• AnyStream is having some DRM issues currently, Netflix is not available in HD for the time being.
    Situations like this will always happen with AnyStream: streaming providers are continuously improving their countermeasures while we try to catch up, it's an ongoing cat-and-mouse game. Please be patient and don't flood our support or forum with requests, we are working on it 24/7 to get it resolved. Thank you.

problem with Senna dvd

not for a disc that dates back to august last year. Exchange the disc

Heh?

And in case you've forgotten. It has been copy protection every time for the last 2years

In case you've missed it, most read errors are indeed ERRORS. I admit, sometime this is premature but where are you reading that every read error is a protection?
You're on a no-bad-disc kick and it's obvious.

Anyway. No biggy. It copies with movie only anyway

In Canada it came out last week. It's a brand new disc
And I'm not on a no bad disc kick. I'm on a verify before throwing up your hands and saying bad disc, then being wrong every tie kick

Came out march 6 2012 in north America (last week)
Canada and united states

It's always more likely to be a bad disk than anything else - by a wide margin too.
Of course this likelihood is somewhat mitigated by a few factors: The newness of the release, the importance of the title, and the name of the studio that released it.
Setting the AI scanner to "always enabled" (as James said several posts ago) can help sort out the difference. (just remember to change it back after)
-W

So set to always enabled then create log file?

Anyway. No biggy. It copies with movie only anyway

If this really would be some "elaborate active cloak stealth protection technology(tm)", it would be increadibly stupid to *not* protect the main movie, don't you think?

I'll try it. What does always enabled do?

Same error with always enabled on
Went to 94percent

If this really would be some "elaborate active cloak stealth protection technology(tm)", it would be increadibly stupid to *not* protect the main movie, don't you think?

Am I missing something? Or don't they often put the protection in the menus or special features ? I'm sure I've seen that many times. No?

American version of Senna worked!

I successfully copied the Region 1 American (1-Disc) version (with the movie AND all the Extras) using AnyDVD 7.0.0.8 with the default settings (thus AI Scanner was set to Automatic) and the Aggressive I/O box was left unchecked.

I also noticed that the Canadian (also Region 1) 1-Disc version of Senna (which I don't have) has a different UPC and slightly different cover art (perhaps that version has more defective discs being circulated than the American version I used).

Extra (unrelated) note: Mongrel Media's Canadian DVD/Blu-ray releases are often missing some of the American extras (or occasionally they also add different extras and/or a French Language audio track, instead of keeping a Commentary or second English audio track that is on the American version) whenever they change the American cover art of a DVD or Blu-ray.

I don't know if the OP used the Canadian version that was apparently released by Mongrel Media (or even if there are any content differences), but I used this American version (UPC: 796019824651):

USA version: http://www.dvdempire.com/Exec/v4_item.asp?item_id=1604863

Vroom! 8)

View attachment AnyDVD_7.0.0.8_Info_F_SENNA.zip

So I may have my first deffective disc. However the title that won't copy plays on my DVD player. So wouldn't this be the ultimate copy protection?
Isn't this the goal of copy protection? Plays but won't copy

Accidentallly on purpose

I suppose that if every version of Senna had a minor manufacturing error/defect that was located in an insignificant location on each disc (that would never actually be accessed for viewing), so that you couldn't copy the entire disc (but could still play it on the device of your choice), that would be very clever.

However, these "defects" that we all eventually encounter are just "happy accidents." You may not be happy, but the studio probably is (as long as most people don't try to return the discs for a refund or replacement). I have to assume that it's much too difficult and risky to go out of your way to manufacture discs with errors on them because it's more likely than not to cause problems for some of the many different devices that the product is supposed to work with.

Written copy protections are easier to duplicate, and if it wasn't for Slysoft (and other imitators), these so-called "copy protections" would be good enough to stop most of us from making any backups.

Cinavia and the constant firmware updates required for Blu-ray players (to play various new releases) are already annoying enough.

Note to self: The word accidentally only has two l's.

Last edited:
I don't have a opinion on this disc issue of the OP's one way or another, but I thought I would add this info on Playing vs. Reading a DVD, and let the OP decide what to believe.

Back