• AnyStream is having some DRM issues currently, Netflix is not available in HD for the time being.
    Situations like this will always happen with AnyStream: streaming providers are continuously improving their countermeasures while we try to catch up, it's an ongoing cat-and-mouse game. Please be patient and don't flood our support or forum with requests, we are working on it 24/7 to get it resolved. Thank you.

PowerDVD 9... start your bashing in 3, 2, 1...

Hurray. Or something. :) I hope it works for the people that stuck with it. It's only been what, 5 or 6 weeks since I first bought it and discovered the stupid bug? Yea, the refund was the best way to go.

And they went up a WHOLE 1 on the build number!

I have just downloaded the update for my PowerDVD 9 Ultra. I was not affected by any issues (yet!. I have not got a blu ray drive in my machine as media is expensive :( ) but installed it anyway. Hope this improves my DVD experiance! :D

Last edited:
Well I'm now getting audio out throough the other channels in LPCM mode, although it does claim it's outputting 48/24 on my bourne movies, have to find one with higher audio to see if it's outputting that correctly

Last edited:
So I bought the upgrade from PowerDVD 7.3 Ultra to PowerDVD 9 Ultra.

And now? If I put a Blu-Ray disc in my Blu-Ray drive, PowerDVD could not detect that it is even there (altho' AnyDVD HD can).

When I put a regular DVD in my regular DVD drive, or in the Blu-Ray drive, PowerDVD sees it, but crashes as soon as I try to play it.

Also, the Catalyst driver died and reset itself when PowerDVD started, on one occasion.

This is rather sucky.

Anyone else seeing this kind of behavior?

I'm using the current update as of this date for PowerDVD 9 Ultra, on Windows XP Pro, and the latest Catalyst drivers.

All around, this seems extremely flakey - how have people been at getting refunds?

- Tim
PDVD always seems to have problems with the latest ATI drivers under XP, try rolling back a few versions

I just tried Shoot Em Up with the new patch, and it came up with 7.1 DTS Master Audio and sound was coming out of all of my 7 speakers in PCM mode. Is there a decent way to test if it's actually working properly or if it's upmixed 5.1?

And with version 2815a, "Almost Famous" finally works! I had to double-check I was using PowerDVD!
No bashing from me this time. :)

Version 1719 is out now. It apparently fixes the TrueHD issue where it decodes 2-channel audio if you have 2 speakers or headphones selected, and there's something for Vista 64-bit.

Version 1719 is out now. It apparently fixes the TrueHD issue where it decodes 2-channel audio if you have 2 speakers or headphones selected, and there's something for Vista 64-bit.

Are you sure it fixes THAT issue, and not the OTHER issue that it decoded TrueHD in 2 channels when using HDMI/PCM output? The 2-speaker/headphone issue has been there since the beginning (i.e. when 7.3 Ultra first came out). I even expect that they regard it as a "feature". It's only a bug when you use Dolby Headphone or Dolby Virtual Speaker processing. It's too subtle a bug for them to figure it out, even if people told them (I have).

I can see that they may have fixed both bugs by disabling the TrueHD metadata tag that tells the decoder to decode in the # of channels of the system, but then it would only be incidental, and the "feature" of decoding in 2 channels when using 2 speakers will not work either. They need to decode in multichannel only when using DH and DVS processing.

Last edited:
Are you sure it fixes THAT issue, and not the OTHER issue that it decoded TrueHD in 2 channels when using HDMI/PCM output? The 2-speaker/headphone issue has been there since the beginning (i.e. when 7.3 Ultra first came out).

Sorry, I can't say as I don't have it connected via HDMI at the moment.

Sorry, I can't say as I don't have it connected via HDMI at the moment.

Oh, but you can see if setting output to headphone or 2 speakers it will be decoded in 2.0? At least in 7.3 and 8 if you hit "show information" it would tell you how it's being decoded.

Oh, but you can see if setting output to headphone or 2 speakers it will be decoded in 2.0? At least in 7.3 and 8 if you hit "show information" it would tell you how it's being decoded.

Yeah, it's 5.1 now.

Back