• AnyStream is having some DRM issues currently, Netflix is not available in HD for the time being.
    Situations like this will always happen with AnyStream: streaming providers are continuously improving their countermeasures while we try to catch up, it's an ongoing cat-and-mouse game. Please be patient and don't flood our support or forum with requests, we are working on it 24/7 to get it resolved. Thank you.

ReClock 1.8.6.0

James

Redfox Development Team
Staff member
Watching PAL DVDs?
Here's why you need ReClock: http://www.schmidt-web.info/malte/english.html
(unfortunately the sound examples were removed from the site... :( )

http://sandbox.slysoft.com/beta/SetupReClock1860.exe

1.8.6.0 - 12/01/2010
* New: Config.exe has an improved design, thanks to yesgrey3!
* Change: Removed "original speed x0.75"
* Change: Renamed "original speed x0.96" to "original speed - 4%"
* Change: Instead of simple quality settings, Config.exe displays the used algorithm of the resampler plugin.
* Change: Replaced default resampler plugin with libresample by Dominic Mazzoni & Julius Smith, as it is licensed under LPGL instead of GPL.
Sound quality & CPU load should be similar to the SCR resampler quality settings "Fastest Sinc Interpolator" (good) and "Medium Sinc Interpolator" (very good).
With the new resampler there are only two quality settings available: "Fast Sinc Interpolation" (good) and "High-quality Sinc Interpolation" (very good).
* New: The option to expand mono to both front speakers now works with the AC3 encoder, too.
* New: Added "original speed + 4.2%" so that everyone in a NTSC country can check, that "PAL speed up" really sucks.
* New: Timestretch sound quality improved in 5.1 and 7.1 speaker setups, thanks to Rodney Clinton Chua!
* Fix: Memory leaks in AC3 encoder and Timestretch plugin
* Some fixes and improvements

Source code for GPL'ed code is available here:
http://oss.slysoft.com/ReClock/

Going to test it now, I must say, fantastic work on the config.exe GUI :)

I'm getting audio crackling/popping noises now, using AC3 encoder. Tried fast and high re-sampling quality. I'm also using Time stretching 24P-25P.

No other version of Reclock has given me crackles before :p

EDIT: Once TMT3 decides to play smoothly the crackles go away...

I'm getting audio crackling/popping noises now, using AC3 encoder.
And.... if you don't?

Tried fast and high re-sampling quality. I'm also using Time stretching 24P-25P.
And.... if you don't? Come on, a little bit more error analysis...

who stole b59?

yay, a new resampler! :eek:

libavcodec does very nice resampling as well...thanks!

PS: woohah, the GUI kicks ***!

but then libsamplerate is gone?! can I still use the old resampler.dll to compare them?

PS2: humm I very much prefer libsamplerate, SQ is just so much less metallic in 192kHz...some compatibility mode w/ libsamplerate would be much appreciated :(

Last edited:
Sorry, I am trying to actually watch the show at the same time as testing all of this. It's a PITA closing TMT3 and changing settings, loading up the episode again. Have to go through the entire loading process over and over.

Anyway, I just cleared Reclock and started the disc again. I was unable to reproduce the crackling/popping noises just yet.

Maybe others will encounter this...

Last edited:
What do they use?
no idea, I'll check! but last time I compared it to libsamplerate it seemed to sound slightly better :)
No, because the interface for the resampler plugin has changed, but you can fire up VS2005 and compile one.
puhleaze, yesgrey, I'd need an "excellent" libsamplerate hacked DLL to fit Reclock b60...tell me it's possible iskenkahn.gif

Excellent, thanks for new build, but using both High and
fast quality Sinc Interpolation, I get a horrible bzzzzzzzhissssssbzzzzzzzzzhissss noise when playing Star Trek blu-ray. I am outputting PCM from ffdshow. It doesn't happen with a few other movies I tried so not sure whats different here.

This was not happening pre 1.8.6.0. Anyone else getting hissing / buzzing.

I wish I could use MPC-HC to playback BR but every time I've tried it's just given me a stuttering mess.

well, I don't have any dev skills(except for some Seka ASM on Amiga 20 years ago :p) or dev kit installed, and my business is mostly whining on internet forums to feed my endless hunger for the best hardware/software combo..luckily Reclock b58 in 32/192 and the AD797B/LT1028A op-amps pretty much did all of this for me...so I could easily stick to b58 and call it a day, thanks all for your stellar work :bowdown:

AFAIK libavcodec has its own resampling code: http://cekirdek.pardus.org.tr/~ismail/ffmpeg-docs/resample_8c.html#_details

You didn't see this?
http://forum.slysoft.com/showpost.php?p=240647&postcount=9

oops! I sincerely apologize, I saw "src" as in "source code" not "secret rabbit" jsuistropcon.gif

so if I set Reclock to "best", I get "SRC excellent"? that's what the CPU usage seems to show indeed :agree:

thank you for your patience, James! (and I still concur that the new resampler sounds metallic to death in 192kHz, hard to bear...I can understand the SRC guy getting greedy w/ his licence terms as his resampler sounds *really* good, he already gave up on the foobar users due to money issues.)

if you had the possibility to use libavcodec, this could be a serious challenger to the rabbit code :bowdown:

Last edited:
oops! I sincerely apologize, I saw "src" as in "source code" not "secret rabbit" jsuistropcon.gif

so if I set Reclock to "best", I get "SRC excellent"? that's what the CPU usage seems to show indeed :agree:
BTW, using your "golden ears", how does it sound when set to "fastest sinc" and "medium sinc"?
Am I right if I say it sounds similar as libresample's "fast" and "high quality"?

BTW, using your "golden ears", how does it sound when set to "fastest sinc" and "medium sinc"?
Am I right if I say it sounds similar as libresample's "fast" and "high quality"?
hah, I never said I had golden ears :D

I got good headphones, good op-amps and I'm trained to hear tiny differences...but I don't have a pitch perfect ear(I wish!)

ouh, comparing different resamplers in different settings would be possible, but I need to able to A/B quickly as the auditive memory is very short...if I replace the DLL's, tell me what figure I should put for each of them in the registry and I'll try to compare them...192kHz is OK?

thank you for your patience, James! (and I still concur that the new resampler sounds metallic to death in 192kHz, hard to bear...I can understand the SRC guy getting greedy w/ his licence terms as his resampler sounds *really* good, he already gave up on the foobar users due to money issues.)

No unfounded accusations, please. If I use OSS, I simply prefer LGPL code. That's all. I'll sleep better at night. Maybe it even makes the world a better place. :D

Back