• AnyStream is having some DRM issues currently, Netflix is not available in HD for the time being.
    Situations like this will always happen with AnyStream: streaming providers are continuously improving their countermeasures while we try to catch up, it's an ongoing cat-and-mouse game. Please be patient and don't flood our support or forum with requests, we are working on it 24/7 to get it resolved. Thank you.

problem with windows 10

lanthalas

Hi,
I performed a fresh instal of W10 on my PC and instal anydvd HD. everythings ok.

But the following problem occurs several times : I inserted a dvd in my DVD reader, it is correctly see by windows (bitdefender scan the disk), but when I try to rip the movie, anydvd say there is no disk in the dvd reader. I have to uninstal, and then instal again, to make it works ok.

I encountered too an other problem : windows didn't see the dvd reader. I had to edit the register, find the dvd key and suppress the lowfilter key. And the lowfilter was set to "anydvd".....

Any ideas???

Thanks

Phil

Hi,
I performed a fresh instal of W10 on my PC and instal anydvd HD. everythings ok.

But the following problem occurs several times : I inserted a dvd in my DVD reader, it is correctly see by windows (bitdefender scan the disk), but when I try to rip the movie, anydvd say there is no disk in the dvd reader. I have to uninstal, and then instal again, to make it works ok.

I encountered too an other problem : windows didn't see the dvd reader. I had to edit the register, find the dvd key and suppress the lowfilter key. And the lowfilter was set to "anydvd".....

Any ideas???

Thanks

Phil

I had the same Windows 10 issues. Have you installed all Windows 10 updates?

After installing/uninstalling AnyDvdHD a few times PLUS installing all Windows 10 updates I no longer had problems with AnyDvdHD "seeing" blu rays or dvds.

I also had to edit the registry on my HP desktop in order for it to "see" my LG burner after installing Windows 10.

As far as I could check, my W10 updates are ok. No new updates to download. Problem seems to disapear too... Wait and see :)

Windows 10 (Threshold 2) new build is being released on the 10th of this month. It comes as a Service pack or a Cumulative Update for Windows 10, alot of the small bugs should be fixed, personally I dont have any issues, so I am looking forward to this new build.

Problem is confirmed....
The afternoon, after ripping 6 DVD, on the 7 one i was no longer able to see the DVD either in windows or any DVD or PowerDDVD. I had to supress low filter again from registry, uninstal anyDVD, then I was able to read again with powerdvd, then install again anydvd, and then i can rip the dvd correctly.

I dont know if it's a W10 problem, but there is defenitely a problem running anydvdHD on W10

I have a similar problem with AnyDVD HD version 7.6.5.0. I upgraded from Windows 7 to 10 (both Professional 64-bit), and it went smoothly until I tried using the optical drive, an LG WH14NS40.

In my situation, I can't even get to the point of trying to rip a disk because Windows doesn't recognize that there's a disk in the drive when AnyDVD HD is running. AnyDVD HD gives me the usual scanning messages in the Notification Tray and mid-screen window, but when it's done, either Windows ejects the disk, opens File Manager and says there's no disk in the drive, or it just sits there until I eject the disk, at which time Windows opens File Manager and says there's no disk in the drive.

Through all of this, the drive has appeared in the Device Manager so Windows is seeing the drive. I put my W7 SSD back in the machine and everything works perfectly, so the drive has not gone bad.

In Windows 10, when I disable AnyDVD HD the drive works properly. I uninstalled the software, rebooted, reinstalled the software and rebooted again, but the problem persists.

Windows Update reports that Windows 10 is up to date.

In earlier posts of this thread there were mentions of altering the Registry key for the optical drive, but my drive is recognized -- it simply won't work with AnyDVD HD enabled.

Any suggestions would be greatly appreciated.

Last edited:
Some added weirdness, which I hope provides a clue as to what's going on:

This evening I tried it again with two different BDs, and the same thing happened as before. I checked the AnyDVD HD settings, and each time it displayed the name of the disk I had placed in the drive, so the software was reading the file, but Windows continued to respond as if the disk weren't there.

Although it's been clear since the W10 upgrade that the optical drive letter is E, I decided to check Disk Management once more, and as soon as it displayed the disks in my PC, Windows recognized the disk and responded with AutoPlay. I played the disk for a bit and moved around through chapters, and it seemed to be all right. I then tried it with the other disk, and got the same results: AnyDVD HD scanned the disk but got no response from Windows until I opened Disk Management, at which time Windows recognized the disk. I opened BDClone and the disk appeared there, too. I'll try a rip tomorrow.

Although the fix is for optical drives that just don't show up, I tried deleting the upperfilders and lowerfilters from the following registry entry:

HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\SYSTEM\CurrentControlSet\Control\Class\{4D36E965-E325-11CE-BFC1-08002BE10318}

When I rebooted, I got a message from AnyDVD HD advising to reboot, uninstall the software, reboot, reinstall the software, and reboot once again. I did all of this and the results are the same.

On a whim, I typed E: (the optical drive's letter) in the Search Windows field, and when I hit Enter the optical drive was recognized and worked as it should. It's faster than opening Disk Management, but it's still not quite there.

Is it possible that another AnyDVD HD update is needed for Windows 10? I'm just asking.

Just FYI, I updated the firmware for the drive, and it had no effect on this problem. It could be that new firmware is needed for Windows 10; LG's OS list stops at 8.1, but I gave it a shot.

Firmware has ZERO effect at the OS level. Firmware is used on a drive to add support for new blank discs, update burn/read strategy's. You're confusing an optical drive DRIVER which lets the drive work with Windows (and which hasn't changed since XP, is a generic driver that works with all drives) with drive FIRMWARE which tells the drive how to handle specific disc types.

Verstuurd vanaf mijn Nexus 7 met Tapatalk

Thank you, but I'm not confused about drivers and firmware. I know the difference, but the drive works just fine when AnyDVD isn't running, so it's unlikely that the driver is the problem. And the drive works with AnyDVD running if I "goose" it by opening Disk Management or typing D: in the Search field and hitting Enter.

It seems clear that the problem is related to the W10 upgrade, along the lines of Windows/AnyDVD incompatibility or corruption of a file, registry entry, or both. I just haven't found it yet. As I noted in my last post, "I gave [firmware] a shot."

I just ran a clean installation of Windows 10 on a new SSD. When it completed, I tested the BD drive to make sure it worked, and then, before I did anything else, I installed AnyDVD HD. Unfortunately, it didn't help. If AnyDVD is disabled, Windows sees the disk and displays it in File Explorer (it doesn't default to an app yet because 10 doesn't come with one, and I haven't installed one yet). If AnyDVD is enabled, Windows will do as I mentioned above.

On a hunch, I disabled AnyDVD, inserted a disk, waited for Windows to respond and display it in File Explorer. When I enabled AnyDVD, Windows suddenly acted as if the disk wasn't there.

I contacted Slysoft, and their rep advised by email that AnyDVD (HD) is licensed for Windows 10 by Microsoft, so it should work. The rep asked if I'm using Classic Shell; I was using it with 7 (no problems) but I hadn't yet installed it in 10, and advised the rep of that. While waiting for a response, I installed Classic Shell to see if it makes any difference, but it doesn't.

Since apps that ran on 7 mostly work well with 10, I'm getting the feeling that there's a setting or service unique to 10 that's hanging things up. I have no idea what it might be, though.

I found a DVD burner I haven't used for a while. It's on the old side, but Windows still recognizes it, and it doesn't make any difference. Since this happens with the upgrade and clean installations, and since AnyDVD is reporting that it sees and has processed the disk, there must be something in 10 that's reacting poorly to AnyDVD.

Is anyone using AnyDVD (HD) successfully with Windows 10?

Some new information: If Windows 10 doesn't eject the disk, it will respond to the disk after AnyDVD has scanned it, but it takes longer than it did with 7. On my computer it's roughly 1 minute 10 seconds after the scan is completed. Windows will still eject the disk on occasion, so all is not well, but I haven't found an answer yet. (The tricks for getting Windows to recognize the optical drive don't work, but they don't really apply to my problem.)

Last edited:
I got some feedback from a Slysoft tech support rep, which is to set all AutoPlay options to "do nothing" (as opposed to choosing an app) to prevent other software from trying to access the optical drive (AnyDVD is not among the options). "Do nothing" doesn't decrease the delay between AnyDVD's scan and Windows recognizing the disk, but so far Windows isn't trying to ejecting the disk, so that's an improvement.

BTW, you may be aware that Microsoft didn't carry Windows Media Center (and its Player) over from previous versions, but instead wrote a new app called Windows DVD Player. This new player is sold (yes, sold) in their app store for $14.99 USD, but Microsoft has been quietly delivering it to some users during the upgrade. When I chose that app in AutoPlay, Windows would almost always eject the disk. I uninstalled the app because I have no use for it (I have PowerDVD and VLC) but I thought this would be useful information for others here.

If someone has a problem with AnyDVD and WIndows 10 - PLEASE post an AnyDVD logfile with a disc in the drive HERE.
I am the one, who has to fix problems. Not tech support.

Some general advice for Windows 10:
1.) If you have a Panasonic (Matsushita) drive, set the drive region code! Even if you never want to read a DVD.
2.) Avoid the INTEL Rapid Storage (RAID) driver fro optical discs. Set your SATA port NOT to RAID, but AHCI and use the driver which ships with Windows 10.

If someone has a problem with AnyDVD and WIndows 10 - PLEASE post an AnyDVD logfile with a disc in the drive HERE.
I am the one, who has to fix problems. Not tech support.

James, I apologize. I'm new here and wasn't seeing any answers, so I used the contact form on the main Slysoft website. I'll keep all future posts here.

Meanwhile, I'm adding a logfile to this post, as you requested.

(BTW, when I requested a logfile, AnyDVD scanned the disk a second time. That's not a problem, but it continued scanning after creating the logfile, with the Notification Tray bubble blinking on and off rapidly, as if the scan were stuck in a loop. I was able to open the tray, so no harm was done, but I hadn't seen this before and thought I'd pass it along.)

Some general advice for Windows 10:
1.) If you have a Panasonic (Matsushita) drive, set the drive region code! Even if you never want to read a DVD.
2.) Avoid the INTEL Rapid Storage (RAID) driver fro optical discs. Set your SATA port NOT to RAID, but AHCI and use the driver which ships with Windows 10.

Thanks! My drive is an LG WH14NS40, but I set the region code some time ago. Leaving the code blank under Win7 was okay for DVDs, but not so much for BDs until I set the code. And I uninstalled Intel Rapid Storage completely a while ago, as it was interfering with hard drive hotswaps. I'm currently using standard SATA drivers with AHCI set in the BIOS.

Attachments

• AnyDVD_7.6.5.0_Info_Z_ON HER MAJESTY_S SCRT SRVC.ziplog
    1,018.4 KB · Views: 3
Hi Chris,

Thanks! My drive is an LG WH14NS40, but I set the region code some time ago. Leaving the code blank under Win7 was okay for DVDs, but not so much for BDs until I set the code. And I uninstalled Intel Rapid Storage completely a while ago, as it was interfering with hard drive hotswaps. I'm currently using standard SATA drivers with AHCI set in the BIOS.

According to the logfile, you are NOT using standard AHCI drivers for your drive:
Code:
------------------------------------------------------------

IDE controllers:

here they should be!

Z:\ -> \Device\CdRom0

\DosDevices\Z:\ -> SCSI\CdRom&Ven_HL-DT-ST&Prod_BD-RE__WH14NS40\4&4dda929&3&020000

This should be something like

Code:

Z:\ -> \Device\CdRom0\DosDevices\Z:\ -> IDE\...

Please check in device manager.

Thanks, James -- I was obviously mistaken about that. But I can't find a driver other than the one that Windows installs for my optical drive, and from what I can find from searching, this drive does not work in AHCI mode. LG doesn't supply a driver (only firmware), which means that I have no choice but to use IDE, unless I buy a new drive that works in AHCI mode. I took a look at the BIOS, and it's set to "AHCI and legacy" or words to that effect.

But my search also turned up the opinion that optical drives don't benefit from AHCI mode -- not to question your advice, just noting a different opinion.

Although it looks like the problem is pretty much cleared -- there's just the 1:10 delay between AnyDVD and Windows seeing the disk -- I don't see how the problem is rooted in the SATA mode. There was no such delay under Win7 with the same hardware and software, and if I disable AnyDVD in Win10, Windows will have the disk ready to go in about 15 seconds.

Thanks, James -- I was obviously mistaken about that. But I can't find a driver other than the one that Windows installs for my optical drive, and from what I can find from searching, this drive does not work in AHCI mode. LG doesn't supply a driver (only firmware), which means that I have no choice but to use IDE, unless I buy a new drive that works in AHCI mode. I took a look at the BIOS, and it's set to "AHCI and legacy" or words to that effect.

But my search also turned up the opinion that optical drives don't benefit from AHCI mode -- not to question your advice, just noting a different opinion.

Although it looks like the problem is pretty much cleared -- there's just the 1:10 delay between AnyDVD and Windows seeing the disk -- I don't see how the problem is rooted in the SATA mode. There was no such delay under Win7 with the same hardware and software, and if I disable AnyDVD in Win10, Windows will have the disk ready to go in about 15 seconds.
Just post another logfile after your changes. The 1:10 delay is not AnyDVD scanning?

Back