• AnyStream is having some DRM issues currently, Netflix is not available in HD for the time being.
    Situations like this will always happen with AnyStream: streaming providers are continuously improving their countermeasures while we try to catch up, it's an ongoing cat-and-mouse game. Please be patient and don't flood our support or forum with requests, we are working on it 24/7 to get it resolved. Thank you.

Product: BD-RE BU40N Revision: 1.00

Scott Adams

I have a slimline BU40N that I flashed to revision 1.00 and it works fine with MakeMKV and Libre. I understand this isn't an AnyDVD friendly drive.

Has anyone successfully cross flashed this for AnyDVD? If so, what bin?

Thanks.

Drive Information
OS device name: H:
Current profile: BD-ROM
Manufacturer: HL-DT-ST
Product: BD-RE BU40N
Revision: 1.00
Serial number:
Firmware date: 2116-12-20 15:28
Bus encryption flags: 17
Highest AACS version: 61

LibreDrive Information
Drive platform: MT1959
Firmware type: Original (unpatched)
Firmware version: 1.00
DVD all regions: Yes
BD raw data read: Yes
BD raw metadata read: Yes
Unrestricted read speed: Yes

No slim drives works with AnyDVD. Sorry.

Ok thanks.

I will just MakeMKV for now. It basically does what I want and allows me to put our 4K UHDs on family NAS. As a side note I see that DeUHD claims to be able to rip all uhds now. Haven't tried their demo yet.

What I do with my bu40n since it's the most reliable drive there is, is to make protected ISO's following this process:

• Exit AnyDVD
  • Load MakeMKV
  • Insert the disc you want to make an ISO of
  • Allow MakeMKV to scan the disc. You will either get to the title selection screen if the disc is supported, or it'll create a dump file for MakeMKV and bring you back to the main screen if it's not. Either is fine for this exercise.
  • DO NOT eject the disc at this point. You may leave MakeMKV open exactly where it is for now.
  • Load ImgBurn
  • Read disc to image
Once the ISO is created, you can then exit ImgBurn, exit MakeMKV, and eject the disc. Mount the protected ISO with virtual clonedrive and AnyDVD will work on the mounted image.

Tried this twice with UHD In the Heights. rebooted to make sure nothing was getting stuck. Drive is patched as libre to

Drive Information
OS device name: H:
Manufacturer: HL-DT-ST
Product: BD-RE BU40N
Revision: 1.03
Serial number:
Firmware date: 2118-10-24 19:34
Bus encryption flags: 17
Highest AACS version: 76

LibreDrive Information
Drive platform: MT1959
Firmware type: Patched (microcode access re-enabled)
Firmware version: 1.03
DVD all regions: Yes
BD raw data read: Yes
BD raw metadata read: Yes
Unrestricted read speed: Yes

No disc inserted

When I mount the iso made with MakeMV/ ImgBurn into virtual close drive AnyDVD says

Summary for drive G: (AnyDVD HD 8.5.7.0, BDPHash.bin 20-03-11)
ELBY CLONEDRIVE 1.4
Drive (Hardware) Region: 1
Current profile: BD-R
Media is a Blu-ray disc.

Total size: 47093600 sectors (91979 MBytes)
Video Blu-ray label: IN_THE_HEIGHTS
Media is AACS protected!
AACS MKB version 76
Disc wants bus encryption!
UHD Blu-ray disc.
couldn't retrieve AGID!
Cannot process request at this moment, please try again later!
ERROR processing Blu-ray disc!

I'm new to this forum - I'm also having a BU40N - so this drive won't work at all? What is it about the patching? Flashing a different Firmware? Would that help?
Any recommendations for a drive that works with AnyDVD?
Thanks

I sent you to this particular thread to read post number 4. This drive will not work directly with AnyDVD, no. I personally read all my discs to protected ISO and work from the ISO to ensure I get a good read from the disc. Using the steps in post 4 you can create a protected ISO that can then be used with AnyDVD.

As for flashing, there is no firmware for this drive that will make it UHD friendly.

Now if you want a drive that can work directly with AnyDVD, you'll need a UHD Friendly drive. There are a bunch of those both from LG and ASUS. I mentioned looking in the CD/DVD/BD section of the forum to get an idea of what friendly drives are out there.

Back