• AnyStream is having some DRM issues currently, Netflix is not available in HD for the time being.
    Situations like this will always happen with AnyStream: streaming providers are continuously improving their countermeasures while we try to catch up, it's an ongoing cat-and-mouse game. Please be patient and don't flood our support or forum with requests, we are working on it 24/7 to get it resolved. Thank you.

Private link to Cyberlink PowerDVD Ultra 3319 Ptach

Adbear,

I do not have this issue with HD DVD nor do I have it when I revert to PowerDVD 3104a, just by running the 3104a patch again that is (no special deletion measures taken). The discs are older and so is the 3104a patch software, so they are not likely to be key revocation issues nor do they seem to be player vs. drive issues - but rather a problem of PowerDVD patch 3391 working in combination with AnyDVD HD (3104a works fine, and AnyDVD HD will rip / remove region and AACSS just fine by itself) The problem only occured with Blu Ray movies (I tried Rambo First Blood, Planet Earth (region free) and The Queen - they all showed the same problem). No problems with a few HD DVD I tested.

Well, aslong as I do not have key revocation issues, I don't think I will update - since obviously, there still seem to be problems with this patch. If you need to run extra non cyberlink software to clean up a previous install remnants in both the registry and installation folders: Cyberlink has their work cut out for them. But they are certainly not the only ones who have clean installation/de-installation issues ... If you collect gigabytes of installer and temporary file junk in your local settings temp folder in a few months time like I do you know what I'm talking about (just 2 weeks ago, I cleaned up approx. 18GB of such junk! This over a period of online a few months...). Personally, I consider this sloppy programming work... (a bit like hardcoding a path on c:/program files/... instead of using the appropriate systemvariable...)

It could well be a conflict with the new version of Powerdvd and other stuff on your system. If you manage to accumulate that much stuff in the temp folder it would imply a lot of installs and unpacking of stuff which means probably a lot of rubbish left in the registries that even reg cleaners won't always get out. No matter how much unpacking installing uninstalling etc of software (and I do a fair amount as I have to test a lot of editing, encoding and playback software for work) I've never had anywhere near that amount in any temp folder.
Have you tried backing up your primary drive and making a completely clean install of windows and seeing if it works then?

Oh and I never said you had to run third party software, just that they gave instructions on how to clean it out of windows, deleting any cyberlink folders and checking the registries to make sure nothing had ben left behind

Last edited:
Adbear you are probably right, but this is not the point of the question. Every patch of PowerDVD that contain one new feature has one step ahead and three steps back. Then we need to wait the "patch for the patch" to remove the new introduced bugs. Sometimes the bugs are cycling like the one of the reduced resolution of the monitor 2.
This is a mirror of poor attention to the details and non-well engineering process in developing.

Personally I don't want to install a fresh copy of windows only for testing powerDVD. It's a long process, not safe (even if I make a full backup) and there isn't any certain of success...
The installer must do it for me.

I wasn't implyin that everyone do it, but looking at what Stormlord was saying he seems to install a lot of stuff (18gb in the temp folder) and it could be any number of things that are on the system that could cause a conflict with the newer version. When they went up from 2911 I got green corruption on h264 films until I found a hacked later graphics card driver for my laptop

Actually,

I didn't install many new things at all, I was surprised to see that much temporary file remains in there this time around aswell. Usually, its max 1-2 gig in a few months time. I guess it's office 2007 temp files mainly, don't think the windows install itself is the problem + it's clear, that if one needs to clean out previous powerDVD registry stuff (by 's cyberlink request) they are not cleaning up their installation properly when making an upgrade installation - that should be handled properly by an installer in the first place... Besides: as I said 3104a works fine, even when going back to it from 3391 (without removing the 3391, just having the old patch install over it!).

I just got 2 new discs in:
Memoirs of a Geisha, results in black screen? I think this was a problem disc, I'll have to look up the problem

Dracula has corrupted "hush" audio in the main menu and it crashes powerdvd just a few minutes running the main menu... (i.o.w. there is some kind of weird crackly distortion in the main menu audio) At first glance, the main movie seems to play fine though

link deleted - Forum Moderator Slyfox1
this is the real deal !!!

regards
hddvdsupporter

Last edited by a moderator:
Cyberlink has asked that we not provide links to download their products. If this is on there Website, go there and download it, if it is not, e-mail them.

lol and since when are websites allowed to control who links to them??

lol and since when are websites allowed to control who links to them??

They can when people are start providing private logins and passwords to their ftp, which happened here in the past.

We've had Cyberlink complaining to us (moderators) in the past.

Last edited:
If the link is not on their website, it cannot be posted here. The above link I deleted was a direct download. This is unacceptable. If the product is in beta and causes problems for people here, they will want to know why we let it be posted. All links that are not available on the Cyberlink Website will be deleted. :policeman: Please do not post links to unauthorized downloads. If the link is posted on Cyberlinks Webpage then go there and get it.

If you are a legit owner of you Cyberlink Power DVD Ultra, you can just open a support ticket. They sent me a private link too. Still have to check it out though.

Back