• AnyStream is having some DRM issues currently, Netflix is not available in HD for the time being.
    Situations like this will always happen with AnyStream: streaming providers are continuously improving their countermeasures while we try to catch up, it's an ongoing cat-and-mouse game. Please be patient and don't flood our support or forum with requests, we are working on it 24/7 to get it resolved. Thank you.

Problem burning to DVD-R

yep the cable is set in master position - ie the end one

unsure of 80 pin? but is standard IDE

Try http://club.cdfreaks.com/showpost.php?p=1455402&postcount=3

And if it still doesn't work, then I really have no other suggestions other than trying recommended blank media. You can also try what shannon90210 suggested, and use +R media instead (booktype it to "dvd-rom").

Don't burn at 16x if you're using 16x rated media (try burning a little slower); try disabling other programs that may be running in the background while you're burning (close out of email, web browsing, etc.).

You've tried standard controllers, right?
Had the "Ultras' installed ..... Installed the Standard

at first burn ..... I seem to be getting a faster avg burn rate ....
I'll have to keep an eye on that ... 8) - to confirm

I'll pick up some -Rs - to see if it makes any Difference ... You never know

thanks .....
8)

Had the "Ultras' installed ..... Installed the Standard

at first burn ..... I seem to be getting a faster avg burn rate ....
I'll have to keep an eye on that ... 8) - to confirm

I'll pick up some -Rs - to see if it makes any Difference ... You never know

thanks .....
8)

I don't know if it's related, but on an older AMD dual core system (and I've now reached the point where in August I'm going to switch my girlfriend's system to intel quad core when the Q6600 drops to about $270-$300 U.S., because I'm sick and tired of drivers/hotfixes, using "set affinity", etc. to just get certain games working properly with AMD's dual cores on XP even . . . eventually I started using runfirst.exe to solve these issues for her; I just don't enjoy having to explain how to fix these quirks over and over; conversely, Intel's Conroes work perfectly without additional tweaking on my notebook, so . . .), I was experiencing issues when I had other programs running in the background and also burning with Clonedvd2 at the same time (the famous write 10 error . . .).

Anyway, I'd be interested in whether dvd-rs now work for you (you might also want to try disabling the .wav that plays at the end).

Last edited:
Jumpers set to correct position - thanks Shannon
IDE Bus reinstalled
The problem refuses to leave without more of a fight.
My thoughts are that an option to write to DVD-R has been switched off somewhere - this is beyond me as to where or if that is even a possibility.
A software compatibility error has become entrenched and no amount of cleaning or reinstalling has thusly proved successful in removing it, causing my current DVD-R burn dilema.
I will be trying Verbatim DVD+R before the week ends.
This will be followed (if unsuccesful) by my faithful friend the format. Always guaranteed to rid ones PC of those constant windows niggles and speed up the computer to 'Blimey - thats quick'.
Thanks to all for your input

Fix :) yay!

Hey guys,

I had the same problem recently. I have a Sony VHS to DVD burner and I use Staples DVD-R disks. I burned some of my cassetes and tried to play the DVD. On the burner, before I took the CD out, I tried it, everything worked fine. Then, I put it into my PC and after a while, it finally loaded. It said free space: 0 bytes. used space: 0 bytes. I went into properties and saw that it said, "File System: RAW".

I found the fix right away. Being a dumbass :), I accidentally forgot to finalize the DVD. If you have the same burner, you go into System Menu --> Finalize.
That helped. After that, my PC played all my CDs.

Hope I helped!:),
-Maximz2005

Back