problem with subtitles

Discussion in 'Third Party Products' started by redkitten, May 30, 2007.

1. redkitten

redkitten New Member

I also have had problems with subtitles. For the movies Apocalypto, Pan's Labyrinth, and Volver.....the subtitles never transfer, no matter what I try. And they won't play on either my dvd player or xbox360 (all other movies have worked in these players). I can only play them on my PC, but without subtitles. I can go to the movie menu on PC and click on engish subtitles, but it doesn't work for any of the movies. I do not use clonedvd, instead I use nero smart start. I don't compress anything , just use DVD+R DL discs. I normally do not rip first....I just let anydvd run in background while I use nero to burn it. Although with Pan's Labyrinth I did try right clicking on fox icon in toolbar, then ripping to hard drive (put on desktop) then burning it with nero. But I got the same result as all the other tries. What am I doing wrong? Please help :)

2. redkitten

redkitten New Member

problems with subtitles

I also have had problems with subtitles. For the movies Apocalypto, Pan's Labyrinth, and Volver.....the subtitles never transfer, no matter what I try. And they won't play on either my dvd player or xbox360 (all other movies have worked in these players). I can only play them on my PC, but without subtitles. I can go to the movie menu on PC and click on engish subtitles, but it doesn't work for any of the movies. I do not use clonedvd, instead I use nero smart start. I don't compress anything , just use DVD+R DL discs. I normally do not rip first....I just let anydvd run in background while I use nero to burn it. Although with Pan's Labyrinth I did try right clicking on fox icon in toolbar, then ripping to hard drive (put on desktop) then burning it with nero. But I got the same result as all the other tries. What am I doing wrong? Please help.

3. Webslinger

Webslinger Retired Moderator

Use this method instead

4. Webslinger

Webslinger Retired Moderator

And do not post about the exact same issue in separate threads please. :policeman:

5. redkitten

redkitten New Member

thanks

thanks, i'll try that.....sorry about the double posting, i'm a newbie to forums.