• AnyStream is having some DRM issues currently, Netflix is not available in HD for the time being.
    Situations like this will always happen with AnyStream: streaming providers are continuously improving their countermeasures while we try to catch up, it's an ongoing cat-and-mouse game. Please be patient and don't flood our support or forum with requests, we are working on it 24/7 to get it resolved. Thank you.

Problem playing BD-RE disc with Nero 8 Showtime

jimbo1mcm

I used AnyDVD to rip my copy of Spiderman 3. I then used Nero 8 Ultra, with the purchased BluRay module, to create a UDF copy on a 25 GB Sony BD-RE. Used my new LG 20L Blu Ray burner. When I put the copied disc in the burner to play, it plays perfectly with Power DVD. When I try to open it with Nero 8 Ultra Showtime, I get the following message:" Sorry, the folder you have selected does not contain a valid DVD Video structure. Please use Media Files function to browse and play files from this folder"

When I put the original Spiderman 3 disc in the burner, it opens and plays perfectly with Power DVD and also with Nero 8 Showtime.

I am thinking that Nero8 Showtime, doesn't support BD-RE playback at this time. Anyone have ideas? Thanks.

I used AnyDVD to rip my copy of Spiderman 3. I then used Nero 8 Ultra, with the purchased BluRay module, to create a UDF copy on a 25 GB Sony BD-RE. Used my new LG 20L Blu Ray burner. When I put the copied disc in the burner to play, it plays perfectly with Power DVD. When I try to open it with Nero 8 Ultra Showtime, I get the following message:" Sorry, the folder you have selected does not contain a valid DVD Video structure. Please use Media Files function to browse and play files from this folder"

When I put the original Spiderman 3 disc in the burner, it opens and plays perfectly with Power DVD and also with Nero 8 Showtime.

I am thinking that Nero8 Showtime, doesn't support BD-RE playback at this time. Anyone have ideas? Thanks.
You could ask Nero support, and tell us what they say.

Did you activate the blu-ray side by entering the serial number for the blu-ray plugin?

Blu Ray side?

I copied the disc using the BluRay module for Nero ROM, which I purchased and put the key in. Is there another key I have to put in for Showtime?

Sent a note to Nero

I sent an email to Nero with the problem info. Will post a reply. I thought I read somewhere that Showtime can play a DATA BD-RE, but no mention of a Bluray movie.

My nero showtime plays back BD-re films fine but I had to enter the serial number for the Blu-ray plugin before it would play them back

Looks like my bad!!!!!

It looks like operator error. When I used Nero 8 Ultra, with the BluRay plug in, I made 2 mistakes. The first was that I did not go into the UDF settings and change automatic, which is defaulted to UDF 1.0 to UDF 2.5. The second mistake was that after I reduced the size with Transmuxer, I only dragged the BD stream over to the compilation window on Nero 8. When I dragged the folder that had the BMDV and the Certificate into Nero 8 ROM, it burned perfectly and played perfectly from the disc with Nero Showtime.

An interesting side note: Using Showtime, I got the DTS 6 channel playback at 1509 kbps, whereas with Power DVD, version 7.3, I only got back Dolby Digital 5.1 at 448kbps.

That's because PowerDVD 7 doesn't support it

Getting smarter!!!

I also noticed that if I went to computer, then double clicked on the drive that holds my bluray burner, the disc appears. I have Nero Showtime selected as my default playing program. If I then select the stream, right click and try to open it with Showtime, the program closes.( Not sure why, but maybe it needs the certificate authority).

When I open Showtime first, having the disc in the drive, and select Play on the Showtime control, the disc plays perfectly. I am getting better.

Back