• AnyStream is having some DRM issues currently, Netflix is not available in HD for the time being.
    Situations like this will always happen with AnyStream: streaming providers are continuously improving their countermeasures while we try to catch up, it's an ongoing cat-and-mouse game. Please be patient and don't flood our support or forum with requests, we are working on it 24/7 to get it resolved. Thank you.

Problem in backing up "Love the Coopers" R1 (USA)?

Your version of Love the Coopers might not be supported by AnyDVD 7683

Would you please post a screenshot showing CloneDVD2's Title Configuration page when you try copying "Love the Coopers"?

Note: Choose DVD+/-R DL Quality

Still problems with update 7.6.8.3 with Love the Coopers. Using Handbrake 0.10.3.0 (latest version). It runs for about 5 seconds and says it is finished. Leaves small file that is basically empty. My OS is Win 10 Home with updates (latest updates tonight from M$ download, including 3 or 4 reboots).

I am trying to generate a log file from AnyDVD, but it keeps saying it is scanning the disk (no activity on the DVD) and it has been 30+ minutes. .

Finally stopped. Any assistance is appreciated.
That sounds more like the two year old handbrake issue:
The RED 2 issue with Handbrake is actually a problem with LibDVDNav. In Handbrake go to Tools > Options > Advanced > under DVD Reading check the "Disable LibDVDNav. (libdvdread will be used instead)" checkbox. Problem solved. Remember to switch it back when you're done.
Last edited by DrinkLyeAndDie; 15th December 2013 at 02:11.

Bunnyrip2's technique seems to work as a work-around using AnyDVD 7.6.8.2 Beta and CloneDVD2 2.9.3.3. Set as DVD5. All titles unchecked except Title 24. "Preserve Menus" Unchecked. Of course the copy starts with the main movie only. At this point, I've only skipped through the copy's titles with Windows Media Player with the disc in the system's DVD-ROM drive, but all the titles seem to work and the play time ends at 1:47:00. After I get 8" of snow cleared out of the driveway and a few other things done, I may have more time to play around. We will certainly watch it on the TV this evening. My thanks to Bunnyrip2 and everyone else who contributed. I'm sure we'll have a solution from SlySoft soon.:)

Finally got to view backup made using Bunnyrip2's technique. It played perfectly, but of course no menus, just starts with the movie. Which means no Previews of Upcoming Attractions (read as commercials) or inane comments by some La-La Land movie director. Kinda refreshing, really!;)

I read this entire thread, then downloaded AnyDVD 7.9.6.1 and tried to use it. DVD Shrink was unable to simply rip it after the 7.9.6.1 evaluation. Cyclical Redundancy, a pop-up noted. On all PC laptops (3). I turned to ripitforme which often will deconstruct a DVD whose autostart is missing. Ripit4me ripped a complete iso of Love the Coopers. I reauthored the resulting vob lineup RIFMe created, which may have been a mistake. I found just that single 1 hour 47 minute file file there to rip the second 'final' phase of the Shrink process. I'd never failed to rip a completed ISO successfully to DVD before, but this time I did fail. It got maybe an 8th of the way along then remained permanently hung up on a long parade of files and protocols it was balking at, and would proceed no further. I eventually closed Imgburn. I'm thinking I may have made a mistake in not just using the original finished file UN-REAUTHORED. It now looks as if I'll have to turn to picking nits out of the enormous stream of false bups and critical tiny bumps in the file that Bunny Lake or someone mentioned above? Kidding about the Bunny Lake business.. If someone else has found the simple magic, I'd appreciate hearing from you?

I read this entire thread, then downloaded AnyDVD 7.9.6.1 and tried to use it. DVD Shrink was unable to simply rip it after the 7.9.6.1 evaluation. Cyclical Redundancy, a pop-up noted. On all PC laptops (3). I turned to ripitforme which often will deconstruct a DVD whose autostart is missing. Ripit4me ripped a complete iso of Love the Coopers. I reauthored the resulting vob lineup RIFMe created, which may have been a mistake. I found just that single 1 hour 47 minute file file there to rip the second 'final' phase of the Shrink process. I'd never failed to rip a completed ISO successfully to DVD before, but this time I did fail. It got maybe an 8th of the way along then remained permanently hung up on a long parade of files and protocols it was balking at, and would proceed no further. I eventually closed Imgburn. I'm thinking I may have made a mistake in not just using the original finished file UN-REAUTHORED. It now looks as if I'll have to turn to picking nits out of the enormous stream of false bups and critical tiny bumps in the file that Bunny Lake or someone mentioned above? Kidding about the Bunny Lake business.. If someone else has found the simple magic, I'd appreciate hearing from you?[/QUOTE]

I just used Anydvd 7.6.8.2 Beta to Rip the entire dvd to hard drive and then used Dvd Shrink to scan the folder and everything looks to be perfect. Only 1 title with a run time of 1:47:00 and if I keep the extras and menues but uncheck the 2 channel audio you end up with 71% compressed. I am running Windows Vista 64 with a Plextor DVD Burner.

Yes, but did you get a shiny working DVD out of it when you went to the Burn Level? I got as far as your remark suggests, but no further!

Yes, but did you get a shiny working DVD out of it when you went to the Burn Level? I got as far as your remark suggests, but no further!

Ida

Try this

Right-click on the Red Fox icon on your system tray and click on "Rip Video Disc to Harddisk..."
( Note: The icon may be hidden. Click on the up arrow on system tray to see the icon )

Anydvd will create a "Love The Coopers" folder on your hard drive

Use Dvd Shrink on the above created folder and you should be good to go

Note: CloneDvd2 should be able to copy "Love The Coopers" using AnyDVD 7.9.6.1

Ida

Try this

Right-click on the Red Fox icon on your system tray and click on "Rip Video Disc to Harddisk..."
( Note: The icon may be hidden. Click on the up arrow on system tray to see the icon )

Anydvd will create a "Love The Coopers" folder on your hard drive

Use Dvd Shrink on the above created folder and you should be good to go

Note: CloneDvd2 should be able to copy "Love The Coopers" using AnyDVD 7.9.6.1

Just curious, I've known about that workaround with anydvd for years. It didn't work the first time. Also, yes, the new 3/21/16 anydvd update WAS 7.6.9.1 I made a couple of other ISOs, not using the re-author disk function, which I think may have been the problem in this case. Anyway, I went back and retried making the original iso in imgburn, and this time it worked, cranked out a perfect one. I've since gotten two more. Meanwhile, one of those I'd made earlier appeared in one of my Samsung all video format players, as a file heading and two files beneath them. None of those three file headings would play or take me to a file. I put the same disk into a Phillips player that played avis and also British Pal system disks. This time the strange disk played, but had five chapters which one played one at a time in the same way all video format Samsungs and the Phillips play universal vidfile CDs and DVDs, with consecutive chapters that play in a row. It also produced English and Spanish subs. This was the same disk that only produced file headings in a BD D5100 Samsung all vid file player. I couldn't quite make out what the file endings were. I think I'll pull it out of the waste basket and investigate again. I'll let you know my findings. I was the first on this thread to try AnyDVD 7.6.9.1 and have success, I think, but I didn't get there that easily. I got Love the Coopers from a Library. I'll have to tell them over there how beastly the thing was to rip.

Last edited:
OK, the files that played on the Phillips AVI plus normal DVD plus Brit Pal system disks, has five chapters in a row with no visible file endings. However, the files read this way, in order: VTS_01_1, VTS_02_2, VTS_03_3, VTS_04_4, VTS_05_5 I haven't tried playing them all the way to the end, but this is the disk that produces only three useless file folders in the Samsung Blu Ray (manued b4 Feb, 2012) all universal video file player that is an old enough blu-ray to not be affected by Sony's Cinavia sound DEATH RAY! I pulled ahead to the fifth chapter and it appears the five chapters are the entire DVD in some strange form. Waiting for the David Pogues among you to explain? That first ISO that wouldn't complete and was hung up in imgburn attempting to burn, stops playing in a freeze frame right about where the burn progression was hung up in imgburn. I'm considering sending them to the Smithsonian as specimens!

Used Beta AnyDVD 7.6.8.2 with most recent CloneDVD. Copied just fine, using windows 8.1. Did not work with non-beta version of AnyDVD though.

Quoting Richard: Used Beta AnyDVD 7.6.8.2 with most recent CloneDVD. Copied just fine, using windows 8.1. Did not work with non-beta version of AnyDVD though.

Richard, you didn't try them in anydvd vers. 7.6.9.1 then.., just checking to see if you tried? I was so messed up trying these experiments, I'm not sure whether I got my eventual success on Love the Coopers using the ripit4me back door freeware method for non start-equipped disks, or by simply using the right click Anydvd rip to hard drive tactic. I'm inclined to think it was the ripit4me that worked. I use both Apple and PC machines as universally as I can manage. I have the outside disk people at WD show me over the phone an ambi-format that allows me to move major file endings back and forth between both PC and Apple systems without having to convert. This allows me to take traditional vob files generated on the apple machine to a PC, the only format DVD Shrink works in, and transform those DVDs into an ISO on the PC, that can quickly be turned into a copy of the original VOB filed US or Pal DVD. I use imgburn to do this, but note that Imgburn's OWN popup menu will find NO FILES ON A THUMB DRIVE WHOSE VIDEO FILE CONTENT HAS COME FROM AN APPLE MACHINE! So what's the workaround? Simply go to file manager, or right click to open Recycle Bin where you will find the file manager in newer windows 7 and later iterations, hidden.., go to file manager, minimize its size and DRAG the clearly showing video files of any sort brought over from the apple into the left portion of your PC's DVD Shrink freeware, where they will instantly be transformed into a file analysis with the scenes themselves showing in the enabled video inset, while the chaff that may have assembled there produces popups saying some of those are invalid, which you just get rid of, until all the genuine files are consumed in the video analysis by DVD Shrink, resulting in the completion of the first DVD Shrink Stage. After that you click full disk or re-author, the second stage which asks you to either make an exact copy of the DVD, or to click on the 're-author' stage of DVD Shrink and just opt to take the movie without previews or other DVD chaff, some of which you can organize, if you choose, to come AFTER the movie and not before. The first stage of dvd shrink is an analysis which produces the file components of the dvd copy, the second stage casts those components into the *.iso file that will produce a shrunk version of the original film that mostly looks exactly like the original when burned (imgburn freeware) to DVD. In Imgburn the top left menu of the six offered is the one used to burn traditional dvds.

Last edited:
This is real simple.
The AnyDVD "Rip to Hard disk" (not ISO) method should ALWAYS produce a proper rip of a DVD that can be burned, played, or imported (as is) into a 3rd party processing software.
If it does NOT do that' You explain EXACTLY how you did what, and submit a logfile.

-W

Back