• AnyStream is having some DRM issues currently, Netflix is not available in HD for the time being.
    Situations like this will always happen with AnyStream: streaming providers are continuously improving their countermeasures while we try to catch up, it's an ongoing cat-and-mouse game. Please be patient and don't flood our support or forum with requests, we are working on it 24/7 to get it resolved. Thank you.

PowerDVD build 3730 available

Kiriakos,

Thanks! This version of the switcher works great for me. I can play The Simpsons from a folder with 3319a, and 3:10 to Yuma from an ISO file with 3730. With the first version of the switcher, The Simpsons did not playback smoothly.

I have a small idea for your next version. You could also swap the desktop icon for PowerDVD to show if the current version is 3319a or 3730. If I have a chance, I might even do this myself with your batch version of the switcher.

Here you are m8: Get this new version of the .exe type of the switcher. There are 3 files in the zip, the pdvdswitcher.exe and a couple of ''dummy'' .exe files just to carry the two different icons that i made. Extract them in the usual dir (c:\program files\cyberlink ) and have fun. :eek:

Everthing works great. Thx for all the effort.
If I drag the desktop icon into the quick launch
(where I keep most of my shortcuts) it will not
change but the desktop icon does. How can I fix this?

Here you are m8: Get this new version of the .exe type of the switcher. There are 3 files in the zip, the pdvdswitcher.exe and a couple of ''dummy'' .exe files just to carry the two different icons that i made. Extract them in the usual dir (c:\program files\cyberlink ) and have fun. :eek:
Why am i getting a trogan warning by my virus dector when i try to download this file?:doh:

Why am i getting a trogan warning by my virus dector when i try to download this file?:doh:

Because your Virus detector warns for a false positive ???

You really should give ...some... info. :confused:

Thanks! It works great.

Because your Virus detector warns for a false positive ???

You really should give ...some... info. :confused:
This is what my antivirus says about the zip file (all three files show same warning).

attachment.php

To test for false positives from heuristic scanning, see this thread at Grisoft Support:
http://forum.grisoft.cz/freeforum/read.php?4,104149,104175

I tested it at jotti and 3 other programs detect it as malware, although 18 did not - so this seems to be a false positive based on heuristics.

attachment.php

Attachments

• trojan001.jpg
    trojan001.jpg
    33.9 KB · Views: 150
  • trojan002.jpg
    trojan002.jpg
    80.1 KB · Views: 145
Last edited:
This is a dedicated HTPC in a public space. I am really trying to keep it 'silent'. I currently have a fanless 7600GT and it is doing a good job. I hear your concerns and we will see! I'm still hoping that the airflow from my rear fans will keep it around 65 (I know not below 50) and frankly if it shows heat problems at those temps it is going back! It is well within spec. Certainly my 7600GT can run for hours and hours @75 running 3DMark with no artifacts or issues. You can laugh at me later if I'm back here admitting failure! :D
Cool, keep me posted, the zalman is very quiet albeit kind of expensive. I've had this problem on all 3 of my HTPC's using a passive solution. I even opened the side of my case on one of them and still have the problem with the passive cooling. Good luck.
Thought you might be interested in how this turned out! In the end I went for a 3850 with fan AND made my PC quieter!

I bought the dual-slot HIS ICEQ3 3850.

http://www.hisdigital.com/html/product_ov.php?id=359

Overclocked to 720/1820Mhz and with fantastic heatpipe technology as well as a fan.

However, the card runs so cold (47C with 30%fan when idling, <55C still with 30% fan when playing Blu-ray with UVD) the 30% fan is inaudible over the case fans and, by directly venting the GPU heat out of the second slot, I have reduced the case temp so have been able to reduce my other fans!

So it goes to show fanless does not always mean lower noise!

Great, great card by the way 45%/30% CPU Core0/Core1 utilisation, max for high bit rate blu-ray AVC @1080p (e6600 overclocked to 2.7Mhz) and great visual quality.

Last edited:
Thought you might be interested in how this turned out! In the end I went for a 3850 with fan AND made my PC quieter!

I bought the dual-slot HIS ICEQ3 3850.

http://www.hisdigital.com/html/product_ov.php?id=359

Overclocked to 720/1820Mhz and with fantastic heatpipe technology as well as a fan.

However, the card runs so cold (47C with 30%fan when idling, <55C still with 30% fan when playing Blu-ray with UVD) the 30% fan is inaudible over the case fans and, by directly venting the GPU heat out of the second slot, I have reduced the case temp so have been able to reduce my other fans!

So it goes to show fanless does not always mean lower noise!

Great, great card by the way 45%/30% CPU Core0/Core1 utilisation, max for high bit rate blu-ray AVC @1080p (e6600 overclocked to 2.7Mhz) and great visual quality.

Good choice and thanks for keeping me posted.

Kiriakos,

Thanks for the great utility however....my root drive is H:\ and it complains that it does not see C:\Program files\cyberlink\......any ideas on how I can fix this?

Thanks in advance.:rock:

I really looks like this PDVDswitcherEXE_2.zip *is* indeed a trojan. So, the alarms of some anti virus programs were correct.

Just wanted to warn anybody who still uses it.

Back