• AnyStream is having some DRM issues currently, Netflix is not available in HD for the time being.
    Situations like this will always happen with AnyStream: streaming providers are continuously improving their countermeasures while we try to catch up, it's an ongoing cat-and-mouse game. Please be patient and don't flood our support or forum with requests, we are working on it 24/7 to get it resolved. Thank you.

Problem in backing up "Love the Coopers" R1 (USA)?

pcarey

There seems to be a problem in backing up "Love the Coopers" R1 (USA). The initial Quality Scan in CloneDVD2 2.9.3.3 shows 0% and the secondary Quality Scan stops at 13%. I've tried AnyDVD 7.6.8.0, 7.6.8.1 Beta and 7.6.8.2 Beta. The result is the same. There doesn't seem to be a CloneDVD beta in the sandbox later than the 2.9.3.3 release I'm using.

Is anyone else having a problem backing up "Love the Coopers" R1?

Logfile (hopefully) attached. Never done this before :).

Attachments

• AnyDVD_7.6.8.2_Info_E_Love the Coopers.ziplog
    829.1 KB · Views: 11
When the secondary scan stops do you get an error message? If so what is it? Try ripping with anydvd, if that one errors too post the error message too. The logfile seems to indicate decryption is fine, but an initial quality scan of 0% seems to say otherwise. One of the dev's will need to take look.

Verstuurd vanaf mijn Nexus 7 met Tapatalk

Secondary scan never seems to stop. Stays at 13%. If I tell CloneDVD2 to proceed from there without finishing the secondary scan, I get the attached error message shortly after it starts to write. Here's a screenshot. I will try a rip with AnyDVD first chance I have and post any error messages I get. BTW, the disc plays just fine in Windows Media Player using my DVD-ROM drive and in the Panasonic DVD player on the TV, so it's apparently not defective.

Attachments

• Error message CloneDVD2 Love the Coopers.pdf
    103.8 KB · Views: 9
Ripped with AnyDVD 7.6.8.2 Beta. Got the attached error message.

Attachments

• AnyDVDRipper error Love the Coopers.pdf
    22.5 KB · Views: 12
Also this message.

Attachments

• AnyDVDRipper error 2.pdf
    27.1 KB · Views: 2
Title Configuration screen w/DVD+/-R DL selected.

Attachments

• Title Configuration.pdf
    129.7 KB · Views: 11
Title Configuration screen w/DVD+/-R DL selected.

AnyDVD needs to be updated to handle this dvd.

I did some checking and one source said the movie has a 1:47:00 running time

Until AnyDVD is updated you MIGHT be able to copy this dvd by

Unchecking all titles with a 1:50:34 Play time
Unchecking all titles with a 1:49:37 Play time
Unchecking all titles with a 1:48:35 Play time
Unchecking all titles with a 1:38:43 Play time

Titles 23,24,25,28 & 29 have a 1:47:00 Play time

Try copying with just title 24 checked
( Bunnyrip2 says title 24 is the good one! )

If that does not work try the remaining 4 titles one at a time

Last edited:
I followed your suggestions and the secondary Quality Scan finished fairly quickly with a reasonable 66% quality score with just Title 23 checked. Seems to be copying normally now. The running snapshot seems to show scenes normally, if that's any indication of anything. I may not get a chance to view the whole movie tonight (getting near bedtime here), but I will probably try it in Windows Media Player yet tonight and skip through it chapter by chapter, just as a preliminary check. In any case, I'll let you know as soon as I can find time for a full viewing on the TV's DVD player.

Unchecking titles is only a work around, not a true fix.

Verstuurd vanaf mijn Nexus 7 met Tapatalk

I followed your suggestions and the secondary Quality Scan finished fairly quickly with a reasonable 66% quality score with just Title 23 checked. Seems to be copying normally now. The running snapshot seems to show scenes normally, if that's any indication of anything. I may not get a chance to view the whole movie tonight (getting near bedtime here), but I will probably try it in Windows Media Player yet tonight and skip through it chapter by chapter, just as a preliminary check. In any case, I'll let you know as soon as I can find time for a full viewing on the TV's DVD player.

Did you uncheck title 31 at the very bottom as well?

Assuming you selected DVD+/-R DL Quality it should show 100% quality

If you did uncheck title 31 I assume you selected DVD-5 quality?

Success with anydvd 7.6.8.2 Beta. And the Latest CloneDVD2 Main Title only. Menus removed, Title 24
I received No Errors and it plays well.
I hope this helps somebody

Used 7.6.8.1 beta. Ripped to hard drive w/o problem. Then used DVD Shrink to compress movie only (title 25 @ 1hr 47min) and edited out credits. Compress to approx 84%. Plays back well.

Used Beta AnyDVD 7.6.8.2 with most recent CloneDVD. Copied just fine, using windows 8.1. Did not work with non-beta version of AnyDVD though.

Bunnyrip2's technique seems to work as a work-around using AnyDVD 7.6.8.2 Beta and CloneDVD2 2.9.3.3. Set as DVD5. All titles unchecked except Title 24. "Preserve Menus" Unchecked. Of course the copy starts with the main movie only. At this point, I've only skipped through the copy's titles with Windows Media Player with the disc in the system's DVD-ROM drive, but all the titles seem to work and the play time ends at 1:47:00. After I get 8" of snow cleared out of the driveway and a few other things done, I may have more time to play around. We will certainly watch it on the TV this evening. My thanks to Bunnyrip2 and everyone else who contributed. I'm sure we'll have a solution from SlySoft soon.:)

I just used Anydvd 7.6.8.2 Beta to Rip the entire dvd to hard drive and then used Dvd Shrink to scan the folder and everything looks to be perfect. Only 1 title with a run time of 1:47:00 and if I keep the extras and menues but uncheck the 2 channel audio you end up with 71% compressed. I am running Windows Vista 64 with a Plextor DVD Burner.

All these work-arounds seem valid - until AnyDVD get gets an update.
Normally all those "extra titles" don't get passed through AnyDVD to the copy program at all.

-W

Still problems with update 7.6.8.3 with Love the Coopers. Using Handbrake 0.10.3.0 (latest version). It runs for about 5 seconds and says it is finished. Leaves small file that is basically empty. My OS is Win 10 Home with updates (latest updates tonight from M$ download, including 3 or 4 reboots).

I am trying to generate a log file from AnyDVD, but it keeps saying it is scanning the disk (no activity on the DVD) and it has been 30+ minutes. .

Finally stopped. Any assistance is appreciated.

Attachments

• AnyDVD_7.6.8.3_Info_D_Love the Coopers.ziplog
    811 KB · Views: 15
Back