• AnyStream is having some DRM issues currently, Netflix is not available in HD for the time being.
    Situations like this will always happen with AnyStream: streaming providers are continuously improving their countermeasures while we try to catch up, it's an ongoing cat-and-mouse game. Please be patient and don't flood our support or forum with requests, we are working on it 24/7 to get it resolved. Thank you.

Problem with Disks Playing (Bug Report)

Possible as well hence why I wanted to try it on a PS3. I think I have a friend with one who wouldnt mind trying it out for me.

Just strange its only part of the time AND so far only with Paramount Films high end (Box office hits).

So to me its not the structure as it is the company which moves back to encryption or structure as well. Im not as good nor even claim to be as good as the designers/programmers so I cant be 100% most of my ideas are very educated guesses right now.

Also Id think if it was more of a broad based problem with structure and Xboxes we would see more problems with other disks but out of 300+ DVDs in my collection (took a new count this morning :D man me and the family love movies) only these three I have to use "Movie Only" since it wouldnt back up my originals 100% and play on my choice system. While not a problem for some as stated I want a full backup since I paid 20-30 for these movies at Wally world.

Also we as a whole paid for the program to back it up correctly not have the statements of "Well do this this this and this and sometimes this to get maybe this" just to have the end result when peoples regular copy pastes dont work to go "Well its not really a problem since majority dont mind only having it halfway work" (thing to note While im not complaining since I have an idea of how hard it is to program for everything/platform/Systems its still a valid concern with a "Paid" program. Free Programs people get what they paid for ;) Also Im not demanding a fix just trying to help solve a problem. Its all we need is loss of revenue since it has a bug or isnt backing up correct and a potential client goes and DLs another program which doesnt have this issue. Im a loyalist to my AnyDVD and CloneDVD :) ).

Also another Idea is maybe when it removes the CW from the Disk its not restructuring it and only with this particular CW. As stated this is a guess since I dont know how its removing them. This may be just enough to "Confuse" the Game Systems from Reading it.

**Note Once again Im not complaining just trying to figure a problem out (Put this in twice to stop any flame posts of "Stop complaining it works for me so your problem is moot"). Last thanks to those who are trying to help maybe we can figure it out. Im weird but its kinda fun to solve as a problem and to see what the end result was/is **

TL : DR
-Still think its Paramount pictures "Encryption"
-Still a problem
-Hoping someone with a PS3 has tried it out and can give feedback for a more timely "narrow it down" group of information.
-Also another idea is when its Scrubbed its confusing the DVD drive in the Game system.

Sorry James just posted to the other response. Yes they all three play fine.

Just to try something I went and got "Case 39" While not Paramount it was "Paramount Vantage Production Company" no rocket science as to who is the parent company ;)

Same thing happened.

Disks having this problem now:

Case 39
Dinner for Schmucks
Ironman 2
Last Airbender

All from Paramount or branch of Paramount (yes yes it is Paramount but I added it was "Paramount Vantage" for the nit pickers ;) ).

Man this research is costing me a pretty penny :)

The original works in all of my Xboxes and DVD players. The Backup Only works in Regular players.

Same problem

This is the same problem I'm having. Have you found a for sure resolution to this problem? If so, please post it.

None by me Ive tried quite a few workarounds but nothing has come to pass.

I will keep trying and if something does come from it I will post the resolution as always. I dont hoard facts or help...its just not me.

The thing though is Im thinking it will take the smarter guys to figure this one out and James has posted so he is aware of the problem but will be in his court of games as to whether they will look into it or not.

As with anything it does take time for research to be done and codes to be looked into. I have faith in them though they will knock this out and consider it a small distraction while if I was to look into the code Id feel like I would be buried alive. :)

My code is more along PHP and VBA as well as a few other languages. So I doubt Id be any help in this matter. To be honest I have never looked into the code so I have no clue. :D

Not solved yet
James is my hero
I havent found any workarounds

True just having "Main Movie" does work. Then again its like saying I bought a car but need to push it instead of having the full features. :)

Just Sayin

To answer the question asked though I have tried it with both +/- and single/dual as well as a mix of those same combos of disks.

If you are using a dual layer blank and want a full disc, you have no reason to use CloneDVD as it is a reauthoring program. Use the 1:1 ISO method; use ImgBurn.

Also, there is no reason to use two layer DVD-R discs. It's a useless format. Stick to DVD+R for DL.

Try the copy made with ImgBurn on the Xbox 360. Does it work? If so, then the problem is with CloneDVD. If not, the problem is with AnyDVD.

Thanks for the help as well. Mostly I dont use anything but +R media BUT when researching a problem you have to rule out "All" things not just one preferred type. I didnt want that to come back and bite me as over looked.

To also say I only used CloneDVD is another oversight ive seen on my part of explaining. While Yes I am a loyalist I did try other "Back up" programs. I will not list them since Im also not asking for their help nor will advertise their names but im sure most all know the big 5 names of doing this.

As for 1:1 this is what I tried with the DL disks and mixture of programs as well as just AnyDVD. Seems the only similarity is AnyDVD and Paramount (For now).

I wont be back at the house to experiment for a while so hopefully one of the other two posters or the couple dozen who emailed me will try out some ideas in my absence. If not no worries I'll be back home soon enough to try out more ideas if needed.

Yes I did try
Wont be back
Still a Bug with the 360 and full backups not Movie only
Multiple backup programs with the same problem

True just having "Main Movie" does work. Then again its like saying I bought a car but need to push it instead of having the full features. :)

Just Sayin

Agreed.
I was just noting that saying "no workarounds work" smacks as disingenuous.

Most people are in it for the main movie - because so called "bonus features" are usually lame anyways.

All that said.... the problem is at least fascinating... unlike 99% of them reported.

-W

Agreed hence why I felt it a Bug and not a "OMG problem and the world coming to an end" type thing. Its just a bug but one that some would go overboard on and Id be at fault if I didnt report it AND help in trying to solve it.

I think I have tried everything except looking into the code which I wont do since its not my code. Plus I may be lost until I learned it. I just hope this is solved soon.

Do any think ive missed something even small?

You did try a rip with just AnyDVD - then burn to a DVD+R DL with only IMGBURN - right?

That would pretty much isolate AnyDVD from the rest of the world.

-W

When I get back to the house I will again just to be sure I didnt taint the results. If you were to ask me now id have to say yes but I want to redo it to be sure nothing else was used

I would try it both ways;
Rip to IMAGE with AnyDVD and burn.
Rip to FOLDER with AnyDVD and burn.

Just to see if there's a difference and what.

-W

Wont be back for almost a week but when I get back home and try both ways I will update the post with results. Unless one of these other two who posted are able to help and try it out before then.

Got back home and Tried a new start to finish with the Imgburn like asked with same result.

Any other Ideas then?

Back