer coders might be tedious :/

No. Are you trying to bitstream WMA?

He wrote that in 2006. ReClock's "pimped" resampler didn't even exist at this time.
I didn't mean it as a competition to the new Reclock resampler, more like to r8brain and so. I'm just trying to say that SRC is well respected, and a good benchmark when comparing resamplers.
No. Are you trying to bitstream WMA?
heh, not really! that's PotP trying all the possible connections I guess...but after a more thorough examination I wasn't using the same ffdshow audio preset for KMP/PotP and one of my VST plugins makes WMA audio hiccup?! it works fine on any other kind of audio...strange world, sorry for the trouble :eek:

Last edited:
BTW, I'm comparing your resampler against libsamplerate again(both in the highest quality, on a 24bit FLAC)...it's hard to compare resamplers! anyway I run much more hifi gear than I used to, and I'm getting bored of libsamplerate's "color" I think :rolleyes:

47952Hz sounds mushy w/ libsamplerate, but 95904Hz sounds quite artifacty....no resampling kills them both: the sound is much less colored. Maybe your resampler is less colored after all, it's like opamps and transports...it's about finding a combination you'll like in the long run(bright can be fun for a little while, and possibly improve the "clarity" of lossy audio).

PS: humm yeah, the new resampler in 96kHz sounds less colored I think :agree:

PPS: the CPU load decrease is quite drastic too...Captain Obvious to the rescue :D

Last edited:
The player tells ReClock, ReClock tells DirectSound.
Argh....coz right now I use a drivers-free USB soundcard: http://www.audiophileproducts.com/bravo

KS isn't supported on XP(ASIO4ALL works fine, though)...so I'm forced to use DirectSound w/ all the sliders at 100%, which is said to be bit-perfect on XP: http://www.hydrogenaudio.org/forums/index.php?showtopic=49350&view=findpost&p=522247
the kernel mixer of vista isn't bitperfect anymore unlike its predecessors from XP and 2000.

I would like to keep that WAVE slider at 100% and use Reclock's built-in attenuation instead...not possible? It seems to work fine :eek:

Last edited:
oops, nevermind I've found some proprietary drivers for another card(that's using the same Tenor TE7022L USB chipset as mine),and they support KS/ASIO on XP: ce50ca85531902.png

SQ was amazing w/ your pimped resampler in 96kHz 100% DS...I'll compare against KS, supposedly they should sound identical from what Dogbert says :eek:

and BTW, very rarely when I seek in KS I get staticy audio...but never in DS?! even if I set Reclock's buffer to 500 ms and it's happened on several different soundcards lately?! I'll try to reproduce and come back w/ logs if you don't mind having a look sniperr.gif

Last edited:
OK, very easy to reproduce actually, same file in DS and KS in PotPlayer...I can seek as much as I want in DS, everything's cool! in KS, once in a while I get very staticy audio :eek:

in that log, it initialized fine in KS, I seeked once, it was still fine, I seeked once more and it was a static feast..I can also reproduce this problem in KMP. Reclock's buffer was set to 500ms in those logs.

Sometimes I get that static before Reclock's resampling turns on, then it works fine...I'll try w/ a much older Reclock build now.

PS: OK I add a second zip file:
reclock_log_KS_PotP.txt : I seeked until I get the static then I closed the player
reclock_log_KS_KMP1.txt : The static happened and fixed itself by magic
reclock_log_KS_KMP2.txt : No static until the resampler turned on, I let the static run for a while then closed the player

I'll try w/ an older Reclock build now :)

PPS: OK I add a third zip file w/ b61:
reclock_log_PotP1.txt: I got static until the resampler kicked in, and then it vanished...that's how it's often worked before in KS for me! even with PCI audio cards.
reclock_log_PotP2.txt: no static until the resampler kicked in, then it's been a static feast until I closed the player
reclock_log_KMP.txt: initialized fine, resampler kicked in, I seeked = static until the end :eek:

It also happens w/ older ffdshow builds, if I input 32fp to Reclock or try to change the built-in volume, or switch DTS decoders. ASIO4ALL works perfectly fine.

Attachments

• reclock.zip
    15.2 KB · Views: 4
  • reclock2.zip
    25 KB · Views: 1
  • reclock3.zip
    18.8 KB · Views: 1
Last edited:
Hello James. First of all, thank you for developing this unique software. I use Reclock to achieve bitperfect rendering of my lossless classical music FLACs through WASAPI in Windows Media Player (WMP) and Windows Media Center 7 (WMC7). In reality WMC7 uses WMP to play music.
WMC7 has no music folder support and poor FLAC tag support so I am forced to use Music Browser (code.google.com/p/music-browser/) software that alows me to play music from folders on my computer in WMC7. The Music Browser works happily with WMP and Reclock for mp3 music and ffdshow decoder.
The problem is that when I play all FLACs in a folder, it plays the first one and then Reclock icon disappears and there is no more sound, WMC7 simply counts the playback time. I use FLAC DS filter from xiph.org, and I also tried all others, like CoreFLAC 0.4, BASS, etc. madFLAC produces no sound with Reclock. Xiph.org is the only one that works reliably.

I have to re-start WMC7 in order to get the sound back.

My hardware: Intel Clarkdale i3-540 with HDMI audio.

Here are the steps to reproduce the problem:
1. install Reclock 1.8.6.9, set PCM output to WASAPI, set Reclock to load always with wmplayer, and not to load with ehshell
2. install Music Browser
3. start WMC7, go to Music Browser, then go to a folder with music FLAC files and ask to "Play all"
4. no sound after the first track has finished playing. WMC7 still pretends to play and time counter goes on. Reclock icon disappears after the first track is done playing

This problem does not occur when playing multiple tracks in WMP, or when using WMC7 poorly designed internal album browser and playing a whole album. Again the problem also does not occur when WMC7 plays mp3's using ffdshow in Music Browser.

Is there any chance we will get an ignore volume option? There have been requests for ignoring player volume, but what I want is an ignore system volume option. I think foobar2000 used to work this way with WASAPI, but it doesn't any more.

I have my TV hooked up as a second monitor and I have to change the system volume when switching between using headphones and the sound system. If reclock would use max volume and ignore the system volume I wouldn't have to change it anymore.

And thanks for the great software!

Just a quick question. For the ATI 4XXX series which HDMI audio driver is recommended. I'm still running (the rather old now) 2.29 Realtech drivers but a few combinations of frequency/channels don't work and I was wondering if there's anything better.

Use the ATI driver with "24-bit padded to 32" output format.

Back