• AnyStream is having some DRM issues currently, Netflix is not available in HD for the time being.
    Situations like this will always happen with AnyStream: streaming providers are continuously improving their countermeasures while we try to catch up, it's an ongoing cat-and-mouse game. Please be patient and don't flood our support or forum with requests, we are working on it 24/7 to get it resolved. Thank you.

Not a RedFox Issue Provider Stream Limits

NutFlush920

With Netflix now cracking down on password sharing I'm curious if when downloading something from any of the the providers on AS does it count toward your stream limit with the provider?

For example, Hulu allows 2 simultaneous streams. Does that mean 2 people can be watching while I’m using AS to download from the CDN or does my download count as one of those streams leaving only 1 open stream to watch?

That also poses the question, with downloading from Netflix CDN is my device ID and IP tracked toward my “household”?

If you are not password sharing, I would think you have nothing to worry about.

Yes, so if I’m not password sharing and get 2 streams at home, from Hulu for example, does downloading something via AS use one of those streams to download?

I imagine it would count as one of those streams but it shouldn't matter because once you've download something, your stream becomes freed up yet you can watch your offline file any time without limits.
Yep. In my case, I have 7 kids, but only 2 streams of Netflix. I thought I would slip in with AS and get a show that someone wanted to watch on a 3rd TV...but ended up kicking one of the other two off in the process.

As Flymo said, download it, it only takes a few minutes, and then watch it offline. Solved.

Yep. In my case, I have 7 kids, but only 2 streams of Netflix. I thought I would slip in with AS and get a show that someone wanted to watch on a 3rd TV...but ended up kicking one of the other two off in the process.

I’ll likely cancel Netflix with the new changes. I don’t really use it and had it basically for my mom who’s retired and watches a lot of TV. I’ll just get for a month here and there for myself if something good is on it. Thanks all

Back