• AnyStream is having some DRM issues currently, Netflix is not available in HD for the time being.
    Situations like this will always happen with AnyStream: streaming providers are continuously improving their countermeasures while we try to catch up, it's an ongoing cat-and-mouse game. Please be patient and don't flood our support or forum with requests, we are working on it 24/7 to get it resolved. Thank you.

Question Prime 4k?

GoodBoy

Pulling some amazon prime series that I know can stream in 4k, but only seeing 1080p in the dropdown. Still on the trial license.

Also noticed a glitch with the 10 per day quota. I left the 10 completed ones in the queue last night. this morning when the quota timer ran out, it downloaded a single file and started another 12 hour wait... grrr...

Can Netflix do downloads in 4k?

If yes, then I'll spring for the full license.

4k on Amz and NF is not available since it has a higher protection.

As for the quote, it's not a glitch. When I remember correctly, you get 10 initially and then 1 per day.

But that doesn't mean AS can't do 4k at all. It's just protected too well. HBO is/was 4k for example (but I never used it so I don't know the current status).

Yeah I am this | | close to pulling the trigger on the License. Maybe if a Christmas sale comes around...
If you've used the trial period and it does what you want/need, and If we weren't so close to Christmas, I'd say just go for it and pull the trigger now.

I mean, at regular price Anystream is worth it, and you can start downloading stuff right away, before the normal "end of month" content changes so you don't miss anything you might want.

But I get the desire to save a little money if you can.

Yeah the only thing holding me back, is that I prefer 4k disc video quality if I can get it.

Anystream is a backup for stuff that hasn't come to disc yet, if ever. I bought Cosmos season 2 on Prime. So I want a backup of that. 4k if possible. For now it will only be 1080p (Stream) which is better than nothing. But it is still 3 tiers below what I shoot for:

4k Disc > 4k Stream > Blu-ray Disc > 1080p Stream.

4k discs are anywhere from 72Mbps to 144Mbps,
4k streams are 25Mbps to 35Mbps.

Blu-ray discs are 25Mbps to 48Mbps max,
1080p streams are about 5Mbps to 15Mbps.

The Streaming max Mbps value is an estimate, but the bottom values are the specified minimums.

The bitstream bandwidth directly relates to picture quality, and clarity of things in motion.

Some 1080p mp4 files Anystream has generated, the resultant files vary between 4.8Mbps to 10.5Mbps bandwidth, so in line with my estimate.

Another that comes to mind is The Expanse. I now have all 6 seasons on Blu-ray, but really want it in 4k. Hoping that one comes out in a 4k box set.

If Anystream did 4k on prime and Netflix, I would have already bought it.

If Anystream did 4k on prime and Netflix, I would have already bought it.
Well, it doesn't and it's not in the cards for the future unless something drastic changes. You can't compare downloads from the provider to compare with a Blu-Ray disc. If you plan on buying AnyStream and you are in the USA, learn how to pay in Cryptocurrency, BTC, or Litecoin. Use The Cash app Paypal, or Robinhood, or whatever wallet you have. But that's the only way to buy it at the moment.

Yeah the only thing holding me back, is that I prefer 4k disc video quality if I can get it.

Anystream is a backup for stuff that hasn't come to disc yet, if ever. I bought Cosmos season 2 on Prime. So I want a backup of that. 4k if possible. For now it will only be 1080p (Stream) which is better than nothing. But it is still 3 tiers below what I shoot for
As I said, If you used the trial and it does what you want. Go for it.

But now if as you say you like 4k disc quality... well If you are looking for 4k disc quality, then Anystream, and the like, will never be right for you. Streaming will always be inferior to disc.

Even 4k streaming isn't as good as 4k disc. The much lower bit rate of streaming files always shows through.

If you look at Anystream as a way to get a 480p, 720p, or 1080p, (with some 4k for Hulu and Max), local copies of your digital purchases, local copy of titles that may disappear from streaming some day, and things not available on disc, then Anystream is a great tool, even at regular price.

Last edited:
Back