• AnyStream is having some DRM issues currently, Netflix is not available in HD for the time being.
    Situations like this will always happen with AnyStream: streaming providers are continuously improving their countermeasures while we try to catch up, it's an ongoing cat-and-mouse game. Please be patient and don't flood our support or forum with requests, we are working on it 24/7 to get it resolved. Thank you.

Question Rakuten.tv UK

radiah

I was just attempting to grab Founders Day from Rakuten.tv UK. I use a very good VPN which always works. If you know anything about Rakuten, it won't even let you on to the site or see anything in the site if you are not located within its service area.
I rented the film with no problem whatsoever; however, when I attempted to download it, I got the "could not retrieve playlist" message. Log attached. Even attempting to d/l the free films resulted in the same error. I can watch via my browser using the same VPN connection without a problem.
Anyone have any ideas? I could use another program, but then I will only get max 540p resolution. :-/
Thanks in advance!

Attachments

• AnyStream_1.8.8.0.astlog
    397.4 KB · Views: 0
You cannot use any VPN with Rakuten they block all IP VPNs

My friend, it works just fine with my VPN. Like I said, if they block you, you can't even get to the main site. I can use another program but it will only grab 540p, and I really would like the HD version. Not trying to be difficult, but could someone please have a look? Thanks! :)

Your issue is so obvious I didn't think you could miss it.

The 2023 movie Founders Day is available for purchase or rent on Rakuten TV. It was released on digital platforms on May 7, 2024
Today is May 4th. As I said, not an AnyStream issue.:giggle:

I am somewhat disappointed by your response, my friend. It is available NOW for purchase/rent on Rakuten, AMZN UK, SkyStore, etc. It was released early, happens all the time, including in the US. I hope your day gets better for you, as you seems to be really upset. I'll just grab the 540p version and hope that someone can set this straight. Thanks. :giggle:

I am somewhat disappointed by your response, my friend. It is available NOW for purchase/rent on Rakuten, AMZN UK, SkyStore, etc. It was released early, happens all the time, including in the US. I hope your day gets better for you, as you seems to be really upset. I'll just grab the 540p version and hope that someone can set this straight. Thanks. :giggle:
Blame Google not me, I searched and this is what I found, top answer. I am not upset at all. I am having a great day, weather is 34C and I am on my patio watching all the beachgoers. :thankyou:

Pics or it didn't happen! Attached are the pics of the purchasability, and then my actual receipt for having rented the film. Can't even rely on search engines these days.

Attachments

• Screenshot 2024-05-04 at 11-32-14 Founders Day - Movies - Buy_Rent - Rakuten TV.png
    Screenshot 2024-05-04 at 11-32-14 Founders Day - Movies - Buy_Rent - Rakuten TV.png
    624.6 KB · Views: 6
  • Screenshot 2024-05-04 at 11-34-25 swissmail.org Your Rakuten TV receipt.png
    Screenshot 2024-05-04 at 11-34-25 swissmail.org Your Rakuten TV receipt.png
    260.9 KB · Views: 6
AS I said, it's great you got it, and now its resolved.

But how is it resolved when your software cannot download it?

But how is it resolved when your software cannot download it?
Maybe it's not able to be downloaded until the 7th, I have no idea. I would think if they sold it to you you should be good to go. lol, I will look into it. have a nice day.

Come back on May7th or call Rakuten. Or you can make it easy and just see if it streams. You know, watch it.:giggle:

Posted by radiah
I could use another program, but then I will only get max 540p resolution. :-/
Thanks in advance!
You will only get 540p here also, so try your other program.(y)

Just finished downloading it at only 540p with a different piece of software, so it IS available.

Back