• AnyStream is having some DRM issues currently, Netflix is not available in HD for the time being.
    Situations like this will always happen with AnyStream: streaming providers are continuously improving their countermeasures while we try to catch up, it's an ongoing cat-and-mouse game. Please be patient and don't flood our support or forum with requests, we are working on it 24/7 to get it resolved. Thank you.

ReClock 1.8.6.7

When you speak about Reclock vsync slider, you mean the target vsync position ?

clip26u.jpg

Yes, sorry.

...and make sure all three of the boxes at the top are ticked.

I was wondering, I'm playing 29.97fps movies in 89.91Hz...I wanted to play them at half speed, but still keep the audio adaptation. There's no "refresh rate/6" option, so I'm SOL? :eek:

EVR Sync without any Vsync + reclock Vsync :

clip68resize.jpg

Seems not bad, very smooth anyways. But it's pretty hard to make the green line parallel to the red one with the Vsync target !
Still somes waves but less, I will try a little more this way.

(I saw only a 25fps movie, and a little part of 23.976)

My Vsync is here :
At right of this position, green line goes down, at left, green does down. :doh:

clip69.jpg

I would move the green line down a bit so av.sync offset is <16.5ms. Currently, the green line is a bit too close to the upper frame boundary @-20ms for complete comfort. When it gets too close you will get waves on the red line and if a bit closer frame drops.

Don't worry about movement on the green line.

Last edited:
your screenshot seems to say you are not using D3D mode. On XP you must to properly control vsync.

Yes, I forgot to choose D3D mode.
Anyways, all videos when I start them didn't put the green line as high as it is on this screenshot.
Maybe D3D mode change things, but it is the only combination to make this green line parallel to the red one. :(

(Vsync offset on vsync renderer was at 14ms +/-1ms)

Last edited:
D3D mode is vital! (on XP. On Vista/W7 Aero works too) I am surprised you got any half decent results without it. You must turn off all three vsync options on the EVR sync settings tab. Then the EVR sync target offset does nothing.

Note, when using Reclock for vsync there is sometimes a brief period of judder when you start or after you seek or pause, while Reclock 'pulls' the green line into position from its random start point.

All three vsync were already turned off !

Tonight I'll try with D3D mode. ;)

Tonight I'll try with D3D mode.
yeah, and let us how it goes too ;)

the VSYNC control has been drastically improved in Vista/W7(thanks to Aero?)...XP in windowed mode is clueless and doomed to fail because its timer granularity is not tight enough(no HPET support) and it doesn't really have any serious code to manage it as tightly as we'd need anyway.

hopefully D3D exclusive support in mVR will put an end to all this! :agree:

Well, after 10 times to find the good vsync target in reclock (maybe coz it wasn't stabilize and blind red/green, but couldn't see it in the 2nd screen, dualview inside), I'm very impressed by the result ! :clap:
D3D + EVR sync without any Vsync, offset 14ms + Reclock Vsync, didn't saw any tearing in the whole movie, and the jitter stability is rock stable !

At the end of the movie (23.976>25.000fps) :

clip71resize.jpg

Here the vsync target position :

clip73.jpg

Why 5 drops ?
I made 2 pauses, maybe that.

It's strange how reclock keeps the vsync !
When I made a seek or a pause, green line starts again lower and go up until reach the 14ms, or upper and go down until 14ms without a drop !

I will continue with that a few times to be sure it's as good as it was tonight.
Thanks Jong ! :D

the movie (23.976>25.000fps)
your HC3100 fully support 48Hz(just like mine), be a man :p

ok, good to know D3D exclusive mode can be a working foolproof solution on XP :agree:

Last edited:
Can you explain me why you have to tick all the three options in VSYNC Correction ?

I thought it was sufficient to tick only the one relevant to the renderer you use, and the third (DXVA) only if you use DXVA.

Don't know, Jong told me to do then I do ! :agree:

Lee, we'll see soon if it's really amazing or just a lucky day ! :D

Can you explain me why you have to tick all the three options in VSYNC Correction ?

I thought it was sufficient to tick only the one relevant to the renderer you use, and the third (DXVA) only if you use DXVA.
You are right, but I just wanted to be sure there was no doubt vsync was enabled!

Well, after 10 times to find the good vsync target in reclock (maybe coz it wasn't stabilize and blind red/green, but couldn't see it in the 2nd screen, dualview inside), I'm very impressed by the result ! :clap:
D3D + EVR sync without any Vsync, offset 14ms + Reclock Vsync, didn't saw any tearing in the whole movie, and the jitter stability is rock stable !

Why 5 drops ?
I made 2 pauses, maybe that.

It's strange how reclock keeps the vsync !
When I made a seek or a pause, green line starts again lower and go up until reach the 14ms, or upper and go down until 14ms without a drop !

I will continue with that a few times to be sure it's as good as it was tonight.
Thanks Jong ! :D
Glad its working for you :).

You will get some judder when you pause or seek. Yes, maybe a drop and sometimes (maybe 1 in 5), Reclock unfortunately goes the "quick way" from where it starts to where it is headed and takes the green line through vsync (the red line) instead of away from it, for example it might do this if at the start the green line is @-3ms. Then you can get a brief couple of seconds of judder shortly after a seek, but then all should be good.

ps. just to be clear again the EVR Sync Target of -14ms is not doing anything the way we have configured MPC (all Sync Renderer vsync options off). It should really be greyed out.

Last edited:
your HC3100 fully support 48Hz(just like mine), be a man :p

ok, good to know D3D exclusive mode can be a working foolproof solution on XP :agree:
I believe I've been telling you that for over a year. Didn't you believe me?!:D On Vista/W7 Aero seems an alternative to D3D. It certainly works the same way, but I haven't done sufficient testing to say if it is as predictable and reliable eg. to any scheduling hiccups.

Last edited:
A few more things:

<ctrl><alt>r resets the sync counters in the Sync Renderer OSD, so you can reset when playback has stablised and check easily at the end if there have been any problems, without watching the graph the whole time! On XP you may see occasional downward spikes on the green line due to scheduling delay, but with 17ms of margin you should almost always still be OK.

Personally, I would move the green line down a bit to more like 16:5ms -17ms av. Offset. You can see the green line is peaking dangerously close to -20ms, where t will first lead to the red line wobbling and if a bit worse judder. You may get way with the current position (especially as it will move down when the other simpler OSD modes are used or if, as normally, the OSD is off.) But you have plenty of margin, better use it.

With maybe a small tweak of the Reclock slider you should be able to find a position that also works with PDVD, TMT and WindDVD for Blu-ray disc playback and TMT only for DVD. I find the TMT renderer needs presentation to be in a very specific, narrow range, but fortunately still compatible with mpc-hc. Note: those players are not compatible with Reclock vsync when playing other media, e.g. file mode.

Last edited:
I believe I've been telling you that for over a year. Didn't you believe me?!:D On Vista/W7 Aero seems an alternative to D3D. It certainly works the same way, but I haven't done sufficient testing to say if it is as predictable and reliable eg. to any scheduling hiccups.
I remember trying Casimir's D3D exclusive mode, and the jitter really sucked...even HR was far smoother :eek:

I fine EVR too sharp to my taste anyway....and call me old fashion, but I like to be able to see the transport bar...but ok, if mVR ever supports D3D I'll be in for a treat I guess :agree:

D3D is not a magic solution in itself.

Firstly it seems to make timings tighter - no mixing of the desktop. This benefits all renderers but, of course, it does not make all renderers equal. It is still easy to have a bad renderer!

Secondly, and almost coincidentally, default D3D-mode for VMR9 and EVR frees up the point of presentation so Reclock can control it. This is great, but not inevitable. If you turn on vsync correction in EVR Sync or EVR CP, for example, Reclock vsync correction does not work, even in D3D mode.

It should be possible for madshi, for example, to offer a non-D3D mode that allows Reclock to control vsync. He just needs an option to turn off his code that control point of presentation. Also, just madshi offering a D3D mode will not allow Reclock vsync correction to work - he would still need that option to disable his own vsync code, although D3D mode will probably help him in other ways, as mentioned above. Alternatively, of course, he could fix his own vsync code, assuming you are right and it does not currently work reliably. I would think the best option would be to do both - make his own vsync code work reliably AND offer the option to disable it, for those that want to use Reclock's vsync correction e.g. because they need it when playing Blu-ray in PDVD/TMT.

Last edited:
Back