• AnyStream is having some DRM issues currently, Netflix is not available in HD for the time being.
    Situations like this will always happen with AnyStream: streaming providers are continuously improving their countermeasures while we try to catch up, it's an ongoing cat-and-mouse game. Please be patient and don't flood our support or forum with requests, we are working on it 24/7 to get it resolved. Thank you.

PS3 and BD+

clareman

When a backup copy of a bluray is played (FW 1.93) a screen comes up that an upgrade is needed (a fox screen) ...the movie of course does not play correctly, has anyone tried FW 2.0?

thanks..

I am guessing that it certainly isn't going to improve the situation.

I doubt it makes any difference. It's not the firmware that stops it from playing, but the fact that the BD+ hasn't been cracked. It's the BD+ on the disc that is detecting a problem and then saying you need to update. If you place an original in it plays fine, if you play a copy it gives the 'Fox' warning and when it hits the main movie plays back jerky

I doubt it makes any difference. It's not the firmware that stops it from playing, but the fact that the BD+ hasn't been cracked. It's the BD+ on the disc that is detecting a problem and then saying you need to update. If you place an original in it plays fine, if you play a copy it gives the 'Fox' warning and when it hits the main movie plays back jerky

i guess another mystery of BR...whether it plays from the disc or from the HD, it's still not the original..why one would work and not the other...

I was refering to playing them back in the PS3, the original plays the copy doesn't, but if I try playing the copy from the bd-re on my PC it plays fine as it's using Powerdvd to play

I was refering to playing them back in the PS3, the original plays the copy doesn't, but if I try playing the copy from the bd-re on my PC it plays fine as it's using Powerdvd to play

so perhaps it's just an upgrade thing on the ps3...

Why would it be an upgrade on the PS3, the whole point about BD+ is to stop you from playing copies which is exactly what it's doing, the copy plays corrupt on a settop or PS3 when you playback the movie.

I think at some point there was a discussion about whether BD requires AACS to be present to be recognized as a legit disc.
I think it was Paidgeek that clarified: BD-ROM has to have it, others - don't. But this might only be established after the Bonus View update.

It's been a while since I read it, I could be wrong.

Diogen.

I upgraded to PS3 FW 2.0
Still same error message.

I don't know why people would expect it to make a difference, it's not to do with the firmware, but to do with BD+. This is exactly what is supposed to happen when you try to play a copied BD+ disc. Until BD+ is cracked you'll keep getting these messages on standalone players and corrupt video on the main movie

I don't know why people would expect it to make a difference, it's not to do with the firmware, but to do with BD+. This is exactly what is supposed to happen when you try to play a copied BD+ disc. Until BD+ is cracked you'll keep getting these messages on standalone players and corrupt video on the main movie

i guess in my hard head, i don't understand how a movie can be played via powerdvd, but not the ps3 player (with bd+) if PDVD can be updated to work, why can't the ps3 player...

because it's an error on Powerdvd's part that it plays. Why would they update the PS3 to circumvent the BD+ protection. That's the whole point of the protection to stop you from being able to play back copies

because it's an error on Powerdvd's part that it plays. Why would they update the PS3 to circumvent the BD+ protection. That's the whole point of the protection to stop you from being able to play back copies

nah, I didn't mean that, obviously they wouldn't do that..

Back