Problem playing BD-RE disc with Nero 8 Showtime

Discussion in 'High Definition Software' started by jimbo1mcm, Jun 3, 2008.

1. jimbo1mcm

jimbo1mcm Active Member

I used AnyDVD to rip my copy of Spiderman 3. I then used Nero 8 Ultra, with the purchased BluRay module, to create a UDF copy on a 25 GB Sony BD-RE. Used my new LG 20L Blu Ray burner. When I put the copied disc in the burner to play, it plays perfectly with Power DVD. When I try to open it with Nero 8 Ultra Showtime, I get the following message:" Sorry, the folder you have selected does not contain a valid DVD Video structure. Please use Media Files function to browse and play files from this folder"

When I put the original Spiderman 3 disc in the burner, it opens and plays perfectly with Power DVD and also with Nero 8 Showtime.

I am thinking that Nero8 Showtime, doesn't support BD-RE playback at this time. Anyone have ideas? Thanks.

2. James

James Redfox Development Team Staff Member

You could ask Nero support, and tell us what they say.

3. Adbear

Adbear Well-Known Member

Did you activate the blu-ray side by entering the serial number for the blu-ray plugin?

4. jimbo1mcm

jimbo1mcm Active Member

Blu Ray side?

I copied the disc using the BluRay module for Nero ROM, which I purchased and put the key in. Is there another key I have to put in for Showtime?

5. jimbo1mcm

jimbo1mcm Active Member

Sent a note to Nero

I sent an email to Nero with the problem info. Will post a reply. I thought I read somewhere that Showtime can play a DATA BD-RE, but no mention of a Bluray movie.

6. Adbear

Adbear Well-Known Member

My nero showtime plays back BD-re films fine but I had to enter the serial number for the Blu-ray plugin before it would play them back

7. jimbo1mcm

jimbo1mcm Active Member

Looks like my bad!!!!!

It looks like operator error. When I used Nero 8 Ultra, with the BluRay plug in, I made 2 mistakes. The first was that I did not go into the UDF settings and change automatic, which is defaulted to UDF 1.0 to UDF 2.5. The second mistake was that after I reduced the size with Transmuxer, I only dragged the BD stream over to the compilation window on Nero 8. When I dragged the folder that had the BMDV and the Certificate into Nero 8 ROM, it burned perfectly and played perfectly from the disc with Nero Showtime.

An interesting side note: Using Showtime, I got the DTS 6 channel playback at 1509 kbps, whereas with Power DVD, version 7.3, I only got back Dolby Digital 5.1 at 448kbps.

8. Adbear

Adbear Well-Known Member

That's because PowerDVD 7 doesn't support it

9. jimbo1mcm

jimbo1mcm Active Member

Getting smarter!!!

I also noticed that if I went to computer, then double clicked on the drive that holds my bluray burner, the disc appears. I have Nero Showtime selected as my default playing program. If I then select the stream, right click and try to open it with Showtime, the program closes.( Not sure why, but maybe it needs the certificate authority).

When I open Showtime first, having the disc in the drive, and select Play on the Showtime control, the disc plays perfectly. I am getting better.