• AnyStream is having some DRM issues currently, Netflix is not available in HD for the time being.
    Situations like this will always happen with AnyStream: streaming providers are continuously improving their countermeasures while we try to catch up, it's an ongoing cat-and-mouse game. Please be patient and don't flood our support or forum with requests, we are working on it 24/7 to get it resolved. Thank you.

Question about the max weekly downloads

Status
Not open for further replies.

Mirai

Are the max weackly download counted to the lisence or to the newflix/dinsey+ account

License.

Sent from my Pixel 3 XL using Tapatalk

Are that possible for RedFoix and do so that are per service and per account?

When resets the limt to next week are that on evey sunday night or when the Licnses is bought?

When resets the limt to next week are that on evey sunday night or when the Licnses is bought?
It resets after a specific time, it was about 30min. Don't know the exact number anymore.
So if you download something, 1 Token is consumed and this token will be back after x min. If you dl 2 things, it will take about 1 hour till your bucked is full again.

There's is no fixed reset, it's a rolling token system. You start out with 100, when you download stuff 1 token gets deducted. The moment you stop downloading, the token bucket starts refilling at 1 token every 36min.

Sent from my Pixel 3 XL using Tapatalk

A valid AnyStream license is limited to approximately 280 downloads per week to avoid being blocked by your streaming provider. You have a quota of 100 downloads. Whenever some of it is used up, it will refill at a rate of 1 download every 36 minutes. This amounts to an average of 280 downloads per week plus the initial 100.

Kind of a dorky policy, really, but whatever. If you are going to cripple the software in such a manner, you should at least present the number of available tokens somewhere on the screen so that users can see WTF is going on.

How I know when I have reached the limt?

Kind of a dorky policy, really, but whatever. If you are going to cripple the software in such a manner, you should at least present the number of available tokens somewhere on the screen so that users can see WTF is going on.
This policy was implementet due some users poweruse the trial. (https://forum.redfox.bz/threads/announcement-new-trial-limits.79269/)
I'm not sure if the tokens display is already on the list (haven't seen it), but others where talking about it I think.

The logic in this is flawed. Yes, you will get 280 downloads THE FIRST WEEK. But every week after that, you will only get 180 because the initial pot is never restored.

How about you don't try to control it, Redfox, and let it be up to the user to judge how much he uses the program?

By all means, put up a warning somewhere when the limit you judge is reasonable is reached - if you feel you absolutely must - but don't block downloading. We're adults, and we didn't pay good money for a piece of software with built-in and uncircumventable parental control...

I do, however, second the motion above that if you persist in keeping this idiotic "feature", you should at least show somewhere how many available downloads you have left!

Last edited:
This policy was implementet due some users poweruse the trial. (https://forum.redfox.bz/threads/announcement-new-trial-limits.79269/)
I'm not sure if the tokens display is already on the list (haven't seen it), but others where talking about it I think.
We're talking about two different things here, DeepSpace. It's perfectly reasonable to have a limit on the trial license.
Having one on a paid, full license, however, is not. Especially when it's not made clear BEFORE you purchase the license, but you have to find out afterwards that your paid license is almost just as crippled as a trial license.

Why is anyone downloading 280 streams a week to begin with? The AnyStream license is in no way crippled. That’s ridiculous and arguments to the contrary are what’s unreasonable.

Why is anyone downloading 280 streams a week to begin with? The AnyStream license is in no way crippled. That’s ridiculous and arguments to the contrary are what’s unreasonable.
That's not the point. No matter if you use the program a lot or a little, it's not affecting Redfox in any way. So why do they impose a limitation on the users that is not necessary?
Like I said, people are grown up, they can decide for themselves how much or little they want to download.
It's not the limitation as such I'm opposed to, but the whole underlying patronizing attitude which, sadly, even you seem to display.
And no matter if you like it or not, having limitations of any kind in a program is the very DEFINITION of crippled software...

That's not the point. No matter if you use the program a lot or a little, it's not affecting Redfox in any way. So why do they impose a limitation on the users that is not necessary?
Like I said, people are grown up, they can decide for themselves how much or little they want to download.
It's not the limitation as such I'm opposed to, but the whole underlying patronizing attitude which, sadly, even you seem to display.
And no matter if you like it or not, having limitations of any kind in a program is the very DEFINITION of crippled software...

1) Accusing others of attitude while wielding your own is massive hypocrisy
2) It's not crippled it is a limitation for your own good
3) If there are folks out there abusing the downloads to the nth degree to the point where it gets "noticed" and all users of AS get their accounts banned then it VERY MUCH affects Redfox AND the users who get banned

This is just my own personal take on it, if you see it differently that is fine.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back