• AnyStream is having some DRM issues currently, Netflix is not available in HD for the time being.
    Situations like this will always happen with AnyStream: streaming providers are continuously improving their countermeasures while we try to catch up, it's an ongoing cat-and-mouse game. Please be patient and don't flood our support or forum with requests, we are working on it 24/7 to get it resolved. Thank you.

ReClock 1.8.6.9

James

Redfox Development Team
Staff member
Watching PAL DVDs?
Here's why you need ReClock: http://www.schmidt-web.info/malte/english.html
(unfortunately the sound examples were removed from the site... :( )

http://sandbox.slysoft.com/beta/SetupReClock1869.exe

Note:
* ReClock must be installed *after* PowerDVD or Arcsoft TMT 3
* Whenever PowerDVD or Arcsoft TMT 3 is updated or reinstalled, ReClock must be reinstalled
* ReClock replaces the ASAudioRenderer.dll in the TMT 3.0 Codec directory. A backup ASAudioRenderer_bak.dll will be created. Do not delete this file, it is required!

1.8.6.9 - 02/06/2010
* New: Improved software volume adjustment
* Some fixes and improvements

1.8.6.8 - 29/05/2010
* New: Software volume adjustment, supports Kernel streaming, Wasapi and Wave out
* Change: Setting volume will be performed in software with WaveOut. DSound volume will still be done using DSound SetVolume() API.
* Note: Adjusting the volume works with players using the DSound volume inteface, e.g. Media Player Classic or Zoom player.
* New: Hitting the ESC key will close the properties window, if it has focus
* New: Clicking the notification icon will close the properties window, if open
* Fix: Setting for hardware resampling wasn't saved / loaded correctly
* Some fixes and improvements

Source code for GPL'ed code is available here:
http://oss.slysoft.com/ReClock/

Can I install a newer version of Reclock and still retain my settings (V-Sync slider), or do I have to do it all over again (adjusting the V-Sync)?

Can I install a newer version of Reclock and still retain my settings (V-Sync slider), or do I have to do it all over again (adjusting the V-Sync)?

Installing a new version won't change any settings.

James if I'm using DirectSound and not WASAPI, and I change the volume of the player, say MPC-HC, which will be in charge of it, ReClock or the player?

James if I'm using DirectSound and not WASAPI, and I change the volume of the player, say MPC-HC, which will be in charge of it, ReClock or the player?

The player tells ReClock, ReClock tells DirectSound.

WASAPI on win7 doesnt seem to ignore the system volume setting any more, not for a while.

If I turn down the system volume to 25%, 100% in MPC = 25% even with the new volume control. Any way to have reclock override it so 100% in MPC = 100% but have it so system noises don't deafen me? Movies are much quieter downmixed for headphone without clipping and need to be set much higher.

Good work tho, sounds much better than the headphone volume slider even if its less convenient.

James,
Thanks for the new version.
I might be suspect, but it seems that the volume changing is a little more smooth...:D

Unfortunately you were too fast releasing the new build, because I wanted to suggest you a small GUI change...
I think it would be nice to put on reclock's properties dialog the volume level attenuation currently being used.

A good place for it would be in the "media infos" group on the right side of the Audio stream description, bellow the frame rate selection drop down box.
The value would vary between -100 dB and 0 db. For example like this:
Volume level: -10.01 dB
or
Volume attenuation: -10.01 dB

The word attenuation would be more correct than using level, but probably level will be more user friendly...
You could also use only dB steps and not using the hundredths, but I would prefer with the hundredths (which in fact would correlate exactly with windows internal resolution), because when showing 0.00 dB I will be sure that the volume slider is in the correct position.

Another option would be putting it in the "sound adaptation" group on the left side of the CPU usage.

I think this should be pretty simple to add, hence me requesting it.;)

WASAPI on win7 doesnt seem to ignore the system volume setting any more, not for a while.

If I turn down the system volume to 25%, 100% in MPC = 25% even with the new volume control. Any way to have reclock override it so 100% in MPC = 100% but have it so system noises don't deafen me? Movies are much quieter downmixed for headphone without clipping and need to be set much higher.

Good work tho, sounds much better than the headphone volume slider even if its less convenient.

Wasapi has always respected the main system volume for me.

On two operating systems and 2 soundcards.

Last edited:
James, how difficult would it be to implement a proper mixer in reclock like the one in ffdshow? I am having problems with the downmixing of multichannel to 2.1 because most programs mess with the lfe channel. so far only ffdshow mixer seems to get it right but i can´t use it on powerdvd. adding this feature would solve all problems that people with speaker configurations other than 2.0 and 5.1 have, and i believe there are many (2.1, 3.1, 3.0, 4.1, 6.1, 6.0, 5.0 all these are not properly treated by pdvd\tmt and 4.0 is only done by pdvd, not tmt). search on the audio card threads like the x-fi and xonar how many people have this problem, it would be a massive breakthrough in htpc

last I knew PowerDVD has always let you choose how to manage the LFE, at least as far as I can remember (ver. 4 and 5 probably, ver. 6 onwards definitely).

James,
Thanks for the new version.
I might be suspect, but it seems that the volume changing is a little more smooth...:D

Unfortunately you were too fast releasing the new build, because I wanted to suggest you a small GUI change...
I think it would be nice to put on reclock's properties dialog the volume level attenuation currently being used.

A good place for it would be in the "media infos" group on the right side of the Audio stream description, bellow the frame rate selection drop down box.
The value would vary between -100 dB and 0 db. For example like this:
Volume level: -10.01 dB
or
Volume attenuation: -10.01 dB

The word attenuation would be more correct than using level, but probably level will be more user friendly...
You could also use only dB steps and not using the hundredths, but I would prefer with the hundredths (which in fact would correlate exactly with windows internal resolution), because when showing 0.00 dB I will be sure that the volume slider is in the correct position.

Another option would be putting it in the "sound adaptation" group on the left side of the CPU usage.
There is no space, if you enable the compressor. And I don't see the point. Players usually have visible volume bar. To ensure 100% volume I prefer a "ignore player volume setting" checkbox in the config program.

James, how difficult would it be to implement a proper mixer in reclock like the one in ffdshow? I am having problems with the downmixing of multichannel to 2.1 because most programs mess with the lfe channel. so far only ffdshow mixer seems to get it right but i can´t use it on powerdvd. adding this feature would solve all problems that people with speaker configurations other than 2.0 and 5.1 have, and i believe there are many (2.1, 3.1, 3.0, 4.1, 6.1, 6.0, 5.0 all these are not properly treated by pdvd\tmt and 4.0 is only done by pdvd, not tmt). search on the audio card threads like the x-fi and xonar how many people have this problem, it would be a massive breakthrough in htpc
It wouldn't be very difficult, but not trivial. Unfortunately I will fade out ReClock development due to lack of time. What I might do is add a simple plugin interface so others can add such things.

Think its CPU use, hovers close to 100% now, probably using more now the volume is done after resampling?

easy to troubleshoot, the new resampler's multithreaded.
Dropping to medium sinc or using the new resampler (which sounds awful) works fine.

Changed some other settings outside of reclock to lower cpu and must have freed up enough to get it playing smooth again. Would be nice if there was a way to lower cpu use again but not sure if possible with the volume control.

Dropping to medium sinc or using the new resampler (which sounds awful) works fine.

Changed some other settings outside of reclock to lower cpu and must have freed up enough to get it playing smooth again. Would be nice if there was a way to lower cpu use again but not sure if possible with the volume control.
Set the volume to 100%. ;)

Back