• AnyStream is having some DRM issues currently, Netflix is not available in HD for the time being.
    Situations like this will always happen with AnyStream: streaming providers are continuously improving their countermeasures while we try to catch up, it's an ongoing cat-and-mouse game. Please be patient and don't flood our support or forum with requests, we are working on it 24/7 to get it resolved. Thank you.

PS3: not expensive, what's the deal ?

rostour

Hi all !

I ask for your help !

I've just bought a PS3 320G0 console on the Internet ...

But now, I'm not sure at all if it was a good deal ...

The web site is called "Light in the box". (No, in fact, it is Ecemall)

DO NOT BUY ANYTHING FROM Ecemall.com !!!

The PS3 is sold at the price of 239.09$US.
(link removed)

My concerns are :

- Is this legal ? ===> NO
- Will I be able to read Region 1 (or Region A) for Americas Blu-Ray ?
- Does this site have a good reputation ?
===> NO, It is a scam site !!!

All advices will be truely appreciate !

(Sorry if my English is not that good ...)

Thanks a lot !
Simon

Last edited:
The model is the newer PS3 Slim which is a smaller form factor. I see no reason for it to be illegal since it is merely a PS3 Slim. You'd have to contact the site as to whether it's a Region 1/Region A player.

a quick dns registry search revealed the following

Registrant:
Light In The Box Limited
ATTN LIGHTINTHEBOX.COM
care of Network Solutions
PO Box 459
Drums, PA. US 18222

Domain Name: LIGHTINTHEBOX.COM

Administrative Contact, Technical Contact:
Light In The Box Limited
ATTN LIGHTINTHEBOX.COM
care of Network Solutions
PO Box 459
Drums, PA 18222
US
570-708-8780

So i think its safe to assume its a Region 1 / A player

Hi

Thanks for your opinion Ch3vr0n & DrinkLyeAndDie.

What is strange is that I try to contact them, but they are not answering ...

I'll wait a few weeks before starting to go nuts :bang: !!!

Does anybody have any (good :clap: or bad :mad:) experiences with LightInTheBox.com ???

Thanks again ! :)

OMG i'm in the same situation

I ordered xbox 360 on 16 November, After one day of payment they sent confirmation email that they will ship out within 3 days.

But This is 7th day now, I've tried to contact but no answer.

http://whois.domaintools.com/ecemall.com

They registered on 2 November, very new website. I should not paid to them, their deal is a lot better than normal retailers.

Btw, I only got one reply for them when I asked a short question about region, they replied in 15 mins, but for long question or complain about the time, they've never replied anymore.

Man, I think I'm over the fence of being fraud.

Another weird fact is that Their contact address is in the Uk and they said they will ship from UK by DHL blah blah on the home page, but in the register of the domain,it it said they come from the US.

Last edited:
Mmm, that sounds not good ... :bang:

But, I received an e-mail this morning, here it is :

We Located in 250 Somerset Ct / Lansdale, PA 19446

Your order will ship out today.
Thanks
Have a good day

But he didn't answer my question if it is a region1/A disc player ... :confused:

I'm still hoping for a good end ... :(

Check you ps3 back it usually have globe icon and there is number in it, which will tell you region of the disc it can play. In same way you can check to see if there is A ion back as well to check for blu-ray.

PS3 360Go

Hi all !

I ask for your help !

I've just bought a PS3 320G0 console on the Internet ...

But now, I'm not sure at all if it was a good deal ...

The web site is called "Light in the box".

The PS3 is sold at the price of 239.09$US.
(link removed)

My concerns are :

- Is this legal ?
- Will I be able to read Region 1 (or Region A) for Americas Blu-Ray ?
- Does this site have a good reputation ?

All advices will be truely appreciate !

(Sorry if my English is not that good ...)

Thanks a lot !
Simon

Can you tell me please, did you got the item bought from ??? And if yes, please tell is it works fine?

Last edited by a moderator:
I've removed the link. We do not want it here, good or bad.

The answer to your question is YES, this is the same place the original poster has puchased from (or given money too).

Here are some "News" !!!

Website Ecemall is not like (or "equal to") Website Light in the Box ... :confused:

I bought my PS3 from Ecemall. :mad:

I tried to cancel my purchase. They don't answer their e-mail. :mad:

Ask PayPal to help me with my refund. :bowdown:

Here are some "News" !!!

Website Ecemall is not like (or "equal to") Website Light in the Box ... :confused:

I bought my PS3 from Ecemall. :mad:

I tried to cancel my purchase. They don't answer their e-mail. :mad:

Ask PayPal to help me with my refund. :bowdown:

Please keep me informed about all news about Ecemall, couse I also bought item from there (xbox 360) 3 days ago and still not get any confirmation email about shipping or something else.

Warning all buyers don't pay anything to them. Dispute in paypal as fast as possible so it should freeze their fund before they can withdraw.

But I think 3 days is too late man.

Count me in for the victim of cyber cheater.

The website has many links that are dead ends. The live chat does not work. I received a confirmation email on my order. It is (processing.) I have not received any responses through their email. It has been 3 days for me since my order was placed. I am worried.

If any of you paid via credit card I'd look into a charge-back through your credit card company. If you paid via PayPal you can seek assistance from them, as well. It sounds like this particular website has poor customer service at the least and criminal at worst.

(removed by moderator).com is not affiliated with ecemall.com!

I just came across this thread and after reading some of your comments, I could not help but post a message. I am writing on behalf of the official online retailer (removed by moderator).com

If you have purchased items through ecemall.com or ele2shop.com, I'd like to inform you that you have been a victim of a scam. Those websites are scam artists using (removed by moderator).com's branding in an attempt to deceive customers, and we are in no way affiliated with them. I suggest filing a complaint with Paypal or your credit card company and get your money back immediately. (removed by moderator).com is currently taking action against those scam wesbites, and will hopefully put an end to this confusion soon.

Last edited by a moderator:
I've removed the name of your shop.

Thankyou for informing the users that the 2 shops in question were using your web content withou permission and the indication that they might have been the victim of a scam.

Hi LC2010,

Can Your website (I assume that you are L****InThe***) write me a letter or anything to prove that Ecemall.com si a scam site ?

Because Paypal will ask for something to prove that Ecemall.com is a scam site.

Thanks

Back