• AnyStream is having some DRM issues currently, Netflix is not available in HD for the time being.
    Situations like this will always happen with AnyStream: streaming providers are continuously improving their countermeasures while we try to catch up, it's an ongoing cat-and-mouse game. Please be patient and don't flood our support or forum with requests, we are working on it 24/7 to get it resolved. Thank you.

Powerdvd shutting down

zukiryder05

I too, am having this problem. I though that I had corrupted iso's but I was wrong. I have curse of the black pearl and dead man's chest that won't play on powerdvd 8 ultra. Put disc in drive, anydvd scans the disc, powerdvd tries to start and then shuts down. Anyone heard of the fix for this? I have a lite-on blue ray player, ATI Radeon HD3850 video card, 4 gb ram, xp media center - up to date, AMD athlon 64 x2 6000 processor. I have other disc's that play fine.

Attachments

• AnyDVD_Info_F_PIRATES1.zip
    148.1 KB · Views: 4
If it is possible try using Daemon tools version 4.08 and see if that makes a difference. I know most people use VCD but I had to switch back to Daemon tools to get my ISO's to work.

For me, that didn't work.

I installed the VCD beta and no luck- the image file that I had created did the same thing. I really think that the problem is with PowerDVD or something on my system. I get the same problem no matter what I do. I have even tried disabling/enabling anydvd and playing the disc from my blu-ray player, and PowerDVD still shuts down. It's just on certain discs. I have the Polar Express and The Fifth Element on blu-ray and they play fine, both from the drive and from the iso's. I have updated my video drivers tonight from the ATI website and still no luck.

I was sure hoping that someone out there had experienced a similar problem.

I have the most current version of PowerDVD Ultra 8 2430. I have also tried version 2217. Both give the same results.

A couple of weeks ago I had made an ISO from Wall-E and Transformers and both played fine, and then one day I tried to watch them again, and then the problem started. I thought that maybe I had a corrupted iso or a virus or something so I re-formatted my hard drive. Re-installed all the software, re-created the iso's and I am still continuing to have the same problem.

Any suggestions?

Larry

Any suggestions?

Afc (system32\drivers\Afc.sys), Version: 1.0.0.2 (1.0.0.2)
Company: Arcsoft, Inc.
Product: Arcsoft(R) ASPI Shell
Copyright: (C) Arcsoft, Inc. 1999-2005. All rights reserved.
Description: Arcsoft(R) ASPI Shell
FileVersion: 1, 0, 0, 2
ProductVersion: 1, 0, 0, 2

This is typically installed by Arcsoft Photo Impressions. This filter can cause conflicts with Slysoft software

i) Create a backup of your registry: click http://support.microsoft.com/kb/322756
ii) Download imgburn. It's a free program: http://www.imgburn.com/index.php?act=download
(it's also an excellent program imo)
iii) Go to Tools > Filter Driver Load Order. Select "afc". Click "remove selected filter". Click "ok".
iv) Reboot

Keep in mind that whatever program installed that filter may no longer function properly.

2. Update Anydvd HD: click http://sandbox.slysoft.com/beta/SetupAnyDVD6521.exe

3. It's possible that you may need to recreate your .isos using original discs: click http://forum.slysoft.com/showthread.php?t=14989

Ver: 8.0.2217a.00

I thought there was an Powerdvd update available?

Last edited:
===============================================
Filter Driver Load Order - ImgBurn v2.4.2.0
===============================================

Upper Device Filter: redbook
Upper Class Filter: [None Found]
Device: CD/DVD-ROM Device
Lower Class Filter: PxHelp20
Lower Class Filter: ElbyDelay
Lower Class Filter: AnyDVD
Lower Device Filter: imapi

Filter Name: redbook
File Name: C:\WINDOWS\system32\DRIVERS\redbook.sys
File Version: 5.1.2600.5512 (xpsp.080413-2108)
File Description: Redbook Audio Filter Driver
Product Name: Microsoft® Windows® Operating System
Product Version: 5.1.2600.5512
Company Name: Microsoft Corporation
Copyright: © Microsoft Corporation. All rights reserved.

Filter Name: PxHelp20
File Name: C:\WINDOWS\System32\Drivers\PxHelp20.sys
File Version: 2.03.26a [2.3.26.0]
File Description: Px Engine Device Driver for Windows 2000/XP
Product Name: PxHelp20
Product Version: [2.0.0.0]
Company Name: Sonic Solutions
Copyright: Copyright © Sonic Solutions

Filter Name: ElbyDelay
File Name: C:\WINDOWS\System32\Drivers\ElbyDelay.sys
File Version: 5, 1, 0, 1 [5.1.0.1]
File Description: Elby Delay Lower Filter Driver
Product Name: CDRTools
Product Version: 5, 1, 0, 1 [5.1.0.1]
Company Name: Elaborate Bytes AG
Copyright: Copyright (C) 2003 - 2006 Elaborate Bytes AG

Filter Name: AnyDVD
File Name: C:\WINDOWS\System32\Drivers\AnyDVD.sys
File Version: 6.5.1.9
File Description: AnyDVD Filter Driver
Product Name: AnyDVD
Product Version: 6.5.1.9
Company Name: SlySoft, Inc.
Copyright: Copyright 2002 - 2009 SlySoft, Inc.

Filter Name: imapi
File Name: C:\WINDOWS\system32\DRIVERS\imapi.sys
File Version: 5.1.2600.5512 (xpsp.080413-2108)
File Description: IMAPI Kernel Driver
Product Name: Microsoft® Windows® Operating System
Product Version: 5.1.2600.5512
Company Name: Microsoft Corporation
Copyright: © Microsoft Corporation. All rights reserved.

Here's the filter list from IMGBurn.
Larry

I thought there was an Powerdvd update available?

PowerDVD8 8.0.2217a is the latest public release available from their website. They have the limited 2430 build and the even newer 2521 builds but both of those, as far as I understand, require you going through tech support to resolve a problem. Both of those update contain both issues I experienced with 2217a plus additional bugs. For instance, play a BD and drag the status bar during playback. Using 2217a and earlier versions it just fast-forwards or rewinds as it should until you stop and let it play. Doing this with 2430 or 2521 causes PowerDVD8 to freeze and become unresponsive. I have to kill it with the Task Manager. I also totally lost audio playback with 2521. PowerDVD8 8.0.2217a may be buggy but it's far better than the unofficial builds they are sending to people reporting problems.

If you're running XP try uninstalling the graphics card and rolling back to 8.4

Thanks for the info. Well, I installed the 2217a patch again for Powerdvd and also re-installed the video cards driver from the disc that came with the video card, and still have the same problem. I put in the disc, anydvd reads it, Powerdvd splash screen comes up, there's about a 3 second delay, a little box on powerdvd says "loading" and then it crashes.

Powerdvd also does the same thing even if anydvd is disabled.

I have submitted an email to cyberlinks tech support but I haven't heard back anything yet.

Could my video card have gone bad? It does play other blu-ray disc title just fine.

Thanks,

Larry

It's possible, I've no problems playing ISO's or originals discs in PDVD using the 3850 under xp as long as I use 8.4 as some VC-1 titles crash if I use a later driver

Thanks. I have found the version 8.4 driver on the ATI website. I will try this when I get home tonight to see if that solves my problems.

Update - I uninstalled my ATI software and installed version 8.4 as suggested and I am still having the exact same problem.

Any other suggestions?

I am still waiting for a response from Powerdvd on my ticket that I opened with them.

Larry

You can try 9.1

You may also want to give Arcsoft Total Media Theater a shot (but that program doesn't work for everyone).

What you could try as a test is mount the ISO, open up PDVD, go into config and disable hardware accel, then try and play just the main m2ts file, if that plays with out crashing then it's possible that either your windows install has corrupted the ATI drivers or the hardware accel on the card is broken.
You could then try running memory tests on all your system memory as well as the graphics card to check it's not failing.

you browse the disc into the BDMV folder then into the STREAM folder

Great. I did as was instructed and found the m2ts file after copying the movie to my hard drive and it plays, just with no sound. I did not disable my hardware acceleration. I installed "video card Stability Test" and it came back Ok. How do I go about testing my video cards accelerator?

What does this mean, that I can play the movie if I select the m2ts file, but not when I select the ISO or run from my blu-ray drive? Is there a way I can get this to work with sound? Maybe by using imgburn?

This all seem to point back to the menus and the inability of my system to play them. Could this be a Java issue or something else?

Finally! I utilized the instructions listed in the forums to use eac3to, tsmuxer and powerdvd 8. I used eac3to to find the movie and audio stream that I wanted to use. Then used tsmuxer to create the file structure - it is the main movie and the 6 channel audio. I am going to now use imgburn to create an iso of this. One question, for this test I selected just the 6 channel audio. If I try this again and also select the DTS audio option, when I play the movie will I have the option to select which audio steam that I want to use? I tried this earlier and powerdvd wouldn't provide me with any audio stream options. Of course I just selected the file that tsmuxer created, without actually creating the .iso. I am preparing to create the iso now.

If this is not an option, I'm still just glad that I finally was able to get the movie to play.

Last edited:
Just on the off chance try updating your java and see if that makes it work

Back