PS3 and BD+

Discussion in 'AnyDVD HD (Blu-ray issues)' started by clareman, Nov 8, 2007.

1. clareman

clareman Well-Known Member

When a backup copy of a bluray is played (FW 1.93) a screen comes up that an upgrade is needed (a fox screen) ...the movie of course does not play correctly, has anyone tried FW 2.0?

thanks..

2. mick2006

mick2006 Well-Known Member

I am guessing that it certainly isn't going to improve the situation.

3. Adbear

Adbear Well-Known Member

I doubt it makes any difference. It's not the firmware that stops it from playing, but the fact that the BD+ hasn't been cracked. It's the BD+ on the disc that is detecting a problem and then saying you need to update. If you place an original in it plays fine, if you play a copy it gives the 'Fox' warning and when it hits the main movie plays back jerky

4. clareman

i guess another mystery of BR...whether it plays from the disc or from the HD, it's still not the original..why one would work and not the other...

5. Adbear

Adbear Well-Known Member

I was refering to playing them back in the PS3, the original plays the copy doesn't, but if I try playing the copy from the bd-re on my PC it plays fine as it's using Powerdvd to play

6. clareman

so perhaps it's just an upgrade thing on the ps3...

7. Adbear

Adbear Well-Known Member

Why would it be an upgrade on the PS3, the whole point about BD+ is to stop you from playing copies which is exactly what it's doing, the copy plays corrupt on a settop or PS3 when you playback the movie.

8. diogen

diogen Member

I think at some point there was a discussion about whether BD requires AACS to be present to be recognized as a legit disc.
    I think it was Paidgeek that clarified: BD-ROM has to have it, others - don't. But this might only be established after the Bonus View update.

It's been a while since I read it, I could be wrong.

Diogen.

9. 3r1c

3r1c Well-Known Member

I upgraded to PS3 FW 2.0
    Still same error message.

10. Adbear

Adbear Well-Known Member

I don't know why people would expect it to make a difference, it's not to do with the firmware, but to do with BD+. This is exactly what is supposed to happen when you try to play a copied BD+ disc. Until BD+ is cracked you'll keep getting these messages on standalone players and corrupt video on the main movie

11. clareman

i guess in my hard head, i don't understand how a movie can be played via powerdvd, but not the ps3 player (with bd+) if PDVD can be updated to work, why can't the ps3 player...

12. Adbear

Adbear Well-Known Member

because it's an error on Powerdvd's part that it plays. Why would they update the PS3 to circumvent the BD+ protection. That's the whole point of the protection to stop you from being able to play back copies

13. clareman

nah, I didn't mean that, obviously they wouldn't do that..