• AnyStream is having some DRM issues currently, Netflix is not available in HD for the time being.
    Situations like this will always happen with AnyStream: streaming providers are continuously improving their countermeasures while we try to catch up, it's an ongoing cat-and-mouse game. Please be patient and don't flood our support or forum with requests, we are working on it 24/7 to get it resolved. Thank you.

PowerDVD build 3730 available

Well, the way that it sould work (powerdvdswitcher) is this:
1. Install v.3730 (over the older one that you have or enything) .
2. Decompress the stuff that are included in the .rar file someware.
3. Put the 2 folders (PDVD3319a and PDVD3730) in your C: drive (root) .
4. Put the file ''SWITCH_PDVD.cmd'' in your %programfiles%\Cyberlink folder (just outside of the Powerdvd folder) .
5. Put the ''SWITCH_PDVD.lnk'' link file wherever you want (usually desktop) .

Now you must be able to switch the 2 versions of PDVD with a doubleclick on the link file.

With this, you have the 3730 version as ment to be (original) and an altered 3319a. If you are having trouble, i 'll make a different one that switches both of them in the original form. Though, you have to install both of them and make some changes that i 'll write you.

For me, everything works fine with this one, but i am reading that some are having probs, so if you want i'll make the new one for you to try.

I did this exact procedere but I may have 3319 and not 3319a installed. I have to check that. When it runs 3319, I checked the version and the program still showed 3730. So when you run 3319, how is it modified? Is it intended to be a hybrid that supports the lastest stuff with disk playback?

Thanks,

Rich

4. Put the file ''SWITCH_PDVD.cmd'' in your %programfiles%\Cyberlink folder (just outside of the Powerdvd folder) .

Now you must be able to switch the 2 versions of PDVD with a doubleclick on the link file.

With this, you have the 3730 version as ment to be (original) and an altered 3319a. If you are having trouble, i 'll make a different one that switches both of them in the original form. Though, you have to install both of them and make some changes that i 'll write you.

For me, everything works fine with this one, but i am reading that some are having probs, so if you want i'll make the new one for you to try.

Yes that would be good... although I can't help thinking that there are things in the registry that make the two versions different too... when I install 3319a and 3730 manually (just copying the folder then installing another build), the build that is NOT installed according to Windows (the build I copied to another folder then the main Cyberlink folder got overwrote from other build), doesn't have full functionality... ie - if I have 3730 installed and 3319a is just a copied folder and not installed according to Windows, BD+ discs will NOT play on 3319a.

If I am right, it would be near impossible to have two builds installed without one of them behaving like the other build.

I just did it (I am using WinXP), but it does not work with BD+ titles, such as ID4 (European version):
- With 3319a, I have a message coming from the disc (it is signed by Fox), that tells me that I have to update my player. There is a Continue button on the page, but it doesn't work.
- With 3730, PDVD tells me that the format of this disc is not supported!!!

Any idea to better things there?

HD DVD and non BD+ are no problem on any version.

To be completely fair, a few BD titles, such as POTC 3, bug on 3319a, but as they work OK with 3730, I consider this as a minor glitch.

I could not test very recent titles, as 3:10 to Yuma, as I don't own any of them yet.

EDIT:
I have just noticed that BD+ can be played with 3730... if AnyDVD is disabled!

This is not an acceptable solution for me, as I must use AnyDVD, to disable the HDCP handshake.
Although my graphic card does support HDCP (ATI 2600Pro), the cable is to long (10 meters between the HTPC and the projector) for the handshake to be successful.

MORE EDIT:
Should I blame AnyDVD or the workaround on PDVD??? ;););)

Last edited by a moderator:
Although my graphic card does support HDCP (ATI 2600Pro), the cable is to long (10 meters between the HTPC and the projector) for the handshake to be successful.
Most probably is not the cable length but a driver glitch.

I had the same problem before.

I thought the Max cable length without a repeater was 5M for HDMI

I thought the Max cable length without a repeater was 5M for HDMI
From what I read, the limit with an ATI card seems to be around 7m max.
Too short for my config...:(

On the other side, a friend of mine uses his PS3 with 10m, without any problem.

Last edited by a moderator:
Guys, I had the same problem before.

It is not a problem of the cable length (there is no such limit as 5 m for HDMI).

The problem is the ATI driver.

Now I own a 3870 card and I never tried an old driver version, but when I had the 2600XT I had to go down to Catalyst 7.8 (7.11 was the latest one at that time) in order to get HDCP working without AnyDVD HD (at that time, Fantastic Four 2 couldn’t play with AnyDVD so this is why I got to all this mess and discovered these things).

Now, with my 3870 I never tried what’s going on without AnyDVD HD and HDCP. From what I read maybe I should try it as it seems that some people have better results with 3730 and without AnyDVD HD (although this seems quite strange).

PS My cable length is 15m and I own a 1080p projector.

Guys, I had the same problem before.

It is not a problem of the cable length (there is no such limit as 5 m for HDMI).

The problem is the ATI driver.
My God, you're right! :doh:

I upgraded my GC drivers some time ago, and never bothered to check again if HDCP was on.
Cyberlink Advisor just gave me a green light.
And indeed, everything is now working even without AnyDVD! :cool:

Well, that solves a lot of problems, at least now I have a choice.
Thanks a lot! :bowdown:

For those that want to have both (3319a-3730) versions in one rig and be able to switch from one to the other realy easy and to have BOTH of them in their original form (not mule or something) here it is:
1. Uninstall the currently installed version of PDVD.
2. Install the 3319a version normaly.
3. Make a copy of the PowerDVD folder in C:\Program Files\Cyberlink , in there and rename it to ''PowerDVD3319a'' .
4. Install the 3730 patch normaly.
5. Download this if you want to have acssess to the stuff in the script file that i made, or this if you want the .exe edition of the script that is more ''profesional'' and quiet.
6. Decompress the stuff from the .rar file in the c:\program files\cyberlink folder, just outside of the PowerDVD folder.
7. If you want to read in the starting page of the PDVD (with the lady holding a disk) the version that is active anytime, overwrite the ''mercury.dll'' files in the 2 folders of the 2 versions that now you have, one named ''PowerDVD'' (3730) and the other ''PowerDVD3319a'' (3319a) .The files are in the ''Skins'' folders in the PowerDVD and PowerDVD319a folders.
8. Right click the .exe or .cmd file and send a sortcut to your desktop.
9. Enjoy.

What the script doing now:
After a little research that i made on what is changing the 3730 patch in my system, i found some stuff that i included them in a couple of registry files, that work like Undo-Redo in the stuff in registry. With the first one is possible to make your system in the 3319a status and with the other in the 3730. Also, it saves the changes anyone makes in every version (settings) and it applies them the next time that you 'll select this version. The script works in the ''rename'' way but the tricky thing is the restores of the registry, so the system not only thinks but realy is in the correct version.

Please feel free to post any probs so we 'll try to fix them.

I will give this a try.

I had copys of 3319 and 3730 from their original installs.
When I started with 3730 with the previous install, it did not work. No video.
So I went back to 3319 from the original copy.

So now I am runing 3319 (clean) and I ran your switch script once and then again to get back and I am running in 3319 with your splash but the program version says 3370. Just curious what exactly is this, a combo of both?

Thanks,

Rich

The first edition of the switcher was with mule-combo versions of PDVD, the today's edition is with clean-original versions. Works realy good here.

For those that want to have both (3319a-3730) versions in one rig and be able to switch from one to the other realy easy and to have BOTH of them in their original form (not mule or something) here it is:
1. Uninstall the currently installed version of PDVD.
2. Install the 3319a version normaly.
3. Make a copy of the PowerDVD folder in C:\Program Files\Cyberlink , in there and rename it to ''PowerDVD3319a'' .
4. Install the 3730 patch normaly.
5. Download this if you want to have acssess to the stuff in the script file that i made, or this if you want the .exe edition of the script that is more ''profesional'' and quiet.
6. Decompress the stuff from the .rar file in the c:\program files\cyberlink folder, just outside of the PowerDVD folder.
7. If you want to read in the starting page of the PDVD (with the lady holding a disk) the version that is active anytime, overwrite the ''mercury.dll'' files in the 2 folders of the 2 versions that now you have, one named ''PowerDVD'' (3730) and the other ''PowerDVD3319a'' (3319a) .The files are in the ''Skins'' folders in the PowerDVD and PowerDVD319a folders.
8. Right click the .exe or .cmd file and send a sortcut to your desktop.
9. Enjoy.

What the script doing now:
After a little research that i made on what is changing the 3730 patch in my system, i found some stuff that i included them in a couple of registry files, that work like Undo-Redo in the stuff in registry. With the first one is possible to make your system in the 3319a status and with the other in the 3730. Also, it saves the changes anyone makes in every version (settings) and it applies them the next time that you 'll select this version. The script works in the ''rename'' way but the tricky thing is the restores of the registry, so the system not only thinks but realy is in the correct version.

Please feel free to post any probs so we 'll try to fix them.
I have just tried this new workaround of yours (thanks to Acronis True Image, I can easily store and restore configurations, before I mess them up! :cool: ).

Remember I use WinXP.

It solved my problem with BD+: ID4 is still described as "not supported" with 3730, but it is now readable with 3319a.

The only weird behaviour is with a BD locked in region A (I am originally in region B): it was first refused by 3730, then accepted by 3119a, and then accepted by 3730 (AnyDVD is set in "Automatic" region mode).
But as it finally worked, I'm happy!

Kudos man!:bowdown:

PS.
I have a little question about region change in 3730.

In 3319a, there was an easy tweak in the regedit to set the number of region change to 65536:
Modify Default REG_DWORD in HKEY_CLASSES_ROOT \ CLSID \ {9CB23675-4229-4630-AFF6-3668BA6AF33E} to FFFF.

With 3730, it doesn't seem to use the same key (or system...).

Anyone knows how to modify the original "Remaining region change" value (5) in this new version of PDVD? :confused:

AnyDVD prevents from getting there, but I like to know I have a failsafe! ;)

PS.
I have a little question about region change in 3730.

In 3319a, there was an easy tweak in the regedit to set the number of region change to 65536:

With 3730, it doesn't seem to use the same key (or system...).

Anyone knows how to modify the original "Remaining region change" value (5) in this new version of PDVD? :confused:

AnyDVD prevents from getting there, but I like to know I have a failsafe! ;)

Disable brs.exe service then delete the brf.dat file to gain 5 new changes.

Kiriakos,

Thanks! This version of the switcher works great for me. I can play The Simpsons from a folder with 3319a, and 3:10 to Yuma from an ISO file with 3730. With the first version of the switcher, The Simpsons did not playback smoothly.

I have a small idea for your next version. You could also swap the desktop icon for PowerDVD to show if the current version is 3319a or 3730. If I have a chance, I might even do this myself with your batch version of the switcher.

Kiriakos,

This version works great for me too. One suggestion, when you run PDVDswitcher.exe it would be really nice for it to tell you at that screen which version you just switched to.

What happens now is when I run PDVDswitcher, PDVD launches with a screen that does not tell you which version you are using. I then have to close that out and then open up PDVD to see which version I'm using. Hope that makes sense.

Kiriakos,

This version works great for me too. One suggestion, when you run PDVDswitcher.exe it would be really nice for it to tell you at that screen which version you just switched to.

What happens now is when I run PDVDswitcher, PDVD launches with a screen that does not tell you which version you are using. I then have to close that out and then open up PDVD to see which version I'm using. Hope that makes sense.
You didn't completely follow the instructions:

You didn't completely follow the instructions:

I did do that but when you run pdvdswitcher.exe, it runs the default pdvd screen first. You have to close that out and then reopen pdvd.

Am I right to assume that in 3730 you loose the ability to watch the movie from your hard drive?

If only AnyDVD could fix that problem:bang:

I did do that but when you run pdvdswitcher.exe, it runs the default pdvd screen first. You have to close that out and then reopen pdvd.

I had no complains about that till now, please do some research because everyone that i'm talking with, has no prob, like me. It works perfect. :confused:

I had no complains about that till now, please do some research because everyone that i'm talking with, has no prob, like me. It works perfect. :confused:

No worries, I have a workaround...appreciate the application, it works great.

Back