• AnyStream is having some DRM issues currently, Netflix is not available in HD for the time being.
    Situations like this will always happen with AnyStream: streaming providers are continuously improving their countermeasures while we try to catch up, it's an ongoing cat-and-mouse game. Please be patient and don't flood our support or forum with requests, we are working on it 24/7 to get it resolved. Thank you.

Problems ordering on the 28th

sunqan

Hi,
I tried to order anystream plus on the 28th, and ran into the same problems as a few others have reported.
I got timeouts and various other strange errors, and your web site was unavalable for a while. I tried to do the purchase a few times (using different browsers and cards), but finally it looked as if the purchase sort of succeeded...

upload_2021-10-30_1-46-29.png

but I have not received any confirmation, and there is no sign of the transactions in my internet bank.
As you apparently don't use 3d secure, I have to open my card for "unsafe" internet purchases for 60 minutes and also allow world wide purchases, I did not do that for the first transactions, but for the last. (how the h... shoud I know that it is needed ;-/) This means that if your attempt to charge my card failed when the 60 minutes were gone, the payment would have vailed

but as I haven't seen any mail at all from you (I have checked my junk mail as well), I am starting to wonder what is the status of my order? should I retry it now that your webshop is feeling better?

regards,
Anders

Hi,
I tried to order anystream plus on the 28th, and ran into the same problems as a few others have reported.
I got timeouts and various other strange errors, and your web site was unavalable for a while. I tried to do the purchase a few times (using different browsers and cards), but finally it looked as if the purchase sort of succeeded...

View attachment 60390

but I have not received any confirmation, and there is no sign of the transactions in my internet bank.
As you apparently don't use 3d secure, I have to open my card for "unsafe" internet purchases for 60 minutes and also allow world wide purchases, I did not do that for the first transactions, but for the last. (how the h... shoud I know that it is needed ;-/) This means that if your attempt to charge my card failed when the 60 minutes were gone, the payment would have vailed

but as I haven't seen any mail at all from you (I have checked my junk mail as well), I am starting to wonder what is the status of my order? should I retry it now that your webshop is feeling better?

regards,
Anders
Since it's the weekend, I'd drop a message to Support on Monday so that someone can respond to you.

:)

Thanks a lot @sunqan for your detailed report, this helps me a lot to investigate this issue. Indeed, some (5-10% ) customers purchases are getting stuck "in progress" and we did not find out yet the reason for it.

I tried to do the purchase a few times (using different browsers and cards),
Did you really tried a several times? I only found 2 other purchase attempts with a different email address from 2017 (AnyDVD HD, one failed, one success).

As you apparently don't use 3d secure
3Dv2 is mandatory and we cannot even accept payments without 3D secure.

Let me explain how (not only) our credit card payment works:
  • Once a customer submitted last step of checkout, we contact our payment service provider (PSP) "Hi, we have a new transaction here, what's next?".
  • According to your BIN (bank identification number, the first digits of your credit card number, see https://binlist.net/), the PSP is contacting via his acquiring gateway provider and Visa/Mastercard circuit the card issuing bank, telling them all transaction details (merchant, customer, amount, etc): "Hi, we have a new transaction here, we support 3Dv2, what's next?".
  • Card issuing bank replies
    "Your merchants country is blocked" or
    "Client has no money" or
    "Customer has not set up 3Dv2" or
    "....." or
    when we are all lucky:
    "Nice, everything looks got, please send the customer for 3Dv2 authorization to "https....."
  • Once we get the feedback through the whole chain (reminds me of children's game Chinese whispers) with 3Dv2 link, we redirect you with JavaScript to your banks 3Dv2 URL.
In your case everything was fine and checking our logs, we redirected you to seb......com, the 3Dv2 service provider of your bank. After this nothing happened.
Obviously you did not get redirected correctly and there everything got stuck and failed finally (even if our PSP did not inform us yet, but this is a bug they have to fix).
So I have to find out, why redirect in your case did not work. Maybe a Javascript blocker or some other browser security tool?

Could you please try again with less browser paranoia? You should get redirected for 3Dv2 instantly.

but as I haven't seen any mail at all from you
Correct, we got no updated information on your transaction, we are still waiting for 3Dv2 auth or timeout from our PSP

RedFox never sleeps. We are working 365/24/7. :coolman:

Depending on your time zone and language, our response time could be up to 12 hours - but normally within 30 minutes.
@Ivan you still need to get a good night's sleep though.

:)

Glad to see Support on the job though.

Reactions: DQ
Ok.
Thank you for explaining your side of the transaction.

In 2017 i bought an anydvd hd license,at that time i used as.*m@o*k.com.
I know there were some issues with vis or mastercard back then.

This time I started in chrime with visa, and it failed twice (ended up in some error page). I then tried firefox with visa, same thing. Then chrome with mastercard, aäthis time you went off the air for a long time (hour rather than minutes), an by off the air i mean that redfox.bz was giving a timeout. When you finally came back, i used mastercard again, opened my card for non3dsecure worldwide. And got to the point of my screenshot above... 3d secure payments normally end up in a swedish web page prompting me to enter my swedish ssn, and it then asks me to start the electronic identification software (bankid) where i am prompted with the payment details and asked to sign using biometrics or a pin code. Once that is done the payment is allowed, the requestor is notified and continues to process the transaction. This happens regardless of where the seller is.

You apparently had some problem that afternoon (my last attempt was from around 1538 cest). But since you say that you got no completion, and I see no trace of a reservation/purchase in my bank I will lake another attempt. (trying to make their support people figure out what, if anything, happened is too challenging... especially if they have to check with visa or master card...) now I know that opening up fir worldwide usage should be enough (there is no time limit on that privilegenlevel)

Indeed, Oct 28 around 14:00-16:00 CEST, the data center of our shop server reported some "minor" (they would never call them major) routing issues, so some of orders ended up even before checkout could be completed. Maybe there was another "break" when we tried to redirect you - this would be a good explanation for the problems you experienced.

Could you try to order again?

Indeed, Oct 28 around 14:00-16:00 CEST, the data center of our shop server reported some "minor" (they would never call them major) routing issues, so some of orders ended up even before checkout could be completed. Maybe there was another "break" when we tried to redirect you - this would be a good explanation for the problems you experienced.

Could you try to order again?

I will. (Tomorrow)

(If seb*.com are who I think they are I think I'll ask their network support if there were any issues on the 28th, when I see him)

I am still checking our logs and as more as I check them, as more Í am convinced that it was a simple coincidence with a network time out. Nothing to do 3Dv2, no country blocking, no magic at all. Just network issues...

I am still checking our logs and as more as I check them, as more Í am convinced that it was a simple coincidence with a network time out. Nothing to do 3Dv2, no country blocking, no magic at all. Just network issues...
interestingly enough I got this mail from RedFox Shop <orders@redfox.bz> at 2056 cest:

Dear A***** S*****,

Unfortunately we have to inform you that the transaction could not be processed. The failure was accompanied by the following error message:

Payment P..-..W for Order O**-*** over 127.20 EUR Reference

#20*452 has failed: -37: 3DS timeout

Your card issuing bank has refused our charge. Please, call them and tell them to accept charges from 'https://emea01.safelinks.protection.outlook.com/?url=a horrendously logn urls that I really would not want to read to anyone...' in Latvia. Your card issuer will lift this restriction when you tell them to do so.

Once your card issuer has white-listed us, go to our website and re-order.

Sincerely,
Your RedFox Team

the mangled url is 380 (three hundred and eighty) characters long. and somehow I doubt that the contents of this mail is what it was supposed to be.. I think that your system is doing things behind your back. if I would call my issuing bank and read them the url in the mail, it would not make sense unless they tried to access it. and unless they do that sandboxed, they would not. (and neither would I)

I will try to order again later today using my two cards, and if that fails I expect a more informative mail from you than today's mail.

Was your system down a while on thursday? as I said, I got timeouts accesing it (ie NOT just when trying to pay) I had severaltimeouts trying to pay, but your site was unreachable for a while as well.

Last edited by a moderator:
interestingly enough I got this mail from RedFox Shop <orders@redfox.bz> at 2056 cest:
Yep. We implemented a workaround for hanging orders: If we don't "hear" anything from PSP within 10min after 3Dv2 redirect, we mark the trx as failed and inform our clients with a standard message "don't blame us, blame your bank" :)
You've got this message the minute we implemented the change.

Please, call them and tell them to accept charges from 'https://emea01.safelinks.protection.outlook.com/?url=a horrendously logn urls that I really would not want to read to anyone...' in Latvia.
This funny URL comes from your email provider outlook.com, which changes our simple URL into a "safe" MS-approved URL. Don't blame us, blame MS :)

Was your system down a while on thursday?
Not down, but data center had routing issues with backbone

Last edited:
Yep. We implemented a workaround for hanging orders: If we don't "hear" anything from PSP within 10min after 3Dv2 redirect, we mark the trx as failed and inform our clients with a standard message "don't blame us, blame your bank" :)
You've got this message the minute we implemented the change.

This funny URL comes from your email provider outlook.com, which changes our simple URL into a "safe" MS-approved URL. Don't blame us, blame MS :)

Not down, but data center had routing issues with backbone

I know that ms does that, but I have no idea how to make anything out of the link. Is it nun****.net, www.nun****.net or http://www.nun****.net/ that is the name of the company? Or should I click it?

And why not supply a link to a page on your own website, that holds the explanation? Ie "go to https://redfox.bz/paymentfailure-3 for information..." That way you don't have to deal with stupid questions from your customers :) or why not simply use a more simplistic notation like "www dot nun**** dot net in latvia" after all, you are asking your customer to read a text to the first line support at the bank, you are not asking your customer to provide a url to them.

all 3 nun**** domains you listed are the same website. It's just a display thing. The actual company listed can vary between regions. Now as to HOW it's displayed in that ms: url that's nothing redfox can control, that's a microsoft (outlook) thing and the way they parse urls.

all 3 nun**** domains you listed are the same website. It's just a display thing. The actual company listed can vary between regions. Now as to HOW it's displayed in that ms: url that's nothing redfox can control, that's a microsoft (outlook) thing and the way they parse urls.

I thought the mail was for the benefit of your customer :) How is anyone going to know what to tell the people at the bank's 1st line? I made a suggestion with two more user friendly alternatives. the first alternative was, of course, intended to have separate info pages per company used to make the payment. if you have 10 companies that you use - just have ten different urls pointing to your own website.

and oh - I re did the order, using the same card as I did with my 2017 purchase (I opened it for worldwide payments first), this time it went straight to the normal 3d secure handling, and I was promped to pick an identification method, and then to sign the request. I more or less immediately received the license info and the receipt - thank you.

Of course the Microsoft url treatment was applied here as well. so may I make yet a suggestion to increase the user friendliness of all of this... why not place the "Please note that '...' will appear on your credit card statement" in either of the two attached files (txt or pdf)?

-anders

not my customers ;) i don't work for redfox. Now all people usually need to say to their bank is "i have a foreign transaction incoming, let it through" and perhaps the transaction ID of the failed one. Glad your next attempt made it through ;)

Back