• AnyStream is having some DRM issues currently, Netflix is not available in HD for the time being.
    Situations like this will always happen with AnyStream: streaming providers are continuously improving their countermeasures while we try to catch up, it's an ongoing cat-and-mouse game. Please be patient and don't flood our support or forum with requests, we are working on it 24/7 to get it resolved. Thank you.

Question Questions about Britbox through AP

teknomedic

Questions answered, thank you!

Original post...
Hello all you fine folks. I'd like to ask a few questions about Britbox through Amazon Prime.

I already have AP, but do NOT have the Britbox extra sub yet and would like to know a couple of things before I decide on subscribing to it.

Answered, YES - 1) Is AS+ currently able to download Britbox content through AP as normal?

Answered - 2) Related to this show: "The Suspicions Of Mr. Whicher" which only has 4 episodes.
...Answered, 1080p - 2a) Can AS+ currently DL this one in 720p and/or 1080p?
...Answered, 3.3GB for 1080p - 2b) If you'd also be so kind, roughly what size would the first episode be in 720p/1080p?... or 480p if that's all that can be viewed.

Thank you so much and really appreciate any information about this to help me decide.

Last edited:
Right now we are trying to fix the DRM on all Amazon prime sub channels. This will be done soon. When we are finished I believe then if the program or movie is available in 1080 P or 720p, you will be able to choose, but until we fix the DRM, you will get what is available. A fix may be coming very soon.

Thank you for the reply.

I haven't tried to DL anything from Amazon for a while. Am I understanding correctly that currently ALL Amazon is not working at all? I did see the sticky message, but assumed it was only related to certain new shows, but overall Amazon downloads were working. This show is from 2015 so I had also assumed that it wouldn't fall into the "not working" category.

If there's currently no way to DL amazon content then I'll wait on subscribing until the DRM is resolved.

Thank you for the reply.

I haven't tried to DL anything from Amazon for a while. Am I understanding correctly that currently ALL Amazon is not working at all? I did see the sticky message, but assumed it was only related to certain new shows, but overall Amazon downloads were working. This show is from 2015 so I had also assumed that it wouldn't fall into the "not working" category.

If there's currently no way to DL amazon content then I'll wait on subscribing until the DRM is resolved.
Amazon is fully operational other than the fact that some programs that should be in 1080 P are not. We are working on this right now and should be done very soon look for a new version to be out as soon as we are finished.

Amazon is fully operational other than the fact that some programs that should be in 1080 P or not. We are working on this right now and should be done very soon look for a new version. Be out as soon as we are finished.

I see, thank you. Then I suspect my original question still stands. Mostly I'm only wondering two things. 1) Can AS+ DL Britbox through AP and 2) for that specific show, what resolutions can AS+ currently DL at?

I don't require any Moderators to check obviously, was just hoping a kind soul with a Britbox through AP subscription would be willing to verify the current state of AS+ and that show.

I do appreciate the extra information though, so thank you for that. (y)

I have no idea what BritBox can download and what resolution it will be. Yes, you can download from BritBox on Amazon prime with Anystream. If it was me, I would wait for the new version to come out and if the show is available in 1080 P that’s what you will get

That's good to hear that I can at least do the add on subscription and it will work.

No worries on you checking that show in particular... I'll patiently wait and see if anyone else is willing to check.

Thank you again!

That's good to hear that I can at least do the add on subscription and it will work.

No worries on you checking that show in particular... I'll patiently wait and see if anyone else is willing to check.

Thank you again!

don’t hesitate to ask any questions that you may have. Someone is always here to answer them.

I have Britbox through AP. All those shows are available in 1080p, at least for me. I grabbed The Murder at Road Hill House at 1080p and the file size was 3.3gb.

yes, britbox via AP works great, just like AP itself or any other addon channel. that being said, even though most of the iconic shows are available in HD resolutions (vicar of dibley isnt, IIRC), theres not much benefit of wasting 2-3gb per 1080p episode of an 80s BBC show that has not been remastered. in short, it is a hit and miss. OFAH is available in 1080p, but they effed up the conversion to digital so youll get decent picture (sharpness etc), but there are some huge an dweird artefacts when the camera moves from one side to the other, mostly visible in the apartment scenes. fawlty, allo allo, the new statesman, keeping up appearances, blackadder are better, but still i dont think any of those have been remastered so dont expect miracles. i sometimes opt for 540p even though 1080p is available, purely because there is not much difference in picture quality in those situations (you still get aliased edges, weird color artefacts on the edges of objects etc). so, give it a try. it works and find what suits you best. cheers!

If anyone finds a series or a movie on Amazon or anyone of their subscription channels that should be in 1080p and is not. Please post a log file and the name of the series or film. I have already tested most of the newest stuff, VoxMachine and others.

I have already tested most of the newest stuff, VoxMachine and others.

added s01 to queue, 1080p, 192kbps audio. first file downloads, then AS crashes. tried again, same thing: first episode ok, then crash. providing dump file.

edit: added just two files to queue at once, same thing. ill try now adding two files with same 192kbps audio separately. ok, adding one by one seems to work. lol. good ole AS. one by one always works, hahaha.

Attachments

• AnyStream_1.4.9.8_Dump_20230126162621.astdmp
    7.2 MB · Views: 0
Last edited:
Back