• AnyStream is having some DRM issues currently, Netflix is not available in HD for the time being.
    Situations like this will always happen with AnyStream: streaming providers are continuously improving their countermeasures while we try to catch up, it's an ongoing cat-and-mouse game. Please be patient and don't flood our support or forum with requests, we are working on it 24/7 to get it resolved. Thank you.

Question Question about Netflix

Butt_Love

My question is what is it about AS’s connection to N’s service that is causing N to think that there is some password sharing going on?

I’m even noticing that N is lowering the resolution I’m getting in the N App on my AppleTV connected to our TV from time to time and it seems to happen around when I’ve been doing some DL’ing in AS and have had to do the N Logout & Login procedure to restore all the resolutions.

My question is what is it about AS’s connection to N’s service that is causing N to think that there is some password sharing going on?

I’m even noticing that N is lowering the resolution I’m getting in the N App on my AppleTV connected to our TV from time to time and it seems to happen around when I’ve been doing some DL’ing in AS and have had to do the N Logout & Login procedure to restore all the resolutions.
I have no idea what you are talking about. What issue are you having exactly? Explain it. Please upload a log file if there is an issue.This doesn't belong in this thread, I will split it into a new thread.

i think mr.butt is saying NF is lowering resolutions on his appletv after dloading in AS, and suspects its because of NFs new password sharing policy. i havent noticed that, i use shield and sony tv sometimes for NF, but ive noticed today that all audio on NF is capped at 128kbps. still havent upgraded to latest version of AS, did i miss that as well?

i think mr.butt is saying NF is lowering resolutions on his appletv after dloading in AS, and suspects its because of NFs new password sharing policy. i havent noticed that, i use shield and sony tv sometimes for NF, but ive noticed today that all audio on NF is capped at 128kbps. still havent upgraded to latest version of AS, did i miss that as well?
AnyStream has nothing to do with AppleTV, I still have no idea what the issue is that refers to AnyStream. I think his imagination is running away from him. I have no idea what Netflix is doing, I only know how to get 1080p back if you lose it.

AnyStream has nothing to do with AppleTV, I still have no idea what the issue is that refers to AnyStream. I think his imagination is running away from him. I have no idea what Netflix is doing, I only know how to get 1080p back if you lose it.
sure, but NF and its stupid password sharing policy has to do with AS and appletv and browsers and many a more. sure, i agree AS is not at fault here, but rather NF. i understood what mr.posterior was trying to say and was just trying to translate. lol. cheers.

I have put some thought into this and here is what I think is going on. But of course it's really just me making a semi-educated guess.

Netflix announced the password sharing thing months ago. People got upset so they publicly backed off at the time. But they implemented some limitations behind the scenes anyway. Netflix beforehand had only a hard limitation on concurrent active streams. But I believe post change they started to count the number of devices accessing your account all tolled and not just concurrent. So whatever the limit of recent active devices is, when you go over you get low res streams even though you are under your concurrent stream limit.

I believe this is probably also how they are deciding when to hit you with the new rule of the additional member/profile charges. I assume it's part the number of devices and the IP they are coming from to be honest.

Anyway that is just me spit balling. Clearly, none of that has anything to do with AS whatsoever beyond AS going against the device count.

It could be a simple explanation as having too many places to log in to NF . I had 3 tvs
that had NF built in by my TV provider, then I got AS. 4 connections. Still ok, then my son
got Roku for me, then I picked up another. By that time NF started lowering the size limits
almost every second day. Removed NF from. Roku, problem solved. Keep the amount of
download sites low.

It could be a simple explanation as having too many places to log in to NF . I had 3 tvs
that had NF built in by my TV provider, then I got AS. 4 connections. Still ok, then my son
got Roku for me, then I picked up another. By that time NF started lowering the size limits
almost every second day. Removed NF from. Roku, problem solved. Keep the amount of
download sites low.
They only allow 2 streams.

Back