• AnyStream is having some DRM issues currently, Netflix is not available in HD for the time being.
    Situations like this will always happen with AnyStream: streaming providers are continuously improving their countermeasures while we try to catch up, it's an ongoing cat-and-mouse game. Please be patient and don't flood our support or forum with requests, we are working on it 24/7 to get it resolved. Thank you.

Question about 100 download limit...

Status
Not open for further replies.

teknomedic

I did a basic search, but didn't see an answer to this question (if I missed it, apologies).

I've read the faq and understand then need for the 100 limit.

What I'm wondering and don't really get is why is the limit universal instead of per service?? That is, as a paid user, why can't I download 100 from Netflix and then go download 100 from Disney+? Are the services connected in some way that makes that option more risky than locking me to do 50 from Netflix and 50 from Disney+? or even just 100 from Netflix with 0 from Disney+?

Thanks for clarification. :bowdown:

I am not sure what the official line is but I have always assumed it's to keep the number of downloads within reason. I am not at all sure content providers don't (at least sometimes) share CDN services. In other words, for example, Netflix and Hulu might both pay CDN service X to host and deploy their content. So if you were to download 100 titles from Netflix and 100 titles from Hulu you just hit the same backend service for 200 titles. Do I know if this is true for certain? No. But I suspect it.

That's a good point and makes a bit of sense. I hadn't really thought about in that way. Thank you.

Reactions: DQ
This is indeed a good idea DQ, I also never thought in that way.
That aside, it has been requested several times already. I can't remember if the devs said anything about it (approved or denied it), but they know it and if they are going to change it, you will see it in a future update.

Reactions: DQ
I did a basic search, but didn't see an answer to this question (if I missed it, apologies).

I've read the faq and understand then need for the 100 limit.

What I'm wondering and don't really get is why is the limit universal instead of per service?? That is, as a paid user, why can't I download 100 from Netflix and then go download 100 from Disney+? Are the services connected in some way that makes that option more risky than locking me to do 50 from Netflix and 50 from Disney+? or even just 100 from Netflix with 0 from Disney+?

Thanks for clarification. :bowdown:
The Fair Use 100 download limit, is actually 280 for the week, after you have used 100 in a day you will have wait , every 36 minutes 1 will be added back to your total of approximately 40 per day. 7X40 = 280, it will continue to add 1 every 36 minutes, whether you use them or not until 280 is reached, your total will never go over 100.

A valid AnyStream license is limited to approximately 280 downloads per week to avoid being blocked by your streaming provider. You have a quota of 100 downloads. Whenever some of it is used up, it will refill at a rate of 1 download every 36 minutes. This amounts to an average of 280 downloads per week.
Please use the search function this has been discussed many many times, .

I'm well aware of the 280 in a week deal, but I still didn't find an official reason why it's a universal limit (either 100 per day or 280 per week) instead of a per service limit when I searched. What's the official reason that it's 280 over all services per week instead of 280 at Netflix with another 280 at Disney+ as an example?

Again, the official statement reads that the limit is there so you're not blocked by your provider... So... Why does me downloading 280 at Netflix risk me being blocked at Disney?

The Fair Use 100 download limit, is actually 280 for the week, after you have used 100 in a day you will have wait , every 36 minutes 1 will be added back to your total of approximately 40 per day. 7X40 = 280, it will continue to add 1 every 36 minutes, whether you use them or not until 280 is reached, your total will never go over 100.

Please use the search function this has been discussed many many times, .

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back